NY NY - Leslie, 29, Julie, 6, & Timothy Guthrie, 3, drove away from home, Katonah, 6 Feb 1977

I just checked the photos from the other link.
Those photos were posted in 2017, so they are not the same as mine.
It's a coincidence I saw the same thing in the water as the other person did, as it appears they used Google Earth, too.
From what I gather reading all this is the anomaly was checked out, but it sounds like they saw nothing at all, not whatever it is in the water, which mystifies me. There is clearly something in the water.

No, this is the only site I post on for this sort of thing. Maybe it was a coincidence? Or are they the same photos? I took screenshots from Google Earth.

The screenshots are almost identical and when I spoke to Detective Haynes, we discussed the I-684 exit where the pond is located. I cannot explain the coincidence.

22 is a possibilty for a water crash, as well as a likely route for her travels at the time since a lot of folks took to the older "smaller roads," but the depth is not that deep off the road directly for a breakthrough with a complete (unnoticed) sinking. She'd had have to have gone off the road and then skidded some distance out; possible, but even in the early 70s, just sapling trees would've stopped a car in most distances from the road before entering the water unless in a scant few places.

There are a couple of 'ponds' I can think of, not sure if they existed then. 684 would've been possible as well. In looking at the screenshots, we'd need to correlate their size to the existing surrounded land mass. Certainly, if a car moved with currents and was caught up with boulders it could create a significant anamoly.

So today I read an article in a local publication about a car being found in the Muscoot reservoir, matching the description of one that went missing along with whoever was in the car several decades ago-this must be the Guthries

So today I read an article in a local publication about a car being found in the Muscoot reservoir, matching the description of one that went missing along with whoever was in the car several decades ago-this must be the Guthries
They are the first ones I thought of also. Is the car a match?

They are the first ones I thought of also. Is the car a match?

I don’t know what the description of the car is-it’s looking like it may be a totally different missing person, now

I watched a short episode of Criminally Listed that featured the Guthries. The narrator stated that the winter weather at the time the family went missing was so frigid they believe any lakes would have frozen solid enough for a car to drive over.

There was also mention about a hermit in Arizona who had multiple wives and one resembled Leslie. Does anyone have further information on this?

I skated on ponds in the area, one could go from a solid area to a potentially dangerous one in just several feet. A car would certainly break through no problem, and not only wouldn't it take long, but other drivers inching along looking just a foot beyond their hood wouldn't notice. But was it even treacherous weather that day?

In regards to the area between Nanny Hagen and 22, (right lane of King Street along the water), in the 70s there would have been several spots to either crash (and probably found) or skid way out, then sink. There is a guard rail there now, doubtful at that time, but if there was it was less resistant. However, she'd still need a reason to come this way so indirectly from the Katonah address, was she uncomfortable with 684?

Main question is her route from Katonah...684 would have been more likely to be plowed than the 'side road' route. But I'm also seeing mention of another stop at IBM. If Armonk HQ, she probably would've come down 684 again thereby missing dangerous sideroads.

I skated on ponds in the area, one could go from a solid area to a potentially dangerous one in just several feet. A car would certainly break through no problem, and not only wouldn't it take long, but other drivers inching along looking just a foot beyond their hood wouldn't notice. But was it even treacherous weather that day?

In regards to the area between Nanny Hagen and 22, (right lane of King Street along the water), in the 70s there would have been several spots to either crash (and probably found) or skid way out, then sink. There is a guard rail there now, doubtful at that time, but if there was it was less resistant. However, she'd still need a reason to come this way so indirectly from the Katonah address, was she uncomfortable with 684?

Main question is her route from Katonah...684 would have been more likely to be plowed than the 'side road' route. But I'm also seeing mention of another stop at IBM. If Armonk HQ, she probably would've come down 684 again thereby missing dangerous sideroads.

This is great intel. I have read in my research that Leslie did in fact plan to pick up her Mother at IBM HQ in Armonk and she never arrived. The #1 question is which route did she choose to get there. I agree that I-684 would have been the most direct and probably quickest route under normal weather conditions, but I also question the likeliness of a car accident on an interstate going unnoticed versus someone taking the back roads. Sadly, her intended path is unknown and this poses the greatest challenge for Mr. Leisek and his team.

Last edited:
Dom

Some people will avoid a road like rt 684 when the roads are bad because they erroneously feel safer on roads with a much lower speed limit, like Rt 22. I have no idea whether or not she did this, but if not, then where is she? I have a strong belief that the car somehow managed to end up in a body of water near whatever road she used.

Dom

Some people will avoid a road like rt 684 when the roads are bad because they erroneously feel safer on roads with a much lower speed limit, like Rt 22. I have no idea whether or not she did this, but if not, then where is she? I have a strong belief that the car somehow managed to end up in a body of water near whatever road she used.

Thank you. Like you, in my heart of hearts, I believe this was a water accident. While cars can be destroyed and hidden, it is much more difficult than hiding bodies, and since her car has never been found, this is what I hang my hat on. Funny part is, when I spoke to Detective Haynes, he agreed that this is probably a water recovery scenario.

Wow....after watching the Live session with Adventures with Purpose, and hearing Jared Leisek speak so confidently about this case, I am pumped!

Thank you. Like you, in my heart of hearts, I believe this was a water accident. While cars can be destroyed and hidden, it is much more difficult than hiding bodies, and since her car has never been found, this is what I hang my hat on. Funny part is, when I spoke to Detective Haynes, he agreed that this is probably a water recovery scenario.

In another case where a body was recovered in a submerged car after decades, the detective on that case stated a missing person with a missing car for a long period of time usually means they're in a body of water. So, I'm thinking this is the general consensus among law enforcement.

In another case where a body was recovered in a submerged car after decades, the detective on that case stated a missing person with a missing car for a long period of time usually means they're in a body of water. So, I'm thinking this is the general consensus among law enforcement.

This makes a ton of sense. While I acknowledge that precision sonar gear is very expensive, based on videos I have seen from AWP, I wonder how many cases COULD have been resolved sooner if local law enforcement could afford the gear.

This makes a ton of sense. While I acknowledge that precision sonar gear is very expensive, based on videos I have seen from AWP, I wonder how many cases COULD have been resolved sooner if local law enforcement could afford the gear.

It is expensive, and cost is also what prohibited water searches decades ago, including the case I was referring to. Plus, some searches might include multiple bodies of water along multiple routes, making it that much more cost prohibitive. And I wonder how many cases could have been, and could be, resolved if it were affordable, too.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back