MS MS - Jessica Stacks, 28, missing from boat on Tallahatchie River, 1 Jan 2021

As far as I can tell the hunting idea became hearsay when the sheriff commented that people sometimes do that. I hope that it just got lost in the translation, but I hope one of the first questions asked of the two people involved with the boat was "why were you going down the river?". Then if stories start to change or you get conflicting stories or evidence.

I saw this story on my fb early on and I am shocked to see that she has still not been found. This will not end well. Poor girl.

Just a sidenote for clarification: I saw back on an earlier post someone mentioning Enterprise, MS but this is happening in north MS whereas Enterprise is in east central MS in Clarke county.

Who actually saw Jessica alive last, other than her boyfriend? When it was? When did she contact her family for the last time?

Also, I have a hard time imagining anyone would want to get into that cold water, even as a result of an argument.

Who actually saw Jessica alive last, other than her boyfriend? When it was? When did she contact her family for the last time?

Also, I have a hard time imagining anyone would want to get into that cold water, even as a result of an argument.

yeah, I'm interested in when the last time Jessica was seen alive by someone besides the person who concocted this story.

BBM- that is the million dollar question, IMO at least for me.
If the man did not even see her, well, that's a whole other scenario/case
If he did see her, I still don't understand why the BF or Jessica wouldn't just put the man's phone number in their phone to call him when done... why leave hers when there is no need to ??
I am just sitting on my hands waiting for news from LE about this man and exactly how the phone transaction happened and if he even saw Jessica.
In earlier post I also pondered if the man had a phone and why didn't they just call him to come and pick them up. I also think it is very strange that the BF did not call him to come pick him up but instead called his son. Her purse was left in the boat. Very strange indeed.

As far as I can tell the hunting idea became hearsay when the sheriff commented that people sometimes do that. I hope that it just got lost in the translation, but I hope one of the first questions asked of the two people involved with the boat was "why were you going down the river?". Then if stories start to change or you get conflicting stories or evidence.

Not that it makes any difference (IMO), since I don't believe this was ever a hunting trip, but there is this:

Missing woman update: Search with thermal imaging drones continues

"Edwards said the two were apparently hunting. 'You know, sometimes when the river is high people will get in boats and float down the river to catch deer or hogs and shoot them,' he said. 'That’s what they were doing.'”

Seems like the Sheriff himself is having a hard time swallowing the story.

I saw this story on my fb early on and I am shocked to see that she has still not been found. This will not end well. Poor girl.

Just a sidenote for clarification: I saw back on an earlier post someone mentioning Enterprise, MS but this is happening in north MS whereas Enterprise is in east central MS in Clarke county.

That would have been me, I believe. Here's where I got it:

"Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said the couple, described as being in a relationship, had gotten into a small boat without a motor, putting it into the Tallahatchie River at the bridge on County Road 46 south of Enterprise about daylight Friday morning."

That would have been me, I believe. Here's where I got it:

"Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said the couple, described as being in a relationship, had gotten into a small boat without a motor, putting it into the Tallahatchie River at the bridge on County Road 46 south of Enterprise about daylight Friday morning."

Hmm. All I can think is that this Enterprise is the name of the rural community? I never knew of another Enterprise, MS and Enterprise, AL is southeastern side of Alabama. Oh well, I guess it isn't really material here other than to note that this is taking place up in Union county which is in the northern part of the state and nearly 200 miles away from the Enterprise most people know of.

Enterprise is a community in north mississippi as well located in Union county.

Search continues for Mississippi woman last seen boating on Tallahatchie River on New Year’s Day
[BBM]
"According to Sheriff Jimmy Edwards with the Union County Sheriff’s Office, Jessica’s boyfriend, Jerry Wayne Baggett, told law enforcement officials that he and Jessica had launched a boat into the river near the County Road 46 bridge in the early morning hours of New Year’s Day. They were on the water for a couple of hours when Jessica reportedly got out of the boat and made her way toward the north river bank in the direction of State Highway 30, Baggett told the sheriff’s office."

Jessica Stacks missing ten days; Sheriff says “not ready to quit looking for her”
[BBM]
"It was Friday, Jan.1, early New Year’s Day morning, when Stacks is said to have been in a boat on the Tallahatchie River with Jerry Wayne Baggett. However, the Union County Sheriff’s Department was not informed until 10:15 p.m. Friday night that Stacks was missing."

"Baggett told law enforcement officers he and Stacks put a boat without a motor into the river near the County Road 46 bridge early Friday. Baggett said they had floated only a short distance down the river when Stacks said she wanted to get out of the boat and walk out of the river bottom toward State Highway 30."

So, the story changes. Now, the newly-revised account tells us, it seems that they had floated only a short distance -- not for a couple of hours, as Baggett had originally reported. Well, this gives him even more time to float leisurely down the river without her, before eventually reporting her as missing at 10:15 p.m. on Jan. 1, 2021.

Which is it? He should know. He had a phone with him in the boat.

There was a man who helped them get the boat into the water and Jessica left her phone with that man so that they could call it to be picked up, yeah?

but then boyfriend and her become separated because she just walks away and boyfriend calls his brother for a pick up.

have I got this straight? sorry it’s a bit confusing

This is the first mention of a gun that I have seen. So many unanswered questions. How does he know that it is the gun he started the trip with? Could that be why he didn't call plan A for the pick up?
Jessica Stacks missing ten days; Sheriff says “not ready to quit looking for her”

Good catch, Turnuptime!
From your linked article:
[BBM]
"Baggett is said to have had a hunting gun when he and Stacks launched into the River on Jan. 1st. That gun is in the custody of the Union County Sheriff."

Men, in general, seem to misunderstand that, as potential victims from an early age, we women generally look out for ourselves the ways that we can, like holding on to our keys, purses and phones. These things can and do make a difference to our survival. It might not make sense to men, especially a man using the lack of these things as an excuse for a woman not being found, but to women this is an automatic signal that something is WRONG with his story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back