Still Missing CT - Vanessa Morales, 1, missing after mother found deceased, Ansonia, 28 Nov 2019 *arrest* #2

I am so sorry that your family is going through this! My prayers are with your family. The last I heard, his law firm was the Norm Pattis & Kevin Smith firm. Are they still representing him that you know of? That was very unprofessional of them, they had plenty of time to look over evidence!

Yes they are still representing him and yes it is very unprofessional of them. They have had months to prepare and still they are blaming COVID

Yes they are still representing him and yes it is very unprofessional of them. They have had months to prepare and still they are blaming COVID
Thank you for your reply! They make my blood boil & I get angry every time I see their faces or hear their voices. I am so sorry that you are going through this, my prayers & thoughts are with you & your family. I hope you get answers to the whereabouts of your niece soon.

Maybe I don't understand too many legal procedures....But I see judge accepted these lawyers excuses?

I really don't know about the judge, but from what my husband told me that the States attorney wasn't too happy with JM's legal team that day. I wasn't present for the court date due to the fact I just started a new job that week. Hopefully on January 20th court date I will be able to attend.

I really don't know about the judge, but from what my husband told me that the States attorney wasn't too happy with JM's legal team that day. I wasn't present for the court date due to the fact I just started a new job that week. Hopefully on January 20th court dateI will be able to attend.[/B]

But I have January 21st? Wrong? Also a 1/6/20 hearing.

@MarissaAlter
ONE YEAR MISSING: Today marks one year since Ansonia police discovered Christine Holloway murdered in her home and her then-1-year-old daughter Vanessa Morales gone. In honor of the somber date, their pictures and flowers have been placed at the pole next to their home.
Jose Morales, Holloway’s boyfriend and Vanessa’s father, has been charged with Holloway’s murder. Police say he was the last person to see Vanessa. In his arrest warrant, Morales admitted to being on PCP the day of the alleged crime and said he didn’t remember much.
Morales has not been charged w/ Vanessa’s disappearance. An Amber Alert was issued & billboards w/ Vanessa’s picture went up around the state. Though the number of tips has slowed, police say they are still actively looking for Vanessa. She turned 2 about a month ago

Attachments

• 79C632C5-4FA2-45EB-92E9-F0EF73491E00.jpeg
    79C632C5-4FA2-45EB-92E9-F0EF73491E00.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 8981AA4F-6D93-49C5-BCEF-A1D5783AE23C.jpeg
    8981AA4F-6D93-49C5-BCEF-A1D5783AE23C.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 2434C68C-185C-4752-B0B1-A4926118C35D.jpeg
    2434C68C-185C-4752-B0B1-A4926118C35D.jpeg
    226.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
As police continue to investigate, they're still looking for child care items taken from Vanessa Morales' home during the crime - a Greyco carseat, Eddie Bauer diaper bag, a polka dot blanket and a teething ring.

"There's one thought process that if we can find those, they'll give us an idea of what happened," says Lynch.
There is still a $10,000 reward from the FBI for information leading to Vanessa's safe return.
Tips can be reported anonymously to Ansonia Police at 203-725-1885.
'Finding out what happened to Vanessa' - Police continue to investigate disappearance of Ansonia toddler 1 year later

What a little beauty none of will soon forget. ❤️
upload_2020-12-3_13-48-6.jpeg
VANESSA MORALES | Federal Bureau of Investigation
I hope they update this poster to include the reward:
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/vanessa-morales/download.pdf

"It’s all very surreal still. Every day we just hope Vanessa comes home," said Holloway's aunt Anna Rodonski.

Morales was last seen on December 2, 2019. Ansonia police had arrived at the home on Myrtle Avenue to do a welfare check when they found her missing and Holloway murdered.

"We would FaceTime every night during dinner or bath time. That was her day. They spent every minute of every day together," said Rodonski.

It was Holloway's dream to have a child of her own. The Southern Connecticut State University graduate and daycare associate loved children and her own bundle of joy with all her heart. Her family is heartbroken by the years’ worth of memories lost.

"That’s the perfect age for a child to grow and develop and talk and walk," said Rodonski. "She just started talking and walking so it’s a whole year missed."

Morales' family is still at a loss for where she could be. Morales has brown hair and brown eyes. Her family suspects that during this pandemic her face might be covered by a mask in public, but they say one trait will give her away.

"Her eyes are super sweet and super precious," said Rodonski. "Whoever has her that she’s safe and she has one that she’s eating some good food and then she is laughing. I just hope that they have the honesty and the awakening to just return her home to us because we miss her."
Family of missing CT 1-year-old hopeful for her safe return | fox61.com

eta:
"Before she went missing she was just starting to walk. So at least we got to see her first steps but we don't get to see her running around. Whoever has her gets to see that we don't," said Jodi Jacobellis, Holloway's sister-in-law and Vanessa's aunt.

"To the person who may have her bring her home. We don't care how she got there we don't, we just want her home."

Police said though leads have slowed down this is still an active investigation.

“We continue to receive tips. Unfortunately, none of the tips have lead us to find out what happened to Vanessa. We are one year out and we’re in the same place we were one year ago,” said Lt. Patrick Lynch of the Ansonia police department.
‘Bring Her Home': Police, Family Still Search for Leads in Ansonia Baby's Disappearance

Last edited:
Wednesday, January 6, 2021:
*Pretrial Hearing (both cases) (@ am ET) – CT - Christine Marie Holloway (43) (last seen Nov. 27, 2019, found Dec. 2, 2019, Ansonia) & Vanessa Morales (17 mos.) (last seen Nov. 29, 2019, reported missing Dec. 3, 2019, Amber Alert on Dec. 4, 2019-not found) - *Jose L. Morales (43/now 44) (BF) arrested (12/3/19), charged & arraigned (2/7/20) with murder & tampering with physical evidence. Plead not guilty. Bond $5M.
First arrested (12/3/19), charged (1/22/20) & arraigned (3/5/20) with 2 counts of criminal possession of a pistol (2 stun guns). Plead not guilty. Bond $25K.
Court info from 12/4/19 thru 7/16/20 reference post #458 here:
CT - CT - Vanessa Morales, 1, missing after mother found deceased, Ansonia, 28 Nov 2019 *arrest* #2
8/21/20 Update: Pretrial hearing has been rescheduled to 10/7/20. 10/7/20 Update: Next hearing on 11/18/20. 11/18/20 Update: JM's lawyer was unprepared on the case and nor has he even picked up the evidence that has been ready to be picked up since July. JM's lawyer tried to say they were unaware that the evidence was ready but SA provided numerous e-mail sent to JM's lawyer. Court is scheduled for 1/6/21 so JM's lawyers can be prepared. After that court date the next one is on 1/21/21 will be the pretrial hearing.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back