20/20 Special - The List: Who Killed Jonbenet? on 15 Jan 2021

Watching it now. Most of it is same-old cherry-picked same-old, but they do interview a grand juror who said that the gj believed Patsy wrote the ransom note (in spite of testimony from Ramsey experts) and that no one came through the basement window because of the presence of an intact cobweb.

We're just going to hear about the famous list, which at the rate they're working through it, should be generating donations for the rest of their lives.

We hear once again that on his deathbed Lou wrote a name on a piece of paper, handed it to his daughter and said, "This is the guy." Incredibly, that's all we hear about that.

Last edited:
Watching it now. Most of it is same-old cherry-picked same-old, but they do interview a grand juror who said that the gj believed Patsy wrote the ransom note and that no one came through the basement window because of the presence of an intact cobweb.

We're just going to hear about the famous list, which at the rate they're working through it, should be generating donations for the rest of their lives.

I kept shouting at the TV... "genealogy" but they want to slowly go through their list.

I watched it and agree that there wasn't much that was new information. However, this was the first time that I had seen a juror speak undisguised. Had this happened before? I also thought it was significant that he said the jury believed that Patsy wrote the note and that they did not believe there was an intruder. This had all been speculated based upon the documents but this was the first time I had heard it said so clearly by a juror with a name and a face. I wonder if this will inspire more information, or leaked documents, from this juror or potentially others?

Ya, looking for the two new expert comments.

Did the handwriting expert say that either PR or IDI may have written the note?

The new handwriting expert said that Patsy might have written it. Interesting to me is that the glimpses I had of her charts looked like the ones in Ramsey-team Gerald McMenamin's book (though he's not a handwriting analyst).

It's near the end.

What got me was when the 911 operator spoke. IIRC she said that after Patsy had called in hysterics to 911 and told her abt the kidnapping, that instead of hanging up the phone right away Patsy says..'there, I've called the cops, now what do we do next', or something like that.

I was also shocked at how composed they were. When they were first being interviewed, it's like they had no emotion. jmo...it stuck me as very odd.

This is all good stuff. Whether or not he can explain why the Daily Camera Story omitted the Likelihood Ratio concerning the two samples is unknown. And this note in the Bode reports is the only place wherein the UM1 profile is referred to. So no other conclusion can be drawn from the Bode tests to the profile in CODIS. However, I think we can all agree that the kind of services Othram offers is what needs to happens next in the JonBenet case. It would depend on the DNA itself. I think there would have to be more DNA to test that we don’t know of to produce a different type of profile. Or, they need a full profile. We should all accept that we don’t know what we don’t know. And no one has all the answers.

I’m wondering though if there are enough open minds on this forum to accept the findings Othram might return if they were to be entrusted with the evidence and it leads them to an intruder?

Are we finally allowed to discuss the Intruder theory here? I tried in the past and was told it was not allowed. We could only discuss the family.

I listened to the Victims Voice podcast episodes. Go listen if you haven’t and then tell me how you can possibly argue that there was not an intruder.

Why on earth would Lou Smits family dedicate their time to testing DNA. They need the original DNA to submit to genealogy. All they have is the report. This is maddening to me.

Are we finally allowed to discuss the Intruder theory here? I tried in the past and was told it was not allowed. We could only discuss the family.

I listened to the Victims Voice podcast episodes. Go listen if you haven’t and then tell me how you can possibly argue that there was not an intruder.

Why on earth would Lou Smits family dedicate their time to testing DNA. They need the original DNA to submit to genealogy. All they have is the report. This is maddening to me.

juli99,
Why on earth would Lou Smits family dedicate their time to testing DNA.
Because its a money spinner. Loadsa $$ for the Smit Family.

There was no intruder because there is zero evidence to support such a claim. Citing non-Ramsey dna samples does not mean their existence demonstrates a non-Ramsey was in the house the night JonBenet was killed, since they may have arrived by any one of multiple routes.

To nail down an intruder you need either a bona fide confession along with non-public domain forensic details, or dna sourced from saliva, semen, blood, etc.

This is all good stuff. Whether or not he can explain why the Daily Camera Story omitted the Likelihood Ratio concerning the two samples is unknown. And this note in the Bode reports is the only place wherein the UM1 profile is referred to. So no other conclusion can be drawn from the Bode tests to the profile in CODIS. However, I think we can all agree that the kind of services Othram offers is what needs to happens next in the JonBenet case. It would depend on the DNA itself. I think there would have to be more DNA to test that we don’t know of to produce a different type of profile. Or, they need a full profile. We should all accept that we don’t know what we don’t know. And no one has all the answers.

I’m wondering though if there are enough open minds on this forum to accept the findings Othram might return if they were to be entrusted with the evidence and it leads them to an intruder?

searchinGirl,
How come there are not more non-ramsey dna profiles on JonBenet's underwear, or even the rest of her body?

Have you or anyone else ever thought that the non-ramsey dna profile arrived long after JonBenet was asphyxiated.

That is, it arrived accidentally via third party transfer when either JonBenet was being wiped down, see Coroner Meyer for his opinion on the bloodstain in the size-12 underwear, or it arrived via accidental transfer during the autopsy procedure, e.g. just fell off someone's hand or an autopsy instrument, many of the forensic procedures undertaken in the JonBenet case did not follow standard procedure.

For consistency you need a dna sample from her underwear, clothing etc, along with another sample from say the ligature/paintbrush this then demonstrates they are linked to the crime-scene, as the ligature/paintbrush was in a separate location from the wine-cellar.

Find this and you can then claim you have potential evidence of an intruder.

From ABCs release of "The List" several observations were made. In no particular order:

In the Barbara Walters interview, in explaining how she felt in those first few days after the child's death. Patsy said, "You lose all perception of time and place. You'd just been dealt a horrible, crushing blow."

Screenshot (894).png

John stated after putting Burke to bed, he set the alarm and went to bed.

Screenshot (893).png

Why are JonBenet's pupils dilated? A flash of light was used when she's being photographed, correct? In bright light, pupils constrict to prevent too much light from entering your eyes. Other than medication, what would cause the dilatation as not all of her photos depict her with dilated pupils?

Screenshot (891).png Screenshot (892).png

juli99,

Because its a money spinner. Loadsa $$ for the Smit Family.

There was no intruder because there is zero evidence to support such a claim. Citing non-Ramsey dna samples does not mean their existence demonstrates a non-Ramsey was in the house the night JonBenet was killed, since they may have arrived by any one of multiple routes.

To nail down an intruder you need either a bona fide confession along with non-public domain forensic details, or dna sourced from saliva, semen, blood, etc.

Have you listened to the new podcast? The DNA evidence is strong. They just never found a match. The Smit family are not doing this for money. That makes no sense. My question was, why is Boulder PD not helping them by sending the DNA to genealogy? Who in Boulder does not want this solved?

What got me was when the 911 operator spoke. IIRC she said that after Patsy had called in hysterics to 911 and told her abt the kidnapping, that instead of hanging up the phone right away Patsy says..'there, I've called the cops, now what do we do next', or something like that.

I was also shocked at how composed they were. When they were first being interviewed, it's like they had no emotion. jmo...it stuck me as very odd.

Her imagination ran away with her there. That can't be heard on the tape.

Have you listened to the new podcast? The DNA evidence is strong. They just never found a match. The Smit family are not doing this for money. That makes no sense. My question was, why is Boulder PD not helping them by sending the DNA to genealogy? Who in Boulder does not want this solved?

Former DA Mary Lacy's argument was that a small amount of foreign male DNA was significant because of its location in two places: on the long john waistband and in the underpants. It's not a bad argument but you have to weigh it against other evidence.

The grand jury heard Lou Smit's 8-hour presentation and from Ramsey handwriting experts. (Rile, according to Ramsey-friendly sources, folded like a cheap suit.) Nevertheless, the gj concluded that Patsy wrote the note and that nobody came through the basement window.

I suspect the police are holding back certain things they know.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4