Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, the neighbor (Mr Leonard) said jackhammering or rotohammering.
I didn't know what rotohammering meant. Rotary hammer is a tool like a drill used in concrete.

I was thinking the holes were like something used to drill foundation holes for fence, deck, etc.

Rachelj1 I agree. To me, it looks like maybe something for the dogs to sniff??
Yes! That is exactly my thoughts!

<modsnip: Not victim friendly>

Mike is doubling down on his stance that LE did not dig those holes. However, there is video of LE digging the holes. So, I’m going to believe my lying eyes, as the saying goes.
Yes, in the last thread I asked if anyone knew why LE would dig holes in neat rows like that and what they would be looking for.

I think Pommy Mommy quoted my post and gave an opinion on the process for gathering evidence this way.

Now if I could only remember what she said.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found this post 15 pages back that shows LE at the backyard. There was a neighbor who flew a drone over while LE was digging and I'm still searching for that.

Article and video dated Dec 25
View attachment 279510
New video shows an FBI forensic team searching outside the home.

FBI agents in hazmat suits were seen on the property.
Home of missing California City boys, ages 3 and 4, searched by FBI
Can anyone see what’s inside where the lights are? Better capture in attached file.

Last edited:
Wednesday evening around 9P.M. concerned neighbors and community members say they saw the FBI and police working in the backyard.

"Checked in yesterday and that's when we pulled up and saw the investigation going on and them digging in the backyard and...what we think was digging," Wayne Leonard, a neighbor, said. "They had jack hammers, and roto hammers going, lots of lights out."

Laura Romero says a local flew a drone while the digging was happening.

"I did look at the videos myself and what it looked like to me is they were sifting through fine dirt to find things and they would find things and they would put them in baggies," Romero, said.

She says they came out with bags and took them to the forensics team.
Missing California City boys being investigated by FBI, multiple agencies

https://twitter.com/abc7newsbayarea/status/1350620143446011905

This just caught my eye. I do not know if it is related.

To summarize:
Human remains and clothes were discovered in a field on the border of Vacaville and Fairfield, police said Saturday morning. http://abc7ne.ws/38N58Cd

This UID has been identified as Zachery Rose, missing since February 3, 2018. May Zachery Rest in Peace.

Body found in case of missing man linked to San Francisco Sheriff's officer

Wednesday evening around 9P.M. concerned neighbors and community members say they saw the FBI and police working in the backyard.

"Checked in yesterday and that's when we pulled up and saw the investigation going on and them digging in the backyard and...what we think was digging," Wayne Leonard, a neighbor, said. "They had jack hammers, and roto hammers going, lots of lights out."

Laura Romero says a local flew a drone while the digging was happening.

"I did look at the videos myself and what it looked like to me is they were sifting through fine dirt to find things and they would find things and they would put them in baggies," Romero, said.

She says they came out with bags and took them to the forensics team.
Missing California City boys being investigated by FBI, multiple agencies
I mean it is just so unusual that they almost immediately started investigating their yard. Rarely have I ever seen where they do that so quickly . It kind of makes me wonder if they had probable cause to do that ?

I know that definitely an inside search is most likely going to be done , but digging and drilling outside ? That is just odd .
MOO

Yes, in the last thread I asked if anyone knew why LE would dig holes in neat rows like that and what they would be looking for.

I think Pommy Mommy quoted my post and gave an opinion on the process for gathering evidence this way.

Now if I could only remember what she said.
It relates to evidence collection procedure in that anything and everything collected is labeled with an identification number, date and time, location, description, etc. and it is just easier to identify the location by digging holes in neat rows the same distance apart. But, that is just MOO.

Example: Soil sample collected approximately 2 feet east of soccer ball. (insert evidence id # for soccer ball here)

Last edited:
I mean it is just so unusual that they almost immediately started investigating their yard. Rarely have I ever seen where they do that so quickly . It kind of makes me wonder if they had probable cause to do that ?

I know that definitely an inside search is most likely going to be done , but digging and drilling outside ? That is just odd .
MOO
Yes, they would need probable cause in order to obtain a warrant. LE must have had sufficient evidence from the beginning in order to get warrants so quickly for the home, vehicle, technical data, and property.

Imo

Yes, they would need probable cause in order to obtain a warrant. LE must have had sufficient evidence from the beginning in order to get warrants so quickly for the home, vehicle, technical data, and property.

Imo
I think so too. They had those warrants fast ??! I think LE must really think these boys are deceased .
MOO

Well, I believe this is where the story starts going cold. MSM never seemed interested in two missing little boys who were adopted. It appears they were failed by everyone in this life. I've just been heartbroken over these children. Everything is MOO.

I think so too. They had those warrants fast ??! I think LE must really think these boys are deceased .
MOO
Well, I believe this is where the story starts going cold. MSM never seemed interested in two missing little boys who were adopted. It appears they were failed by everyone in this life. I've just been heartbroken over these children. Everything is MOO.
I don’t think it’s going to go cold . I think they are patiently watching and waiting ...

Lots of the neighbors were questioned and no one heard any yelling names outside.

I wonder why MSM isn't looking for neighbors to interview. They would get some interesting news.
Remember when they even went to the neighbors job to track him down in the Gannon case!
Not even The "Gentleman on the other side of the street". TW Mentioned talking to. Weird. MOO

I don’t think it’s going to go cold . I think they are patiently watching and waiting ...

I don't think so either. But it may take a few months or so for them to track everywhere the adoptive parents have been in the past year, if necessary. Those neighbors and community members won't let it get cold either.

Just recently a motorcycle club drove to the house in California City and prayed for the boys. When you see an out pouring of love and concern from strangers like that, it bolsters the investigation.

I don't think so either. But it may take a few months or so for them to track everywhere the adoptive parents have been in the past year, if necessary. Those neighbors and community members won't let it get cold either.

Just recently a motorcycle club drove to the house in California City and prayed for the boys. When you see an out pouring of love and concern from strangers like that, it bolsters the investigation.
I only learned about this case from WS and that is troubling to me... I live in Texas and I have literally not heard a peep! I am so sad for these boys. I have a little boy and if he was ever harmed I would not be able to go on and then you have people who KILL their own kids (not saying that is the case here, but it happens too frequently). I will never understand it. Hoping these boys are found soon, but sadly I think they are deceased.

I have watched all the interviews now with the police chief and I have to be honest I am losing faith in his capability and his determination and to find out where the heck these boys are? How in the world did he say he hasn’t seen the neighbors video of four kids getting into the van? I mean what is going on

I have watched all the interviews now with the police chief and I have to be honest I am losing faith in his capability and his determination and to find out where the heck these boys are? How in the world did he say he hasn’t seen the neighbors video of four kids getting into the van? I mean what is going on
Well it is a small town, He has 3 other agencies working the case. Maybe he's just too out spoken,and they want to dial that down a bit. Keep their cards close to their chest. MOO

Edited within timeframe to add.... UGH how do I link the Missing Person Resource Forum page here?

Very interesting & informative reading:

This is a guideline LE follow when called on a missing child/children case.

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/Digitization/108768NCJRS.pdf

Here is a new post I was directed to post in the Missing Persons Resource Forum.

Thought I would share it here too while encouraging y’all to peek over there at the Forum & see all the great info they have collected there. It’s a great way to sharpen our sleuthing skills while waiting for more clues/helpful updates from LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici