Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested to see if the neighbour that lives opposite has a camera that shows the chimney of the house and if there is any evidence of them having fires in there either on the day or day's leading up which would show smoke on the camera. There ain't nothing but some little twigs outside of that gate and it looks like he coincidently picked up 99% of them on that night, From all the pictures and video i have seen since there is nothing out there worth burning. Certainly nothing that is going to sustain heating a house of 6 kids.

It just doesn't add up.

Last edited:
I'm interested to see if the neighbour that lives opposite has a camera that shows the chimney of the house and if there is any evidence of them having fires in there either on the day or day's leading up which would show smoke on the camera. There ain't nothing but some little twigs outside of that gate and it looks like he coincidently picked up 99% of them on that night, From all the pictures and video i have seen since there is nothing out there worth burning. Certainly nothing that is going to sustain heating a house of 6 kids.

It just doesn't add up.
RBBM
“If the words don’t add up, It’s usually because the truth wasn’t included in the equation.”

We see a lot of this, don’t we?

Now for LE:

“Nothing better than listening to a lie when you already know the truth.”

LE may not have all the pieces yet, but in similar fashion as with BM, they started digging. Not a good omen.

With the few cases I’ve followed here, certain words, phrases stick with us. For Patrick Frazee it was “Well, exactly.” For Barry Morphew, “It’s too soon.” I think in this case it will be “Off the grid” for me. I suspect poor little Orson and Orrin were off the grid long before TW & JW moved their family to CC.

LE are still very early into their investigation. They likely know Orrin and Orson are deceased, it’s now a matter of determining when, where, & how. How long have these little guys been gone? Here’s hoping they can find all the pieces and deliver justice. I suspect Orson and Orrin are somewhere “off the grid” :( I pray someone finds them. JMHO

“There’s a lot of people asking about it obviously, you see a lot of signs up around town,” said James Robinson, a local pastor. “‘Where are the boys’? Theres a concern in the community. The community’s constantly, thats the question.”

But a neighbor says Trezell West did come back last week to board up the windows of his house. This comes after a few incidents of trespassing and damage to the property.

“There’s more than just a certain family thats hurting here,” Robinson said. “The entire community across the state, across the nation, people are hurting here. And this is a great opportunity for somebody to come forward with the right information and get to the truth.”

But the community has not given up. Local businesses, churches, the adoptive family, and the city have put up a total of 100 thousand dollars in reward money. It’ll go to anyone who comes forward with information.

“This is relatively fresh, days are waning, things are looking bleak, but we’re holding out hope,” said Ron Smith, a local pastor.

Ron Smith is the pastor at Victory Baptist Church in California City. He’s offered a $10,000 reward.

“If that’s what it takes, we’re willing to invest $10,000 into precious little lives,” Smith said. “You can’t put a monetary value on a life. We’re talking two little boys.”

If you have any information – call California City Police at 760-373-8606. You can also remain anonymous and call the secret witness line at 661-322-4040.
$100,000 reward for information on two boys in California City; adoptive father boards up windows of his house | KGET 17

The sifting. If the AP were in fact using the fireplace, maybe that is where they put their ashes?? I know my son puts his in the vegetable garden. I’m not suggesting the boys were burnt, but perhaps some clothing that belonged to the boys? Just a thought.

If LE thought clothing had been burnt, maybe they were sifting for small metal pieces that would have survived the flames; things like zipper pieces, rivets and buttons from jeans, etc. That said, I cringed just typing that and hope nothing is found to indicate clothing was burnt. If the boys weren't harmed, I can't think of a single reason why any of their clothes would have been burnt. Even if they had some clothes too worn out to donate, which was perfectly likely if the family may have passed down clothes from the older four, why burn them indoors and release those particles into the air for the kids to breathe when they could just throw them out or use them as rags?

A private investigator says a woman in Tehachapi tells him she saw the two missing boys at the Albertson's in Tehachapi on Christmas Eve, with a white man and woman. The witness recognized the boys' faces after seeing the missing children add. She called California city police. But that's not the only possible lead coming from Tehachapi.

Bill Garcia , Private Investigator and Owner of Bill Garcia Investigative Services, says a Tehachapi resident called him and told him he saw was heading west bound on highway 58 on December 23rd and saw two small black boys with an adult. He thought it was odd for children to be on the Pacific Crest Trail in December and not dressed warm.

"He was driving westbound on 58 coming home from work and he saw an adult Afro American male, somewhat thin, somewhat tall and with two small children, hiking on the Pacific Crest Trail near the exit, Garcia said.

The witness pulled over and noted there was a parked gold or tan colored Chevy SUV. He says the boys and the man were about a third of a mile saw from the parked area off the Cameron Road exit of highway 58 in the outskirts of Tehachapi.
Private investigator and Kern County Sheriff's Deputies look in Tehachapi for missing boys

If LE thought clothing had been burnt, maybe they were sifting for small metal pieces that would have survived the flames; things like zipper pieces, rivets and buttons from jeans, etc. That said, I cringed just typing that and hope nothing is found to indicate clothing was burnt. If the boys weren't harmed, I can't think of a single reason why any of their clothes would have been burnt. Even if they had some clothes too worn out to donate, which was perfectly likely if the family may have passed down clothes from the older four, why burn them indoors and release those particles into the air for the kids to breathe when they could just throw them out or use them as rags?

I agree burning clothing doesn't make much sense but then again people (even people innocent of any crime) do plenty of things that don't make sense.

If the fireplace was indeed used to [attempt to] cover up a crime, I would suspect something more like burning a baseball bat or 2x4, or perhaps some bedding that had incriminating stains. Sorry horrible image. MOO

I like the way the title is worded. I think PI screwed up a little but is learning a tough lesson. Working with LE and teaming up looking for the little boys is the common goal.
It appears that way but I think LE and PI are doing it for different reasons. PI may actually believe the sighting, LE has no choice but to follow up on a “tip.” I find it unlikely anyone was able to identify the boys from the initial photos that were released. The boys have surely changed in appearance from the photos that were available early on. At this point in time, LE may already know how long these little guys have been “missing.” They are probably searching elsewhere as well but have little hope of finding the boys alive and well :(. MOO.

I understand the need to follow up on alleged sightings, but rarely do they turn out to be true. (Note, I'm not saying never true.) I can't count how many times someone swore they saw the missing person, were 100% sure it was that person, spoke to that person, got the name of the person, etc. only to find the missing person had been long since deceased and nowhere near that area so it was impossible for the sighting to be true. It's just mistaken identity. I also think people make up sightings sometimes. I want the sightings of the boys to be true because it would mean they were alive, but I just don't put a lot of stock into sightings in missing persons' cases. By all means, I certainly hope LE do investigate them because one never knows.

To me the biggest concern is how the adoptive parents' family has distanced themselves and has made it clear they've distanced themselves. That speaks louder than any spoken language, body language, action, inaction, lack of photos, etc. There is a reason they want to make it clear the statements are not on behalf of of from the parents. I want to believe LE is really digging into that.

I understand the need to follow up on alleged sightings, but rarely do they turn out to be true. (Note, I'm not saying never true.) I can't count how many times someone swore they saw the missing person, were 100% sure it was that person, spoke to that person, got the name of the person, etc. only to find the missing person had been long since deceased and nowhere near that area so it was impossible for the sighting to be true. It's just mistaken identity. I also think people make up sightings sometimes. I want the sightings of the boys to be true because it would mean they were alive, but I just don't put a lot of stock into sightings in missing persons' cases. By all means, I certainly hope LE do investigate them because one never knows.

To me the biggest concern is how the adoptive parents' family has distanced themselves and has made it clear they've distanced themselves. That speaks louder than any spoken language, body language, action, inaction, lack of photos, etc. There is a reason they want to make it clear the statements are not on behalf of of from the parents. I want to believe LE is really digging into that.
Your words are so true. True enough to sting me a bit. When my sister and I were searching everywhere for our brother, we had people telling us so many times “don’t worry, I saw him here last week” or something similar. I wanted to believe them. So badly. We followed up on every single tip, no matter where we had to go. We felt like we couldn’t take the chance. We were compelled. Later on, I knew most of those people were wrong. Their own situation, so out control - they desperately wanted to help, for different reasons, I suppose.

I’m not sure when/why the term Foster went to adopted. It’s somewhere in here. I always wonder when stories update - what event, evidence or statements happened in between to spark the update. They took the vehicle so quickly. And the Chief’s last statement that I’ll post is the most damning and critical pivot. They already know these little ones are gone. Foremost, we have to verify the boys are not in that backyard. Dig.......
Returning to the scene of the crime: local reporting
12/22/20

Officials did confirm that a search warrant was issued Monday night at the house the boys were living in.

As of Tuesday night, the believed foster parents are at police headquarters being interviewed by multiple law enforcement agencies, including the FBI. Investigators are also running forensic exams on certain items that belong to the toddlers.
Search continues for missing boys Orrin and Orson West, reported missing Monday

The parents went willingly with officers at 3:45 p.m. after a police cruiser entered their driveway, police said. They were not handcuffed as they were taken in for questioning.

Police served the warrant just after 6 p.m. Tuesday. Officers left the house carrying several brown bags and a large duffel bag. The parents’ white van was towed.FBI interviewing adoptive parents of missing California City boys | KGET 17

"That's understandable. I would think the same thing," Trezol West responded. "That's exactly the point, and if we can find our babies ... that's all I want, is to find our babies."

Two California boys, 3 and 4, vanish after adoptive father said he went to gather firewood

Trezell and Jacqueline West are the boys' adoptive parents. They told 23ABC News in their first and only media interview Wednesday, that the boys were playing with chalk in the backyard of their Cal City home when they suddenly went missing at about 4:30 or 5 p.m.

Trezell West said he was gathering wood to start a fire, while Jacqueline was wrapping Christmas presents, when the incident occurred.

Jacqueline West old 23ABC that she thinks the boys were kidnapped.

"They do not just roam around these patches, they definitely would have been picked up or something," West said.
Former BPD Lt. weighs in on missing California City boys case, gives insight into investigation

The two boys, Orson West, 3, and Orrin West, 4, went missing Dec. 21 at about 5:45 p.m. from their home at 10717 Aspen Ave., according to a news alert from the California City Police Department.

Law enforcement agencies have investigated the boys' home and property belonging to their adoptive parents, according to news reports.

The FBI has become involved in the case but the agency said the police department leads the investigation.
California City shaken, in search of answers one week after two toddlers go missing

“I can’t comment on that, whether I think they’re alive or not. I do suspect foul play,” he said. “We have not been able to put together how the boys got out of the yard or where they've gone.”

Walker said that the local police department has received assistance from the Kern County Sheriff's Office, the Bakersfield Police Department and the FBI, but California City is the lead investigating agency.
Cal City police chief on missing boys: 'I do suspect foul play'

On Dec. 23, the California City Police Department and other agencies conducted an hours-long investigation of the back yard. According to Walker, the investigation turned up nothing and police dogs have not been able to find traces of the boys outside of the house.

“We were trying to dig up any possible thing of where they had gone and to confirm that they are not in the back yard,” Walker said.
Cal City police chief on missing boys: 'I do suspect foul play'

Same! They're preschoolers! It's not like they're older kids who have become camera shy or conscious about the camera in any way. Kids that age LOVE having their photo taken! There should be hundreds of photos.

Right?!. Even as they get older and more camera shy there are still photos. My son is 8 next week and hates photos but will let you take them if he is in the mood and I still manage to get one every couple of weeks or so. Also if we are going for a day out (not recently,thanks covid:rolleyes:) anywhere crowded or with a possibility I could lose them I take a full body shot of both the little ones just in case I need to be circulating a description fast!.
( who me,paranoid? Never:D:oops: )

The word rambunctious is not what bothers me as much as the weird grunt he made immediately following saying rambunctious. I don't know what that was about, but it was weird.

Jmo
I find it weird they didn’t offer any other description of the boys. A loving parent would be like: “oh Orrin is sweet, he’s a mommas boy etc., Orson is more independent and the leader etc.”
You know?
The fact they neglected to even say their names is weird to me also.

100,000 reward and those boys are not found ? That means 2 people probably only know unfortunately and that will mean they have to flip on each other if guilty .

I think it’s JW that will flip and be the weak link if they are responsible. That’s going to take enormous pressure . MOO

I also think TW has possible abusive/controlling issues with JW. So she may be afraid .

Last edited:
I find it weird they didn’t offer any other description of the boys. A loving parent would be like: “oh Orrin is sweet, he’s a mommas boy etc., Orson is more independent and the leader etc.”
You know?
The fact they neglected to even say their names is weird to me also.
Because they never formed bonds with the boys .
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member