Found Deceased CO - Pamela Mae Buckley, 23, Colorado Springs, Dec 1975

Unfortunately, a lot of old missing persons reports are not entered online. Some states are in the process of doing so, which is probably how Pamela ended up in Namus. It’s too bad they didn’t (or couldn’t) specify that she was originally from Minnesota, as she would have been identified sooner.

But how would she have been identified sooner? No one thought that Jane Doe was from Minnesota, as far as I know.

Unfortunately, a lot of old missing persons reports are not entered online. Some states are in the process of doing so, which is probably how Pamela ended up in Namus. It’s too bad they didn’t (or couldn’t) specify that she was originally from Minnesota, as she would have been identified sooner.
Her missing report said that she was last seen in December of '75, but she wasn't killed until August of '76. That made it a challenge, too.

But how would she have been identified sooner? No one thought that Jane Doe was from Minnesota, as far as I know.

The Namus report only mentioned that she was missing from Colorado Springs. But she was born, raised, and spent most of her life in Minnesota. So I am not sure if that was included in the original report; it wasn’t reported in Namus, anyhow.

Also, I feel like the supposed Canada connection got a lot of people off track, in this case. Which, is understandable because this info. came from a witness that supposedly spoke to them. But, this also shows that sometimes witnesses aren't very reliable. This couple could have told him a story to make themselves sound more interesting, he may have mistaken this couple for another couple or he flat out fabricated that story.

So far my understanding, so far is, that PB apparently left her husband in Colorado Springs sometime in December 1975. She apparently started hitchhiking back East and at some point met JF and started a relationship or friendship with him. They decided to stick together while hitchhiking. I know my timeline is rough and bare minimum right now but, just going with what we know so far.

There are 1000s of people that go through missing persons photos and unidentified and compare. Turn it in and hope for a connection. Fortunately gedmatch just changed their policies again so hopefully more people will start getting matched. You no longer have to opt in.

There are 1000s of people that go through missing persons photos and unidentified and compare. Turn it in and hope for a connection. Fortunately gedmatch just changed their policies again so hopefully more people will start getting matched. You no longer have to opt in.

I’m so glad that GEDmatch made that change.

But if anyone had compared Pamela Buckley to SC Jane Doe, whether she was listed as from Colorado or Minnesota wouldn’t have mattered—everyone was sure that SC Jane Doe wasn’t local to the area where she died—the prevalent theories thought that she was from Canada, Argentina, Europe!

I am just kind of shocked that no one ever came forward to say they had seen her sing or perform at some point, during her travels. It's possible that maybe she didn't perform while on the road but, as others have already stated, I would think she would have done some busking for some quick money.

I am just kind of shocked that no one ever came forward to say they had seen her sing or perform at some point, during her travels. It's possible that maybe she didn't perform while on the road but, as others have already stated, I would think she would have done some busking for some quick money.
And she definitely would have been eye-catching. I agree.

No Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP62300
Pamela Mae Buckley
Nickname/Alias: Eve Buckley; Eve Kennel

Female, White / Caucasian
Height 5' 7" (67 Inches)
Weight 125 lbs

Hair Color Blond/Strawberry
Eye Color Green

Circumstances
Date of Last Contact December 1, 1975
NamUs Case Created December 6, 2019
Last Known Location Map
Location Colorado Springs, Colorado
El Paso County

Circumstances of Disappearance
Pamela was last seen by family in Colorado Springs, Colorado in December of 1975.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Please help find a photo of Pamela and more info.
@Gardener1850, I just want to take a second to thank you for starting so many of these threads. It's touching to me that people like you put these stories of the missing out there. And sometimes, the story comes together, like it did today for Pamela.

So far my understanding, so far is, that PB apparently left her husband in Colorado Springs sometime in December 1975. She apparently started hitchhiking back East and at some point met JF and started a relationship or friendship with him. They decided to stick together while hitchhiking. I know my timeline is rough and bare minimum right now but, just going with what we know so far.

Interesting. Curious where this information came from?

Triss...I like your (new) pic avatar.....
RIP Pamela....we have waited for you and James to have your names back for so long!!
Thank you :) It's nice to finally be able to replace a reconstruction with a photo of a real person who once lived and loved.
And it's been so long indeed! But I think I can speak for all of us when I'm saying we never lost hope.

Am I the only one finding it all so odd. In the presser yesterday he said they were unsure of how they knew each other. Both were reported missing at similar times, both from different states, then turn up dead, wouldn’t report where they were heading and said were working with “different agencies” regarding that. Then within that 8 months before they are found dead neither contact their families or friends.

Am I the only one finding it all so odd. In the presser yesterday he said they were unsure of how they knew each other. Both were reported missing at similar times, both from different states, then turn up dead, wouldn’t report where they were heading and said were working with “different agencies” regarding that. Then within that 8 months before they are found dead neither contact their families or friends.
It is possible at least one of them was in contact with a friend who didn't know Jim and Pam were reported missing so they never came forward to confirm they were in touch during these 8 months. We'll never find out unless their friends share their stories.

It is possible at least one of them was in contact with a friend who didn't know Jim and Pam were reported missing so they never came forward to confirm they were in touch during these 8 months. We'll never find out unless their friends share their stories.

Remember the phrase: “long-distance phone call?” They were expensive, and some people just weren’t into letter-writing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back