DOI - Misinformation

Solace

Reaction score
Just happened to look at DOI yesterday. I can never read it for more than 15 minutes at a time - because John sounds like he is talking to five year olds as he explains his line of bull $h#@. I just thought it would be an interesting thread to post what anyone finds as a small white lie to an out and out fabrication.

For starters, in the very beginning of the book John is speaking (tlhey take turns insulting the reader). Anyway, John is speaking about the indiscretion of the police when they arrived, hoping they would have been more discreet. I was specifically looking for his addressing his friends arriving - since they too were NOT DISCREET, but were invited by Patsy. And this is how he states it.

"Eventually, our friends arrive". He does not say Patsy called them. He does not say we were afraid that JB would be beheaded so we asked our friends to come over through the back, nothing like this. They just walk in the front door as the indiscreet police do. That is all John says "our friends arrived". :liar:

Patsy's part says she called them,right under the RN,if you have the pprback version,p. 12.Then she goes on to say "I slam the phone back into it's cradle on the wall"...a flat outright lie,just to cover her tracks about what was heard at the end of the 911 tape of the call.

"Eventually, our friends arrive". He does not say Patsy called them. He does not say we were afraid that JB would be beheaded so we asked our friends to come over through the back, nothing like this. They just walk in the front door as the indiscreet police do. That is all John says "our friends arrived". :liar:

he glosses over a heck of a lot in that book.like no mention of JB wearing the oversized underwear,or how that came to be.I've often wondered if his comment that JB couldn't read was him trying to say she put them on herself.
as well as the part where ST says Stewart heard JR say(p.21),in the van they were sitting in,that he'd found JB at 11am.JR generalizes that part tremendously,saying only that he walked over and told the big kids JB was gone,they started crying,and that 'the scene was so distorted that I remember little of what was said or done'.Stewart also said Patsy was standing in the front yard wearing a pair of fur-lined boots,but JR says 'I see Patsy running across the street towards us'. He practically calls Stewart a liar.

he glosses over a heck of a lot in that book.like no mention of JB wearing the oversized underwear,or how that came to be.I've often wondered if his comment that JB couldn't read was him trying to say she put them on herself.
as well as the part where ST says Stewart heard JR say(p.21),in the van they were sitting in,that he'd found JB at 11am.JR generalizes that part tremendously,saying only that he walked over and told the big kids JB was gone,they started crying,and that 'the scene was so distorted that I remember little of what was said or done'.Stewart also said Patsy was standing in the front yard wearing a pair of fur-lined boots,but JR says 'I see Patsy running across the street towards us'. He practically calls Stewart a liar.

I wonder what he thinks of Mr. Long. Also JMO, why do you think Stewart came forward?

There was fur found in JBR's hands, I believe. Or somewhere on her. I may have even been identified as beaver fur. When asked if she owned any fur boots or clothing, PR denied it. Yet she left the house wearing a fur coat and fur boots. I bet LE never got to test those items to see if it matched the fur found on JBR.

I wonder what he thinks of Mr. Long.

I don't know,but I bet JR watches what he says around him now.

Also JMO, why do you think Stewart came forward?

I think Melinda found herself a nice,honest guy who always does the right thing,in spite of circumstances that might have led to him not saying a word.(risking his relationship w. her).I'd say she's one lucky lady.

And as soon as June of 1997, the Ramsey house had been cleared out and was being renovated, with new paint and carpet. Why would the Rs be renovating the house just six months after the murder, when there may still have been evidence there that could have proved an intruder was there - and maybe even help them figure out who it was so no other little girls would ever have to be targeted by JB's killer? Good thing for all of us that JB's killer has never struck again in the same way he struck the Ramseys.

Here's another one - I'm pretty sure the Rs say in DOI that JonBenet hadn't lost any teeth yet, but I have a picture that shows her clearly looking like there is a tooth gone on the bottom row of teeth. She's smiling so widely that it looks like she wants to show off that the tooth is missing.

I thought that after the Rs moved back to Atlanta, that the R home was bought by a group of their friends. I don't remember where I read that. I was under the impression that the Rs were not the ones who pulled up the carpet and repainted, though it may have been done at their (or their lawyers') request.
And of course, it was done to destroy evidence that pointed to THEM, so they weren't worried about destroying evidence that pointed to an intruder.

I recall something about the house being sold and proceeds were to go to the JBR Foundation...IOW-them.go figure.probably just a tax write -off for them.
I don't know why it wasn't, though.

I thought that after the Rs moved back to Atlanta, that the R home was bought by a group of their friends. I don't remember where I read that. I was under the impression that the Rs were not the ones who pulled up the carpet and repainted, though it may have been done at their (or their lawyers') request.
And of course, it was done to destroy evidence that pointed to THEM, so they weren't worried about destroying evidence that pointed to an intruder.

Yes, it was Mike Bynum and another partner who bought the home. There were three college kids who rented the house until it was sold. The profits from the home were to go to the JBR Foundation but we know what happened to that plan.

Yes, it was Mike Bynum and another partner who bought the home. There were three college kids who rented the house until it was sold. The profits from the home were to go to the JBR Foundation but we know what happened to that plan.

How convenient for the Rs....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back