JonBenet Ramsey: What Really Happened?

Do the Rs even have an IDI scenario? How did the perp enter and leave? Where was JB killed? Why the two means of lethality separated by an hour? What is their explanation about the pineapple? When was the RN written? Who knew about the 118K bonus? How did PR's hair wind up in the ligature? Why was JB redressed and why was that done so poorly? Who had been sexually abusing JB and why was the family ignorant about this? These unanswered Qs could fill pages. No. The Rs do not have a credible scenario.
Something that is ridic about all this is that, during his 'reenactment', LS climbed down through the basement window in the daylight, not in the dark. Also, there was no evidence of melted snow anywhere, which there would have been if the intruder came in that way during the night. Of course, LS didn't climb back up to leave via the window. The grate was in its proper place when LE first arrived, which would mean that the intruder placed it back in position before vanishing.

They have explanations for those things. I don't know of any reason why an intruder couldn't just walk out the door near that grate.

The crazy part is the second floor hemp rope business. Iirc, Lou Smit said the intruder brought it in to facilitate his escape. To rappel from the 2nd floor?

The Ramseys both said the rope might belong to JAR so it doesn't actually need an explanation. And it's a dead ringer for a rope JonBenet used in a photoshoot years earlier. When confronted with photographic evidence, Smit doubled down and said the rope in evidence didn't hold its shape as well as the one in the photoshoot. So the intruder, according to Smit, brought in a rope of the same material, handedness, length and with the ends taped exactly the same way, just a little limper. That should have narrowed down the viable suspects, huh?

One might expect the natural fibers of a rope to degrade a bit over the years. It seems that Smit could not admit a mistake.

JR and JAR, interview on 'Extra'
Jan 06, 2021

JonBenét Ramsey’s Family Still Hopes Her Killer Will Be Found

@ 3:01
JAR: ...that the items that were tested were tested back in 1996.
And the sensitivity, ah, the methods have evolved in 24 years.
Items need to be retested.
There's dozens, if not hundreds of items that have never been tested before.
We need to use that.

Last edited:
I watched it. Here's my summary of essentials:

Lou never thought a parent could do such a thing to his or her child.

John Ramsey squeezed Lou's hand so hard when they were praying together that Lou knew he was innocent.

The handwriting experts essentially eliminated Patsy as the writer of the ransom note.

Stun guns are used to keep people quiet.

When the intruder realized he couldn't get the suitcase containing JonBenet out of the basement window, he decided to molest her on site.

When she screamed, he decided to kill her.

The intruder went in and out of the basement window (rather than simply walk out the unalarmed patio door or any other of the doors).

Intruder DNA

Lou wept when he read John's heartfelt letter to the DA.

Lou "interrogated" John. "Pressure, pressure, pressure."

When Lou asked John if Patsy could have killed JonBenet, John says, shaking his head from side to side, "That's preposterous. Patsy, uh......loves both her children dearly."

That last bit was interesting. I would have expected a quick, emphatic response about Patsy's love for JonBenet. Instead Ramsey has to think about what to say and finally presents a weak response about Patsy loving both kids.

Last edited:
I watched it. Here's my summary of essentials:

Lou never thought a parent could do such a thing to his or her child.

John Ramsey squeezed Lou's hand so hard when they were praying together that Lou knew he was innocent.

The handwriting experts essentially eliminated Patsy as the writer of the ransom note.

Stun guns are used to keep people quiet.

When the intruder realized he couldn't get the suitcase containing JonBenet out of the basement window, he decided to molest her on site.

When she screamed, he decided to kill her.

The intruder went in and out of the basement window (rather than simply walk out the unalarmed patio door or any other of the doors).

Intruder DNA

Lou wept when he read John's heartfelt letter to the DA.

Lou "interrogated" John. "Pressure, pressure, pressure."

When Lou asked John if Patsy could have killed JonBenet, John says, shaking his head from side to side, "That's preposterous. Patsy, uh......loves both her children dearly."

That last bit was interesting. I would have expected a quick, emphatic response about Patsy's love for JonBenet. Instead Ramsey has to think about what to say and finally presents a weak response about Patsy loving both kids.

fr brown,
Maybe it was a Mason's handshake, i.e. hard with the thumb touching the important digit?

Ah the prayer session, on their knees too, just John and Lou Smit real Christian folks seeking guidance and deliverance via the Spirit.

If Lou Smit was not present when JonBenet was killed how does he know what took place?

They have explanations for those things. I don't know of any reason why an intruder couldn't just walk out the door near that grate.

The crazy part is the second floor hemp rope business. Iirc, Lou Smit said the intruder brought it in to facilitate his escape. To rappel from the 2nd floor?

The Ramseys both said the rope might belong to JAR so it doesn't actually need an explanation. And it's a dead ringer for a rope JonBenet used in a photoshoot years earlier. When confronted with photographic evidence, Smit doubled down and said the rope in evidence didn't hold its shape as well as the one in the photoshoot. So the intruder, according to Smit, brought in a rope of the same material, handedness, length and with the ends taped exactly the same way, just a little limper. That should have narrowed down the viable suspects, huh?

One might expect the natural fibers of a rope to degrade a bit over the years. It seems that Smit could not admit a mistake.

Smit is has not a reliable resource in the case or for anything else to follow.

Last edited:
Allow me to correct my syntax, composed on the fly and therefore gibberish.

Smit is not a reliable resource for anything, either in this case or for anything else that has followed.

887sMtreme,
That's it. I guessed that was what you were saying.

Smit with his fanciful cloud of speculation and his superhuman claims about sifting through all the clues along with his spiritual claims were, IMO, way over the top.

Might be his pension pot was increased with a Team Ramsey donation after promoting the Intruder theory, complete with dramatic entrance via the basement window, only for a mere spider and its cobweb to blow up his theory .

"John Andrew says he's spoken to labs and scientists who are familiar with the case and (all) are willing to help.
^^sbm

So John Andrew Ramsey (JAR) is JBR's brother? Is this John's older son that didn't live anywhere near Boulder? -- I'm not sure how known he was to JBR and he's doing a documentary about her... Interesting. :eek:

^^sbm

So John Andrew Ramsey (JAR) is JBR's brother? Is this John's older son that didn't live anywhere near Boulder? -- I'm not sure how known he was to JBR and he's doing a documentary about her... Interesting. :eek:

s-john-andrew-ramsey.htm

JAR was a sophomore at University of Colorado. Fraternity house Chi Psi, 1080 14th Street.

Chapter 10, Presumed Guilty by Stephen Singular

"[Hunter] thought some of John Andrew Ramsey's fraternity brothers at the Chi Psi house at the university of Colorado may have gotten high Christmas night and, during an aborted attempt to kidnap JonBenet and make some easy money, accidently killed her and then concocted the note as a cover-up."

s-john-andrew-ramsey.htm

JAR was a sophomore at University of Colorado. Fraternity house Chi Psi, 1080 14th Street.

Chapter 10, Presumed Guilty by Stephen Singular

"[Hunter] thought some of John Andrew Ramsey's fraternity brothers at the Chi Psi house at the university of Colorado may have gotten high Christmas night and, during an aborted attempt to kidnap JonBenet and make some easy money, accidently killed her and then concocted the note as a cover-up."

Thanks for this clarification via author SS.

It's been too many years and my recollection only was that JAR was attending MSU (Michigan) -- at least according to his mom or his sister-- and nowhere near Boulder.

Even more bizarre, I'm recalling that the Ramsey's were at the side of JR's first wife (and mother of JAR) when she was interviewed by Boulder LE. I think this was either someplace in VA or Atlanta... I believe she was interviewed to verify JAR's alibi (confirm his location on Christmas).

The PR machine obviously didn't miss a step.

MOO

Last edited:
Thanks for this clarification via author SS.

It's been too many years and my recollection only was that JAR was attending MSU (Michigan) -- at least according to his mom or his sister-- and nowhere near Boulder.

Even more bizarre, I'm recalling that the Ramsey's were at the side of JR's first wife (and mother of JAR) when she was interviewed by Boulder LE. I think this was either someplace in VA or Atlanta... I believe she was interviewed to verify JAR's alibi (confirm his location on Christmas).

The PR machine obviously didn't miss a step.

MOO
That has stuck out to me and many others, I am sure. Personally, I believe it was to help keep them under the protection of silence and unwanted questions just like JR and PR. As well, I read on reddit, in an interview with the original detective, whose name I cannot recall at the moment, that there were two palm prints on the WC door. One belonging to one of the Ramsey's ( cannot recall for sure which right now) and one belong to JAR. It really stuck with me that JAR's palm print was on the WC door. It can be discounted due to him staying there from time to time. However, I wonder why he would enter that room and when was the last time he did enter that room. I personally do not feel he was involved that night, but it is interesting nonetheless.

It was a tell all type interview where he answered some questions from some of the posters. If I find it I will post the link. However, forgive me for not remembering all the details at the moment.

JonBenet Ramsey's half brother speaks out on her 1996 murder in new TV special | Daily Mail Online

Jan 14, 2021

JonBenét Ramsey's half brother is speaking out about the pageant queen's murder in a new 20/20 TV special.

Six-year-old JonBenét was found dead inside the basement of her parent's palatial home in Boulder, Colorado back in 1996, and the case captivated the world.

Almost a generation later, the murder remains unsolved, but the new two-hour 20/20 special - airing this Friday night on ABC - sheds new light on the case.

[..]

JonBenét's older half-brother, John Andrew, was 20 years old at the time and was not living at the home.

However, the now 45-year-old - who was one of three children from John Ramsey's first marriage - steadfastly believes that his dad and step-mom had nothing to do with the death.

[..]

John Andrew was a supporter of Lou Smit, a former homicide detective who was brought out of retirement to investigate the murder of the child beauty queen.

[..]

'The evidence he [Smit] collected over the years is a virtual encyclopedia of the case,' ABC News Legal Analyst Jami Lloyd states in the 20/20 preview clip.

Tragically, Smit passed away in 2010, before he could uncover the killer. However, he handed a list of potential suspects to his family who are continuing on with the investigation.

I haven’t been following the case for awhile now. To date what is the majority Websleuths consensus as to who killed JBR?

David Rogers,
Really, does his father not look after him, you know the multi-millionare guy, that sold Access Graphics, sold his daughters image rights and makes loadsa dollars popping up in documentaries about his daughter?

Hard to say if he took care of his oldest son. There were some obvious shenanigans going on with the suitcase, the blanket and the book in the suitcase. Maybe with John getting older he’s passing on the Jonbenet money factory to JAR so he will watch over Burke.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back