Canada - Coronavirus COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are a number of people still not wearing masks outside or even attempting to move over on the sidewalk? It may not really stop one from getting covid, but is it not a form of courtesy and civility to at least look as if you are trying to be respectful of others?
Cannot help but notice certain people do not try to move over a bit to share the sidewalk, or wear a mask- they tend to be f and f. Probably not pc to spell that out. imo.

I don't know which words you mean but I think it's because they don't take the consequences seriously or the consequences themselves are not serious enough.

Sounds like 4 young guys. Young guys can tend to get pulled over for a number of reasons on the road. I can't find evidence of that article from a real newspaper yet. One gave false ID. But 4 members of differing households together in an enclosed vehicle (not sure if they were wearing masks or not?), out and about... for... who knows what reason. It doesn't seem right that the government is allowed to monitor us like that, but it's possible the driving may have been a little 'off', or they didn't have their headlights on, or their car was in disrepair, or their vehicle may have even matched the description of a BOLO, or something, to start it all off. It just says they won't pull them over for JUST the reason of the 'reopening act'. "No element of any order provides the police with either the power to enter dwellings nor the authority to stop a vehicle for the singular purpose of checking compliance with the Stay-At-Home order."

Meanwhile.. even businesses that were still operating (like construction crews), where they had a number of guys travelling together from their work base to a jobsite, were taking separate vehicles back in the spring when we were going through this, to keep in line with mandates. It really does seem like people aren't taking this 'second wave' seriously.

I don't know which words you mean but I think it's because they don't take the consequences seriously or the consequences themselves are not serious enough.
Just now edited my post to remove my last comment.
Just mad that some do not wear masks and do not even attempt to give a little space on the sidewalk.
Even if they do not believe in doing those things, they could at least show a little courtesy. imo.

Sounds like 4 young guys. Young guys can tend to get pulled over for a number of reasons on the road. I can't find evidence of that article from a real newspaper yet. One gave false ID. But 4 members of differing households together in an enclosed vehicle (not sure if they were wearing masks or not?), out and about... for... who knows what reason. It doesn't seem right that the government is allowed to monitor us like that, but it's possible the driving may have been a little 'off', or they didn't have their headlights on, or their car was in disrepair, or their vehicle may have even matched the description of a BOLO, or something, to start it all off. It just says they won't pull them over for JUST the reason of the 'reopening act'. "No element of any order provides the police with either the power to enter dwellings nor the authority to stop a vehicle for the singular purpose of checking compliance with the Stay-At-Home order."

Meanwhile.. even businesses that were still operating (like construction crews), where they had a number of guys travelling together from their work base to a jobsite, were taking separate vehicles back in the spring when we were going through this, to keep in line with mandates. It really does seem like people aren't taking this 'second wave' seriously.

oh sorry yes you're right - that wasn't a 'real' newspaper - I wonder if I should edit/remove my post?

Police disperse crowd of anti-lockdown protesters in downtown Toronto

''Videos posted on social media show hundreds of demonstrators marching through the streets, condemning public health measures and denouncing the COVID-19 pandemic. The protest, which has been happening weekly since the fall, is in contravention with the new restrictions prohibiting outdoor public gatherings and social gatherings of more than five people.

"At this time we can confirm that the Toronto Police Service dispersed crowds at two large gatherings," Toronto police Const. Karoline de Kloet said in e-mail to CP24.

''Police said they dispersed two large gatherings connected to an anti-lockdown protest in downtown Toronto on Saturday.

Videos posted on social media show hundreds of demonstrators marching through the streets, condemning public health measures and denouncing the COVID-19 pandemic. The protest, which has been happening weekly since the fall, is in contravention with the new restrictions prohibiting outdoor public gatherings and social gatherings of more than five people.

"At this time we can confirm that the Toronto Police Service dispersed crowds at two large gatherings," Toronto police Const. Karoline de Kloet said in e-mail to CP24.''

Police disperse crowd of anti-lockdown protesters in downtown Toronto

''Videos posted on social media show hundreds of demonstrators marching through the streets, condemning public health measures and denouncing the COVID-19 pandemic. The protest, which has been happening weekly since the fall, is in contravention with the new restrictions prohibiting outdoor public gatherings and social gatherings of more than five people.

"At this time we can confirm that the Toronto Police Service dispersed crowds at two large gatherings," Toronto police Const. Karoline de Kloet said in e-mail to CP24.

''Police said they dispersed two large gatherings connected to an anti-lockdown protest in downtown Toronto on Saturday.

Videos posted on social media show hundreds of demonstrators marching through the streets, condemning public health measures and denouncing the COVID-19 pandemic. The protest, which has been happening weekly since the fall, is in contravention with the new restrictions prohibiting outdoor public gatherings and social gatherings of more than five people.

"At this time we can confirm that the Toronto Police Service dispersed crowds at two large gatherings," Toronto police Const. Karoline de Kloet said in e-mail to CP24.''

idiots putting us all at risk, most especially the cops who have to 'disperse' them

No, it's here too, which I've seen references from on WS before, and it's in lots of other places.. but still can't find it in anything mainstream. The Chatham-Kent paper won't even open at all for me?

Four People Charged for Riding in Vehicle Together

it opened for me and contained this little gem

The four individuals were identified during the investigation but the officer determined the front passenger had falsely identified himself.

The passenger was identified by police as a 20-year-old London man.

He was arrested and charged with obstruct police.

oh man it sure would be nice to be able to get together on Family Day but somehow I suspect lockdown will be extended

Lockdown should be extended to cover Feb 14 and Family Day. Otherwise, families will get together and the same thing will happen again - 2 weeks later the numbers will soar, health system overwhelmed, another month of lockdown.

oh man it sure would be nice to be able to get together on Family Day but somehow I suspect lockdown will be extended
If the numbers don't go down, and continue to trend downward, I suspect it will be extended as well.

What really doesn't make any sense to me at all, is having a mandatory stay at home order, with one of the "exceptions" being leaving home to attend in-person classes. o_O
Why in the world is it considered unsafe to see a friend and socialize (with protocols in place, masked, 6 feet apart), but considered safe, to sit in a classroom with 10 or 20 strangers from outside of your household, and even your social bubble?
I think everyone's trying to do what's best, but this stay at home order seems rather inconsistent.

jmo

Lockdown should be extended to cover Feb 14 and Family Day. Otherwise, families will get together and the same thing will happen again - 2 weeks later the numbers will soar, health system overwhelmed, another month of lockdown.

true I don't know what I was thinking ... can't see my family anyway

If the numbers don't go down, and continue to trend downward, I suspect it will be extended as well.

What really doesn't make any sense to me at all, is having a mandatory stay at home order, with one of the "exceptions" being leaving home to attend in-person classes. o_O
Why in the world is it considered unsafe to see a friend and socialize (with protocols in place, masked, 6 feet apart), but considered safe, to sit in a classroom with 10 or 20 strangers from outside of your household, and even your social bubble?
I think everyone's trying to do what's best, but this stay at home order seems rather inconsistent.

jmo

Just more of the same:
A run with friends? A distanced drink? Let's dig into Ontario's opaque gathering rules https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/otta...kD69kdgawqZubAWJG2N-sWbf1tl9Vpi7pqv5EDOWq3M_w

Two entire planes affected by COVID days after feds clamp down | Toronto Sun
rbbm.
Jan 17, 2021
''All rows.

That’s how Health Canada described the impact of two Air Transat flights that landed in Montreal from Haiti this week, purportedly carrying so many infected passengers that everybody on board was at risk.''

''And while Transport Canada made negative COVID-19 tests mandatory on Jan. 7 for passengers boarding a Canada-bound plane, flights from Haiti are exempt from this rule until Jan. 21.

Both TS663 on Jan. 10 and TS665 on Jan 13 — operated using dual-aisle, wide-body Airbus A330s capable of carrying between 345 and 375 passengers — were identified by Health Canada as flights with confirmed COVID-19 cases.

Initially listing TS663’s affected rows as “unknown,” Health Canada updated the flight’s status on Friday to “all rows.”

Saturday’s update added TS665 to the list, likewise listed as “all rows.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member