DNA Doe Project - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way the press conference is scheduled for today, soon we will know their names. From “unidentified and missing people”Facebook page :
Announcement - IDENTIFIED - ✨ After 45 years details revealed tonight on News19 at 11pm. Press conference scheduled for Wednesday, January 20 at 11 am ✨ - The Sumter County Does, also known as Jock Doe and Jane Doe, two unidentified homicide victims found in Sumter County, South Carolina on August 9, 1976

Case was worked on by Non for Profit genetic genealogy org DNA Doe Project
===

By the way the press conference is scheduled for today, soon we will know their names. From “unidentified and missing people”Facebook page :
Announcement - IDENTIFIED - ✨ After 45 years details revealed tonight on News19 at 11pm. Press conference scheduled for Wednesday, January 20 at 11 am ✨ - The Sumter County Does, also known as Jock Doe and Jane Doe, two unidentified homicide victims found in Sumter County, South Carolina on August 9, 1976

Case was worked on by Non for Profit genetic genealogy org DNA Doe Project
===
Which time zone?

I have checked today and it seems Live Oak Doe Namus page is down. Not sure if it is an error or it was removed.
Looks like Unidentified Wiki noticed this as well as they have the purple banner on Live Oak's page. Hopefully they were identified, but it could be similar to the Fond du Lac Jane Doe case. I sincerely hope it's the former though. We will just have to wait and see.

Names of the Sumter County Does have been released.

"Jock Doe" was James Freund, last seen in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

"Jane Doe" was Pamela Buckley, last seen in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
It feels so surreal, I remember stumbling upon their wikipedia page while working on some assignment in high school in 2013, and getting me at least somewhat interested in JD Cases, fast forward 8 years, now I'm editing the same wikipedia page with their real names.

After 44 years, one of the internet's favorite true crime mysteries is finally solved:
140060015_2822165461375554_948688070908631829_n.jpg

They'll most likely release information when they're ready.
I agee! We should be patient, hopefully there will be an announcement soon. But there are good news: it was unofficially confirmed that they were identified. A member of the websleuth has contacted the forensic anthropologist who was working on this case, and this person confirmed it

Now it is official. According to the pin post of the DNA Doe Project facebook page:
Live Oak Doe 1986 (TX) identified (details withheld)
So I think it means no announcement. Importantly, they have been identified and can rest in power.

Another DDP case is officially confirmed to be solved! One of the Green River victims (Gary Ridgway's victim) known as Jane Doe B-10 has been identified by the DDP team and confirmed by the LE as 14 year old Wendy Stephens (taken from the dedicated thread). She was only 14 years old...

Green River Killer: Youngest victim of serial killer identified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member