Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe at this point, he's just incredibly lucky. For now.[/QUOTE
Barry doesn’t have any of those types of friends in his life though. It’s amazing to me how some want to create characters of people that simply don’t exist.
what do you mean exactly ? I didn’t really specify what type of “friends“ I meant.

On the contrary, with Suzanne not being found and seemingly no evidence of murder or a crime, if he did do something to Suzanne, wouldn’t these factors make him have a highly organized mind? I mean he’s either incredibly stupid like everyone believes and makes him to be such, or he’s incredibly brilliant for pulling it off.

No PUBLIC evidence of a murder or crime. But given the fact that two search warrants were executed on the house, I would be shocked if LE didn’t have quite a bit of evidence.

BM has also had inconsistencies in his interviews with LE and his EVI. Combine that with an outrageously sloppy alibi and I don’t think we’re dealing with a brilliant mind.

We are dealing with a crime that most likely did not have witnesses, occurred in one of the most remote areas in the country, and allowed for some amount of time for a coverup to occur. So you can call that luck or ideal circumstances to commit a murder.

Barry doesn’t have any of those types of friends in his life though. It’s amazing to me how some want to create characters of people that simply don’t exist.

Well in that respect, everyone has friends. So what do you mean exactly?
I meant just friends, that maybe didn’t want to believe he could possibly do anything to her ... and now they may think differently. I don’t think Barry has any friends in the mob or anything !

moo

[QUOTE="Force Ten, post: 16589588, he’s either incredibly stupid like everyone believes and makes him to be such, or he’s incredibly brilliant for pulling it off.[/QUOTE]
we’ll find out when we read the arrest affidavit- i have no doubt in my mind it’s coming. My gut says he’ll be arrested on Mother’s day 2021.

No PUBLIC evidence of a murder or crime. But given the fact that two search warrants were executed on the house, I would be shocked if LE didn’t have quite a bit of evidence.

BM has also had inconsistencies in his interviews with LE and his EVI. Combine that with an outrageously sloppy alibi and I don’t think we’re dealing with a brilliant mind.

We are dealing with a crime that most likely did not have witnesses, occurred in one of the most remote areas in the country, and allowed for some amount of time for a coverup to occur. So you can call that luck or ideal circumstances to commit a murder.
Warrants being executed doesn’t mean anything substantial was found. It makes sense to do this though considering it’s her last known whereabouts.

We don’t know if there was inconsistencies in his interviews. Nothing from LE. I can’t go with what a 3rd party has stated that can’t be validated.

Innocent or guilty, why would you ever take a polygraph test? It's a no win. LE is already looking at you if they ask, and they are not working to prove you innocent.

Imagine that your child has been abducted. It's early hours into the investigation and LE has not ruled you out.

Would you not immediately agree to take a polygraph? Beg to? Because you know you are innocent and you want LE to move past you immediately so the investigation can proceed swiftly? Wouldn't you do ANYTHING to find your loved one?

If you are innocent, that is?

Warrants being executed doesn’t mean anything substantial was found. It makes sense to do this though considering it’s her last known whereabouts.

We don’t know if there was inconsistencies in his interviews. Nothing from LE. I can’t go with what a 3rd party has stated that can’t be validated.
Barry himself talked about his inconstancy with his timeline and lack of information he gave them because he was “tired” from hours of talking .

Right and he gave a very minute detail about it. Much of what is out there regarding it is assumed.
Him leaving out the part about leaving and the bob cat is a Huge deal IMO . Just put yourself in that scenario, if you were being questioned and talking to the police and the FBI about your wife missing you cannot leave out that detail at all and it’s a big detail because he left supposedly left her there so what if somebody came back in while he had gone? I mean it’s just a huge detail and I think he purposely left it out.
Moo

The link below was approved as a one time source, and was posted on page 19 of the Media Thread, post #369. I think you can hear AM more clearly in this video than in the PE video that I posted earlier. AM called in to this program.

Andy Moorman’s call starts at the 44:00 mark, and at approx the 1:00:25 mark, AM states that Barry told him he went through 25 hours of LE interrogation, AM assumed that he would have been asked and taken the LDT & CVSA tests sometime during those 25 hours (makes sense), but then when CBI was out in IN, they told AM that no, BM refused to take the tests on day 4. I think it’s safe to assume BM was asked to take the test at the conclusion of his 25 hours of interrogation, and day 4 makes sense to me because between day #1-3 (remember BM said 3-30 hours of interviews with LE), is when LE would have been getting his story, asking all their questions, follow-up questions, taking notes. Then after reviewing their notes etc., LE asked him to take the tests. They most likely called him to come to the station on day 4, asked him to take the tests to back up his story, he refused, and left.
That was that.

At any rate, BM would have been interrogated by LE in the very early days considering his wife vanished, time is of the essence, and SOP is to rule the Spouse/last person to have seen the victim out as quickly as possible. It follows that BM was asked and refused to take the tests at the conclusion of his 25 hours of interrogation-on day 4, which IMO would have been no later than Thursday, 5/14/20.

And of course, we have BM telling LS he was never asked to take the tests.

IMO it is clear who is lying, and it ain’t AM or CBI.

All of the above is IMHOO
Good post, @fcavanaugh. wasn’t it on Wednesday that Sheriff John Spezze said that BM was cooperating and that he “hoped he continued to do so”? Maybe he was referring to the fact that they were about to ask him or had just asked him to take the poly and the CVA.

Last edited:
I would hope so ! Honestly he probably goes back to where she is , if he did do this .

moo
I always remember the Fire Chief saying how BM paced around the house he was staying in, constantly looking out the window to see if he could see SM.
I’d love to know the vantage point from those windows. Was he watching the searchers? Were they getting close?

IMO - I cannot imagine a scenario where LE (including local, state and feds) would have authority (or even manpower) to keep surveillance on BM or any other suspect in this case for 8 + months. No way. My opinion LE is not keep an eye on BM.

You ar
IMO - I cannot imagine a scenario where LE (including local, state and feds) would have authority (or even manpower) to keep surveillance on BM or any other suspect in this case for 8 + months. No way. My opinion LE is not keep an eye on BM.
You’re probably right . I do think they most likely have figured out that it’s him , now they just need to find her .
Moo

and did I read that right that the population is less than 200 people ?

I always remember the Fire Chief saying how BM paced around the house he was staying in, constantly looking out the window to see if he could see SM.
I’d love to know the vantage point from those windows. Was he watching the searchers? Were they getting close?
Was the house he was staying at a neighbors ? I can just see this happening ... him originally thinking ahead and assuming they may check his house , land . So maybe he had her somewhere else until he knew that was done ... then he brought her back to their home . She is somewhere right at home outside? . I think they need to go back and search his house . They were married for a really long time , he is going to want to keep her close to “home “.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member