CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Authorities are searching for a 39-year-old Chula Vista mother of three who has been missing since last week.

Maya “May” Millete was last seen Thursday evening in her Chula Vista home near the San Miguel Ranch area, according to her family members.

More at Authorities, family search for missing Chula Vista woman

Family and friends said her car is still at her home and her phone has been going to voicemail since her disappearance.
It's strange that on her missing page on FB - created by friends and family - it says that she doesn't have a vehicle.
Missing last contact Thursday 1/7/21... - Find May/Maya Millete | Facebook

I'm wondering how she disappeared from her home - was she just gone in the morning or on route to somewhere? I couldn't find information on that.

Detectives say the couple had marital problems but at this point they have no leads or any indication of foul play. Drouaillet says the couple got into an argument the day before her disappearance.

"He says it's not the first time she has gone away, but my wife knows her sister really well, and she knows that this is not normal," Drouaillet said.

Family searching for missing Chula Vista mother

Maya looks like a very involved, caring parent. She missed her daughter's birthday on Sunday! Something is not right.

Family searching for missing Chula Vista mother (10news.com)

"Drouaillet said Millete would never leave her three young children — ages 4, 9, and 11 — and she would never miss her eldest daughter's birthday which was on Sunday."

"She just turned 11 and for her miss that, it's not possible. We just pray to God that she comes home safe and contacts one of us," Drouaillet said.

Husband fears for missing Chula Vista wife

Video at link. The husband said that Maya would leave for the night after they've had an argument but this is different because she missed their daughter's birthday and it's been 5 days already. Maya also did not show up for work on Monday.

Husband fears for missing Chula Vista wife, mom of three (10news.com)

I'm somewhat relieved to see that her husband gave a news interview and he is reaching out. It does concern me that they've been arguing. I must admit I've heard that before in other cases where the husband implies his wife sometimes didn't come home after a fight... that always makes me nervous. She didn't show up at her job either. Her other family members think it's highly unusual and said she'd never just leave her children for a day or miss her daughter's birthday. No, she didn't willingly just take off, IMO. At this point, I hope LE is investigating other angles, maybe someone she knew or there was someone stalking her.

Find May/Maya Millete - Posts | Facebook

Maya Millete | Facebook

Chula Vista Missing Mom: Search Planned For Wednesday (fox5sandiego.com) (and another on Friday)

Another search is planned for this coming Friday, January 15th in Chula Vista. The details of the Friday search will be on the Fox5 site.
upload_2021-1-12_19-40-59.png
A missing person flier circulated for Millete described her as 5-foot-2 and about 105 pounds with brown hair, brown eyes, freckles and a wrist tattoo.

Anyone who has seen Millete or who has information on her whereabouts is urged to contact the Chula Vista Police Department at 619-691-5151.

animated-dividing-line-image-0236.gif

This is another local news site, but they have a good close up pic of Maya. It's all over the local news tonight that Maya "May" Millete is missing. Prayers she's found safe.
Search Party Scheduled in Hopes of Locating Missing Chula Vista Woman – NBC 7 San Diego (nbcsandiego.com)

As always CBS News8's Investigative Producer supplies further info, an excellent video, and interviews with Maya's family.

Maya Millete: Search continues for missing Chula Vista mother | cbs8.com
Author: David Gotfredson (Investigative Producer)
Published: 7:23 PM PST January 12, 2021
Updated: 7:23 PM PST January 12, 2021

"The sister confirmed reports that Millete had gotten into an argument with her husband before she went missing."

"However, Chula Vista police said they have no evidence of a crime and the husband is fully cooperating. Investigators currently are treating the woman’s disappearance as a missing persons case."

"Family members said the possibility of suicide is simply unthinkable."

“My sister is a very strong woman. She wouldn't do anything to harm herself, especially thinking about the kids. The kids, they're very small. She's not likely to leave her kids that way,” said Drouaillet.

[...]

"An effort was underway to find surveillance video from neighboring homes, but so far, no video evidence has been located, according to the sister."

Find May/Maya Millete | Facebook

Maya was so active. I'm amazed at all she managed to fit in to her full life. You can tell she loved her family and her family loved her. Vibrant, with such a zest for life. Please, I pray they find her safe.

Husband fears for missing Chula Vista wife, mom of three (10news.com)

"Maya works as a defense contractor at Naval Base San Diego and didn't show up for work on Monday."

"I called her boss, she didn't even log in. And that's the other alarming part, because work for her is like a party ... that's her outlet," Millete says.

Listen to the husband's whole interview here:
Phone call with husband of missing Chula Vista mom, Maya Millete - ABC 10NEWS San Diego - Omny.fm

"He said his wife has left before for the night to blow off steam, but he became worried when she didn't show up for their daughter's birthday on Sunday."

Last seen last Thursday, but husband didn't start to worry until Sunday after she had been gone for 3 nights?? And he claims she has left for the night on other occasions, but even if that's true, there's a big difference between being gone one night and three nights (including the night before their daughter's 11th birthday). Moreover, another family member stated that May leaving to blow off steam/whatever was NOT normal for her. I wonder who filed the missing person report and when?

"I text her, I don't know if she's getting it, I say, 'hey babe, at least let us know ... or call someone,'" Millete said. (BBM) That seems like an odd thing to say. It should be obvious he doesn't know if she's getting the text -- why state that explicitly? Also, if my spouse had left after an argument and was gone for several days leading up to our daughter's birthday, my texts would sound a lot more frantic and upset then just "hey babe, at least let us know..." I know everyone's different, but that seems unusual.

"If she didn't have her car, a friend would have to pick her up. That's the only reason I was like, 'maybe she's wine tasting or hiking with a friend," says Millete. -- If she had called a friend to pick her up, wouldn't that friend have notified the search party by now and provided any info they may have about her whereabouts? It's weird that she was gone for 3 days and nights and the husband just figured she was out wine tasting with a friend for all that time.

So there was no video footage from any neighbors? From the photos I've seen of the neighborhood, those are pretty newish houses so I'd think at least someone in the area had some sort of surveillance system in place.

Frankly, this stinks. I do not believe this woman is alive.

Also wanted to add that in all the quotes from the husband, it seems like he's trying to justify his actions/inactions and also explaining how hard this is for him: He figured a friend picked her up, he guessed she was hiking/wine tasting, she has left before so he wasn't worried until daughter's birthday and missing work Monday, he hasn't slept and doesn't even know what day it is, he doesn't like to think about what could have happened to her because it's "mind-numbing" (huh?), etc. Also made sure to say that HE called her boss on Monday rather than just saying "Her boss confirmed she did not log in to work." The point should be that she didn't log in to work, not that HE called her boss. Just a lot of justifications and qualifications revolving around him.

This is my own take, and MOO, as I gather some details about how and when Maya went missing. Sorry, it's a long post, and a way for me to attempt to gather my thoughts.

It is, in fact, hard to pinpoint when Maya went missing or where she went. She could be hurt on a hiking trail, she could've been followed, maybe stalked and abducted. She could be alive and being held captive. It's possible she left the house after the fight with her husband and met with foul play. However, I doubt she's just staying gone voluntarily off "wine tasting".

Husband describes Maya as needing her space. No doubt, this is a very independent woman, very active. She seems like an involved mother, with lots of interests of her own too. She has a good job she seems to enjoy. The couple has had some martial problems this past year. They had some kind of argument Thursday night, but he doesn't think that's when she went missing. He says he heard her downstairs, maybe fixing something to eat on Friday night, but he hinted that they are kind of like roommates now days. Also, I think I caught a remark that they checked her bedroom that she often locked, so not sure if they were even sharing a bedroom anymore. It gets confusing-- did she go missing Thursday night, Friday, or early Saturday morning?

Saturday is when her family all seemed to become alarmed she was missing, and then Sunday she missed her daughter's birthday. I think the family thinks she may have gone for a hike in the area close to her home. They may not agree with the husband on the timing of her leaving the home. If she used a Fitbit, I don't know if that can be tracked. She has her phone, as husband has tried to reach her.

Relieved to see there's others here trying to figure this out. Yes, I'm worried too. Those three young children need their mother.

Please listen here:
Phone call with husband of missing Chula Vista mom, Maya Millete - ABC 10NEWS San Diego - Omny.fm

"I text her, I don't know if she's getting it, I say, 'hey babe, at least let us know ... or call someone,'" Millete said.

"Her Jeep, which she would take to meetups with other Jeep owners, is still at home."

"If she didn't have her car, a friend would have to pick her up. That's the only reason I was like, 'maybe she's wine tasting or hiking with a friend,'" says Millete.

"Maya works as a defense contractor at Naval Base San Diego and didn't show up for work on Monday."

Also wanted to add that in all the quotes from the husband,...
Yes, I know what you're saying. He seems to supply info to paint a picture of her being somewhat unreliable or gone often. She's been drinking more too, he said. The actual facts of when he thinks she went missing are vague. Is he the only one that insists she was there Friday? They had that fight on Thursday.

On the news I've heard them say Maya was last seen on Thursday. Husband says she was at the home Friday. Her daughters should be able to verify whether she was really with them on Friday. Who said they last saw her Thursday near her home? :mad: Is someone purposely trying to confuse me? I just want a timeline and some hint of where she went. Apparently, they had this fight on Thursday, but husband is sure she was there Friday night rustling something to eat maybe in the kitchen downstairs.

Help, I'm not sure I'm getting this part of the story straight. At around the 01:34 mark in his phone interview, he's asked about Friday. He says he left Maya there with the girls to homeschool them, and he took his son someplace on Friday. I'm not sure he actually laid eyes on her before he left though. The daughters must have seen her according to him. He came back, he's upstairs with the children after feeding and bathing them. He says he heard Maya rustling around downstairs. I'm not sure if he went to work or she went to work that Friday. She wasn't at work Monday, but was she off on Friday? Also, it seems by Saturday her family already was aware that she was missing, but he just became aware of it. Saturday, when her family came over looking for her, he had to go find the keys to her bedroom, and she was already gone when he got it open. Odd, they weren't interacting much at all. Why'd she lock her bedroom door?

Another video here:
Maya Millete: Search continues for missing Chula Vista mother | cbs8.com

Watch this video if you can. At the 0:50 mark her brother-in- law and her sister confirm there were Red Flags, but they can't talk about it because "it's under investigation".

Also, in this news video at the 01:25 mark, they say Maya was last seen
on Thursday near that park.
I'm so confused-- is it Thursday or Friday???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects