Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
rambunctious

synonyms: boisterous · unrestrained · irrepressible · exuberant · uproarious · rollicking · roisterous · rackety · noisy · loud · clamorous · unruly · disorderly · rowdy · badly behaved · riotous · undisciplined · ill-disciplined · unmanageable · uncontrollable · ungovernable · uncontrolled · obstreperous · disruptive · wild · rough · rumbustious · rampageous · robustious

It really is a very concerning word choice.
The above descriptions are not loving or kind. A man DESPERATE and HOSTILE imo.

It was so randomly eloquent in amongst his average to poor chopped up vocab.
I have never seen a single word used that is so alarming before.:(

Maybe mischiefess little monkeys, little dare devils etc. There are terms of endearment for neg things that still show love and support behind them.
That's what subliminally is off.

moo

I agree. Sometimes when children aren't receiving enough adult attention -- they will do ANYTHING to get that attention and this can spiral upwards.

jmpreschool teacher experience

Ok...so the last pics that we have are from Thanksgiving 2019? Is that correct? Are those the ones they used for the Missing flyers?

Bio mom hasn't seen them since then. Just how long have these boys actually been "missing?" (That's mostly rhetorical...but God I'd love an answer.) MOO

Sorry. Some mornings I'm playing catch up with you West Coasters!

Just throwing this out there- I’m sure someone else has. Is it possible the boys did in fact leave, but no one really knows how or when? That the adoptive parents were doing “something” for hours and not attending to their children? When they realized it had been far too long to even know what happened?
Hence the zero evidence of foul play yet the energy of guilt and made up stories surrounding them. Moo

something nefarious happened but I just can’t put my finger on it... murdering them both is.. just a lot for me to fathom. Moo

Rambunctious -- if ever a word sticks in my craw....

Rambunctious is how you explain away injuries IMO.

Rambunctious is how you justify your actions. It was because of that, we had to do this...

Rambunctious implies an out-of-controlness that begets discipline. Not, they were active little boys, always looking for adventure, in forts and sand piles, but little boys whose behavior needed strong measures.

IMO it's a tell. A subtle way to put the onus on the children.

Where are the boys?

We don't know.

Why are they missing?

Because they were rambunctious. Because they were going to be rambunctious.

I don't know who, I don't know when, but IMO somebody found a way to CANCEL rambunctious.

If they just hadn't been so rambunctious....

Isn't that the story every over-discipliner uses? Wasn't my fault. I had to.

Neglect. Containment. Injury. Death.

Sadly we've seen it all.

I've never wanted to be wrong so much, ever, in my whole life.

JMO

I honestly had no idea what the meaning of "Rambunctious" was until this case.
Boys in particular are often described as rambunctious. Some parents use the word to describe hyperactivity. When a group of kids are running around wild and misbehaving, they might be called rambunctious. It can be a polite way of saying, 'these kids are totally out of control!' Imo

something nefarious happened but I just can’t put my finger on it... murdering them both is.. just a lot for me to fathom. Moo
RSABBM
Although I don’t think the boys just walked away while unsupervised and were then “taken” by someone, the bolded part of your post is what I can’t get my head around. Killing two? That’s what makes me consider the remote possibility that they were sold which is admittedly the least likely. If anyone here can talk me out of it, please do! What, of what we know so far, would preclude this possibility?

Sure this has already been suggested.
I bet the boys were due for some type of protocol compulsory check ups for the APs to keep receiving adoptive payments.
Something triggered them to have to raise the alarm and give the game up.

moo

I know in Washington state, once our adoption through the state was finalized, we no longer had state employees coming to our house. Adoption was done and so were they.

Rambunctious -- if ever a word sticks in my craw....

Rambunctious is how you explain away injuries IMO.

Rambunctious is how you justify your actions. It was because of that, we had to do this...

Rambunctious implies an out-of-controlness that begets discipline. Not, they were active little boys, always looking for adventure, in forts and sand piles, but little boys whose behavior needed strong measures.

IMO it's a tell. A subtle way to put the onus on the children.

Where are the boys?

We don't know.

Why are they missing?

Because they were rambunctious. Because they were going to be rambunctious.

I don't know who, I don't know when, but IMO somebody found a way to CANCEL rambunctious.

If they just hadn't been so rambunctious....

Isn't that the story every over-discipliner uses? Wasn't my fault. I had to.

Neglect. Containment. Injury. Death.

Sadly we've seen it all.

I've never wanted to be wrong so much, ever, in my whole life.

JMO
Absolutely agree. Rambunctious is the key to what happened. What was the “solution” to rambunctious? Regardless of what the solution turns out to be, I believe it will be horrific. JMHO

Exactly.

Which is why the word sticks.

We all EXPECT 3 and 4 year olds to be rambunctious! They're active, busy children at that age!

It was offered IMO, not as a description, but as AN EXPLANATION.

THAT'S why we can't get past it.

JMO

Exactly.

Which is why the word sticks.

We all EXPECT 3 and 4 year olds to be rambunctious! They're active, busy children at that age!

It was offered IMO, not as a description, but as AN EXPLANATION.

THAT'S why we can't get past it.

JMO

Yes

And this is why the interviewer missed a trick by not asking him to explain. What do you meen when you say "Rambunctious". I would have loved to hear his response. It may have given us a window into the family setting and his attitude.

Yes

And this is why the interviewer missed a trick by not asking him to explain. What do you meen when you say "Rambunctious". I would have loved to hear his response. It may have given us a window into the family setting and his attitude.

And this is what makes the sheriff's remarks so telling.

We haven't left the house.

We removed the other children. We do that in cases where there's neglect....

The reporter asked, is there evidence of past abuse?

No, their children are missing.

What makes this case different than stranger abduction?

It's this:

CPS doesn't take your other kids.

Again, the sheriff, in cases of neglect... their children are missing.

That was a billboard, Folks.

Their children are missing and NOTHING points to anything but a failure by the household to answer for where they are.

This is a stunning indication of where the investigation sits.

JMO

Last edited:
Just throwing this out there- I’m sure someone else has. Is it possible the boys did in fact leave, but no one really knows how or when? That the adoptive parents were doing “something” for hours and not attending to their children? When they realized it had been far too long to even know what happened?
Hence the zero evidence of foul play yet the energy of guilt and made up stories surrounding them. Moo

I would be open to them just walking out, if there was footage of them leaving or if the dogs picked up their scent.

I have a hard time believing those kids just walked off and the neighbors cameras didn’t pick it up.

Yes

That portion of the interview was curious - the use of the word, as well as his statement they are going to be around here. To me that's a red herring move, look here, not over there. I also think the lack of emotion could be because whatever happened to the boys was some time ago. They have been in damage control mode for a while now.

I’m not bothered by “rambunctious,” I heard it a lot when growing up and it just meant kids that liked to be active, roughhouse, and could be rowdy when playing.

What does bug is that the AM said, “They’re not walking around, they’re not that kind.” All the rambunctious kids I knew, including myself, liked to run around and explore when given the chance.

So, are they active, rambunctious kids that could leave the yard and run around, or are they “not that kind?” They contradict each other.

That portion of the interview was curious - the use of the word, as well as his statement they are going to be around here. To me that's a red herring move, look here, not over there. I also think the lack of emotion could be because whatever happened to the boys was some time ago. They have been in damage control mode for a while now.

BBM

And that is why we don't hear a plea for their safe return and or their welfare. They have already processed it. It could also be that they are beyond help (Deceased) ergo no plea and concern. It may also be that they are being cared for by someone else, again, that's why no plea and concern.

BBM

And that is why we don't hear a plea for their safe return and or their welfare. They have already processed it. It could also be that they are beyond help (Deceased) ergo no plea and concern. It may also be that they are being cared for by someone else, again, that's why no plea and concern.
One would have to think, if they are alive. Why not fess up, instead of potentially being charged with murder? You're in trouble either way ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood