Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he made a show of driving the van around looking for the boys, why didn’t at least one of them run around outside. Taking the van out tells me he was aware someone may have recording capability so he’d have to be seen looking for the boys. Did he ask the wife to check around the house while he was gone? Did she ignore that request?

Or, maybe that didn’t occur to them. So, after calling 911, he got in the van and left, hoping that LE would get to the house before he got back. Then he could return to the house and breathlessly tell LE he’s been out looking.

I guess my point is that they did a lousy job of “searching”, even if it was just for appearances.

So, AD gets in his car and drives around for a few minutes the night the little ones go “missing.” No video of him running through the neighbouring empty lots yelling their names. No wife outside running around yelling and looking for the kids. Something really stinks and it ain’t the cheese, just sayin’.

Then when they scroll back to the 19th on the video you see what appears to be AD at the door of the van hustling in only four children plus wife into the van for a trip to Bakersfield.

So, where does that leave us? Either Orrin and Orson were at grandma’s already and then AP’s dropped off the other four and picked up O & O and brought them home, because we KNOW only four were on “vacation” with grandma when O & O went “missing”, but oh oh, no children came home?? That leaves me to believe the two little guys were gone before the 19th hands down. What we don’t know is just how long before the 19th they were already missing.

It appears someone is lying. JMHO, MOO and all that!
Not saying it’s likely, but two kids could’ve already been at grandmas. Two others plus O&O could be the four we see being loaded into the van. Drop off two more and return with O&O. But then why does it seem that they return without any kids.

Not saying it’s likely, but two kids could’ve already been at grandmas. Two others plus O&O could be the four we see being loaded into the van. Drop off two more and return with O&O. But then why does it seem that they return without any kids.
And why did LE say there’s no sign of the boys ever having lived there?

The siblings are older than 4-years-old. They would know and be able to express if O & O have been living in that house. They would know and be able to express a lot.

ETA: So LE must know a lot and if this isn't a case of the boys running out of the yard... hopefully the full truth comes out soon.

Last edited:
LE didn't say that. They said not necessarily, which just means it's not been proven that they did live there.
Iirc, Chief Walker was asked by a reporter at the first PC, (paraphrased):

Reporter- “were there signs/evidence that children lived in the home”?
Chief Walker- “yes”.
Reporter- “were there signs/evidence that Orrin & Orson lived in the home”?
Chief Walker- “not necessarily”.

IMHO

Last edited:
iirc, Chief Walker was asked by a reporter at the first PC, (paraphrased):

Reporter- “were there signs/evidence that there were children living in the home”?
Chief Walker- “yes”.
Reporter- “were there signs/evidence Orrin & Orson lived in the home”?
Chief Walker- “not necessarily”.

IMHO
I found that so interesting, what exactly did he mean by that?

Bayan Wang 23ABC

Bayan Wang 23 ABC

JUST IN: A San Diego private investigator working the missing California City boys case pro bono, confirmed with 23ABC News Thursday, that he is removing himself from the case. "I feel like I haven't been accepted as a professional in this particular case," Bill Garcia said. Garcia's remarks come after 23ABC's story aired Wednesday, in which California City Police Chief Jon Walker thanked Garcia for his efforts, but also asked that Garcia tread carefully to not impede the investigation.

Looks like the PI has stepped down from this case.

I found that so interesting, what exactly did he mean by that?
I understood it to mean that children’s items were found in the home, but Chief couldn’t say whether any of them belonged to O&O, because the items were collected, and/or still in the process of being collected, to be sent to the lab for DNA testing.

I’m not sure the ages of all the children, but if there were toys etc., found in the home, how would LE know which child/children they belonged to. Maybe there weren’t enough beds in the home to account for all the children etc., and I would assume they asked TW&JW for items belonging to O&O, toothbrushes, hairbrushes etc. If they couldn’t produce these items that would’ve been a huge red flag. Even if they handed over toothbrushes etc., that doesn’t necessarily mean they belonged to
O&O, they’d need to be tested for the boys DNA.

IMHO

Last edited:
Bayan Wang 23ABC

Bayan Wang 23 ABC

JUST IN: A San Diego private investigator working the missing California City boys case pro bono, confirmed with 23ABC News Thursday, that he is removing himself from the case. "I feel like I haven't been accepted as a professional in this particular case," Bill Garcia said. Garcia's remarks come after 23ABC's story aired Wednesday, in which California City Police Chief Jon Walker thanked Garcia for his efforts, but also asked that Garcia tread carefully to not impede the investigation.

Curious use of language - removing himself, stepped down? Garcia wasn't hired/engaged by someone to work this case was he?

Bayan Wang 23ABC

Bayan Wang 23 ABC

That's probably a good move. It doesn't sound like he had been communicating with LE about any information he had discovered. The police chief said he wasn't even aware of the potential sighting or the search the PI talked about on the news.

The PI should have called them with the tip as soon as the woman contacted him. He still could have investigated without revealing the details to the media.

Bayan Wang 23ABC

Bayan Wang 23 ABC

This P.I. inserted himself into the investigation, and also begins to post that the boys may have been seen with unknown adults, and yet does not notify any LE department, and then says "I feel like I haven't been accepted as a professional in this particular case," he did not offer any services to be accepted. He took it upon himself that his help would simply be accepted, and his information(that he did not report to LE) be beyond reproach.

This P.I. inserted himself into the investigation, and also begins to post that the boys may have been seen with unknown adults, and yet does not notify any LE department, and then says "I feel like I haven't been accepted as a professional in this particular case," he did not offer any services to be accepted. He took it upon himself that his help would simply be accepted, and his information(that he did not report to LE) be beyond reproach.
Welcome Whispers! Glad you are here!

So this guy is a "known". Google him and draw your own opinion.

Detectives can be extremely helpful, and many of them are retired LE with amazing backgrounds. It's so critically important that they feed info in to the Investigator in charge (in this case the Chief), and *let LE handle the stream of communications to the public*. Anything else causes chaos and hurts the case.
Let's hope that will happen proceeding forward here. I'm sure everyone has the right intent.

I remain extremely impressed with the Chief of Cal City, and am 100% confident he, along with the other LE agencies supporting his effort, will bring this matter to closure very soon. Very soon.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member