Presumed Located TX- Laura Read, 34, Houston/Midtown, 16 Jan 2021

Just speculating: Could she have left her son in the car and ran into the store ( maybe he was sleeping and thought she wouldn't be long etc) and someone called the police on the child in the car alone and she panicked and ran. Tim Miller also mentioned she didn't look like the pictures they have of her. She probably doesn't have makeup etc with her. <modsnip> All IMO and for the record, I am not saying it is ok to leave a child in the car for any reason.

This is exactly what came to mind for me, but I guess we wait and see. MOO

Well it sounds like y’all might have figured this one out. If she saw cops, ditched phone and ran that would explain the abrupt ending of communication with her dad. The two warrants would be the previous trouble in Utah her dad mentioned.

Oh no ... something definitely going on here that we don’t yet know ... and may not find out. The warrants provide some possibilities but we’ll have to wait for the facts. So grateful that her son was quickly found safe. Things could have been so much worse for the little guy. Moo

I am not a mod but it's been done on many missing/located threads.

Just to fine tune that a bit ..

TOS allows for sleuthing a victim (i.e. missing person) and an officially named perp. Background information on a victim can be sleuthed and respectfully discussed as part of victimology, but not used to disparage a victim or be judgmental toward them.

I don’t understand why if Laura had access to a phone (burner?) for texting - she did not immediately text dad to pick up her son. Surely, even if fleeing due to warrants; possible charges for abandonment outweigh her alleged charges.

I don’t understand why if Laura had access to a phone (burner?) for texting - she did not immediately text dad to pick up her son. Surely, even if fleeing due to warrants; possible charges for abandonment outweigh her alleged charges.

It still remains to be seen if what has been speculated was indeed what happened. If she fled because police were called to her car, then she probably knew that her son had already been found and was in good hands. That scenario alone could trigger a slide into any psychiatric and/or addiction issues that were present IMHO. After that it could have been one bad decision after another, until finally she did one right thing and reached out to her dad. It’s a sad situation all the way around. I think Tim Miller might know some if this, and was very distressed that this is the way it played out. Again, he would have given anything to have found his Laura alive in 1984.

It still remains to be seen if what has been speculated was indeed what happened. If she fled because police were called to her car, then she probably knew that her son had already been found and was in good hands. That scenario alone could trigger a slide into any psychiatric and/or addiction issues that were present IMHO. After that it could have been one bad decision after another, until finally she did one right thing and reached out to her dad. It’s a sad situation all the way around. I think Tim Miller might know some if this, and was very distressed that this is the way it played out. Again, he would have given anything to have found his Laura alive in 1984.
I woke up several times during the night thinking of this lovely man. I was so touched by the video. Pain from knowing his family tree is splintered forevermore. The broken branch of his Laura has almost broken him. I say almost. His spirit and his love for his daughter keeps him full of hope and tenacity. He is certainly not one to ever give up.

In a perfect world, a child buries their parent. Unfortunately, things happen where a parent does have to bury their child,” Miller said. “But having to bury the same person three different times because of reasons out of our control, it was pretty devastating.”

Texas EquuSearch volunteers, families of the missing and investigators attended Tuesday’s service to support Miller. Galveston County District Attorney Jack Roady even delivered Laura’s eulogy and led the attendees in a prayer.

“I think I heard a little voice say, ‘Dad, I’m sorry for the all pain you’ve been through,'” Miller said.
Nearly 4 decades after her murder, founder of Texas EquuSearch says final goodbye to daughter

https://nypost.com/2021/01/19/missing-mom-laura-read-sends-text-after-baby-found-abandoned/

Laura “Lacie” Read, 34, claimed she was safe when she texted her father, Randy, Monday morning from Utah using a phone number that he didn’t recognize, news station KPRC reported.

She then sent him a photo of herself and responded to a series of questions that only she would know the answers to, the outlet reported.

Authorities agreed to stop looking for the missing mom, but officers and her family still don’t know why the boy was left to fend for himself. No charges have been filed for child abandonment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back