IL IL - Matteson, UP71787, unknown race/sex/age, skeletal remains, W 214th Pl, 27 June 2020

YaYa_521

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP71787
Unsure, Uncertain
Date Body Found June 27, 2020
Location Found Matteson, Illinois
Estimated Age Group Cannot Determine
Height Cannot Estimate
Weight Cannot Estimate
Hair Color Brown
Eye Color Unknown

Condition of Remains - Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Circumstances of Recovery
discovery of skeletal remains located in the home located at 3927 W. 214th Place in Matteson, IL

Just noting that there is a registered sex offender who lives about 8 minutes from the home where these remains were located. I removed the name and address as I'm not certain I can post that info here. BBM

Crime: CHILD *advertiser censored*/FILM/TAPE/PHOTO, Victim's age: 16, Offender's age: 36, Conviction County: Cook, IL Address: #### 214th Pl Zip Code: 60443 Sex: Male Date of birth: 1963-07-28 Height: 5'10" Weight: 196 lbs. Race: Black

Read more: Registered sex offenders in Matteson, Illinois - crimes listed, registry-based, living in this city

They have most or all or the skeleton... men’s underwear and the clothes are masculine in nature... they don’t indicate at all that it is likely male? Asking, as not familiar with practices.

They have most or all or the skeleton... men’s underwear and the clothes are masculine in nature... they don’t indicate at all that it is likely male? Asking, as not familiar with practices.

Likely but it needs to be formally determined. When it is, we can update the thread.
But it would be okay to suggest missing men you believe could be a match, for discussion.

Hi, I'm local to the area and I can't find the listed address anywhere. Google maps puts it in a residential area between two houses. This area is only a few miles from the Indiana border, so it would be worth looking into missing persons notices from there as well as Illinois.

The amount of fly pupae on the clpthing makes me gag... anyhow, I alsp think it was likely a male.
If he wore 2 pairs of fleece pants, it may indicate he was homeless/transient. Though some of his clothing items are quite pricey, so I cannot put my finger on it.
I hope he gets his name back very soon. The case is quite fresh and someone out there must be missing him dearly!

Hi, I'm local to the area and I can't find the listed address anywhere. Google maps puts it in a residential area between two houses. This area is only a few miles from the Indiana border, so it would be worth looking into missing persons notices from there as well as Illinois.

the namus says it was located inside of the house. I saw a house on google maps so i am guessing it was vacant at the time?

The printed label on the pants displays the "nikebetterworld.com" address. According to Whois, this website was first registered in 2007 - however it was not live until January 2011, and started being redirected to a Nike official website in September 2012 according to the web.archive.org website, so there was probably only just under a 2yr period during which these pants would have likely been produced. They could have been purchased later of course, and it is not unheard of for people to hang onto clothes for years. But I think we can safely narrow the window of death to sometime after January 2011, at least. Editing to add that these pants were also size S (small), so if we are looking for a male we would be likely looking for someone of leaner build, or possibly a teen.

Last edited:
The printed label on the pants displays the "nikebetterworld.com" address. According to Whois, this website was first registered in 2007 - however it was not live until January 2011, and started being redirected to a Nike official website in September 2012 according to the web.archive.org website, so there was probably only just under a 2yr period during which these pants would have likely been produced. They could have been purchased later of course, and it is not unheard of for people to hang onto clothes for years. But I think we can safely narrow the window of death to sometime after January 2011, at least.

And there is also hand me downs, thrift shops and charity shops/free clothing for the needy.
We have plenty of fly pupae and bugs on the clothing. I cant see if they are active or just the empty shells. If they are active, there is still substantial decomposition going on. The remains were nearly skeletal, but if there was some flesh still decomposing, we are looking at a closer time frame, depending on temperature and humidity. Maybe pmi of about 1-1.5 years.
If the pupae were hatched and empty, it can be anything.

Willie Lee Dennis went missing in April 2015 at the age of 16 from Harvey, IL, about a half hour drive from this location. Per Namus, he had been asking his girlfriend to meet him to go live in an "vacant house". He's estimated to have been 6'-6'2" and between 130-150lbs at the time. Clothing description is different from what this UP was found with but if he was planning to try to live in a vacant house he could have brought alternative clothes with him.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Bumping case up. I think the following is NEW information:
Sex: Male
Race / Ethnicity: Black / African American, Hispanic / Latino, Uncertain
Estimated Age Range (Years): 18-30
Height: 5' 4"-5' 8"(64-68 inches) , Estimated

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads