Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes if something is said publicly , it won’t up hold up in court as well.
Moo
My issue is with undisputed facts. For example, either LE recovered the bike, or they did not. LE either found SM’s helmet or they did not. Withholding information like this just because you can, is petty, in my opinion and a chosen philosophical approach.

I believe there are sheriffs out there who would have taken a much more transparent approach to this case, who would in the same time frame, arrive at the same conclusions and experience the same successes.

LS states in her latest interview with MK that people in Salida are afraid to talk. If true, that is not a ‘healthy’ community. The Sheriff isn’t talking either, which doesn’t help, in my opinion.

Last edited:
BBM-- Really ??
I haven't seen or read anything about them separating and have watched many, many PE videos.
Do you know more about this??
I am just curious as I really like the 2 of them together.
I was always under the impression that PE was CMs channel and Mike was a good friend and guest. I don't believe that has changed.

I was always under the impression that PE was CMs channel and Mike was a good friend and guest. I don't believe that has changed.
Maybe, but MK stated that he will not be a guest on CM’s premiere show, and that he too, will listening to hear what BM has to say. I found it a little strange that MK would have no idea what BM shared with CM in his latest interview.

I believe it's the other way around. Mike and Chris are old friends, and PE is Mike's channel. Chris just came on as a guest for Choir Practice, and they both took an interest in Suzanne's case, but it was never a permanent thing.

Re the latest PE video:
1). MG still has some of the tools BM left in the hotel room?!?!
2). GD and TN “sizing up” MG. This was allegedly Tuesday, 5/12, when MG, JP, and CC got back from Broomfield. I think TN was starting to have some doubts about BM. He dropped out of the picture the following week after initially starting out as the family spokesman and overseer of the GF account. He did not refer to BM by name, only as “the husband”. That was probably at BM’s request, (demand) which TN might have found strange. TN was also telling the public to pressure LE about the condition of the bike. I think TN may have been uncomfortable about approaching MG in Salida that day.
3) GD also saw the bike being pulled up from where it was found? LS originally said after her interview with GD that he had received a call from another FF telling him that the bike had been found. GD said he then called BM. BM said, “You’ve heard?” “Are you heading over there?” GD then went to the location. LS said that GD was the third person to see the bike being raised. Who was the third person? If they were raising it when GD got there, I would guess they had at least 10-15 minutes to photograph, finger print, and otherwise document/examine it before bringing it up. We don’t know who spotted it or found it or how long afterwards it was that some of BM’s friends began arriving at the scene.
4). I wish MK had pressed LS a little more about the Broomfield hotel. She seemed to be careful about saying when/how long she thought BM was there. Instead of saying Sunday, she would say Mother’s Day weekend. I think she probably knows when that room was reserved but may have been asked by LE to not publicize it at this time.
MOO
One of the questions someone asked Mike and Lauren was if BM collected life insurance. They said "great question" and answered that they didn't know the answer. Wouldn't someone have to be declared dead to collect on their life insurance policy?

My issue is with undisputed facts. For example, either LE recovered the bike, or they did not. LE either found SM’s helmet or they did not. Withholding information like this just because you can, is petty, in my opinion and a chosen philosophical approach.

I believe there are sheriffs out there who would have taken a much more transparent approach to this case, who would in the same time frame, arrive at the same conclusions and experience the same successes.

LS states in her latest interview with MK that people in Salida are afraid to talk. If true, that is not a ‘healthy’ community. The Sheriff isn’t talking either, which doesn’t help, in my opinion.
I agree, and I’ve seen this before when people are afraid to talk in small towns especially . People need to be brave, and say something.

Moo

Last edited:
Hi All, not posting a lot, but always reading. Very hopeful that tonight’s event will answer some questions. I continue to feel positive (at least most of the time) that justice will prevail, especially with the new DA Linda Stanley sworn in. Very thankful for people like Lauren, Chris, and Mike, to keep going! 51 threads is too much... Suzanne, you are always on my/our mind!!!!

#JUSTICEFORSUZANNE

Every time I open this case I think of you @NoSI. Driving around, the photos, the palpable sense of how daunting the task of find SM is. Thanks again for doing that, it made it very real.

@elliefant... Oh, I gladly did that. Felt a sense of purpose so it was really good for me as well. Just so sad that Suzanne hasn’t been found and the guilty party is still out there doing whatever the guilty party is doing (and not doing)... Biting my tongue here so not a word I want to say escapes….

Perhaps LE has not entirely discounted Broomfield. It feels like a dead end to me, but if they are keeping information quiet they may not have eliminated the comings and going in and around Broomfield yet. I also think it is possible LE has gotten leery of social media so are keeping things tight to maintain integrity of the case.

I personally think they have eliminated Bloomfield. I do not think they are done with the house or the property and surrounding properties at Puma. I dont think they are done with close acquaintances either. Something very early on set the tone with LE, just thinking that the odds are in favor of something closer to home being locked away in the LE vault. Meaning IMO I believe there minds were made up prior to much research at Bloomfield.

I personally think they have eliminated Bloomfield. I do not think they are done with the house or the property and surrounding properties at Puma. I dont think they are done with close acquaintances either. Something very early on set the tone with LE, just thinking that the odds are in favor of something closer to home being locked away in the LE vault. Meaning IMO I believe there minds were made up prior to much research at Bloomfield.
I agree, and I think it’s going to be an area that he’s familiar with and close by to. His personality is very controlling and and I feel like he is going to also need to be in control of where she would be.Moo

This is part of the transcription of TD’s video recording when he met BM.
My opinion was that BM was very frustrated that LE didn’t buy his story; hook, line, and sinker. I think he was deflecting. He laid out the perfect scene and LE messed it up.
Most folks, if their spouse was missing in these circumstances, would come flying up to the scene and begin running around looking themselves. Many times LE has to hold them back.
BM arrived and is mad that LE is searching for his wife when they should have been standing around waiting for the Crime Scene Unit to arrive. :rolleyes:

Referring to SM's bike:

I like the "10 other people touched it" statement. Not 9, not 11, but exactly 10.o_O

SMH.

The interview was very disappointing to say the least. I'm still waiting for the live portion to start.

Yes, i was so hopeful. One takeaway... Good ole you know who is still feeling like he is a victim... "i can't trust anyone" or something to that effect... Well... At least you are alive... Sorry... I want justice for Suzanne so very bad...

The PE call to Barry begins at 12:30 in this video. CM told Barry he was calling because he saw BM putting up flyers, and he wanted to know how he can help. Basically BM said he didn’t trust anyone, has been burned, doesn’t trust YouTube guys, people haven’t been genuine, 25 people have called him, etc. He ended up hanging up. Talked a little longer than we expected, but hung up on CM, as predicted.

Last edited:
The PE call to Barry begins at 12:30 in this video. CM told Barry he was calling because he saw BM putting up flyers, and he wanted to know how he can help. Basically BM said he didn’t trust anyone, has been burned, doesn’t trust YouTube guys, people haven’t been genuine, 25 people have called him, etc. He ended up hanging up. Talked a little longer than we expected, but hung up on CM, as predicted.

Curious, what did you think WS'ers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members