Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now the AP’s parental right are temporarily suspended with their children in protective custody. Therefore the permission & would come from the State, correct? IMO
I suppose if the parents had refused to provide photos to police the courts could order them to provide a picture but apparently the ones they provided were sufficient. LE has never said the pictures were outdated or the kids may look different now. Imo

This is from yesterday and I've seen other articles about the vigil, but this one is new to me.

JAN 26, 2021
Candlelight vigil held for missing West boys | News | desertnews.com
[...]

The Jan. 25 vigil was organized by California City residents JW and JW, who have helped coordinate searches for the boys since December.

[...]

He [Chief Walker] said it was important to keep Orson and Orrin in the news, and when asked by media outlets if he thinks the boys were dead, has rejected the notion.

“I refuse to think that and that somehow, someway we are going to find them,” Walkers aid. “I am open to anyone that has any information, please bring it to me.”

Walker also asked that people respectfully not trespass on the property of the West home, as it may interfere in the police department’s investigation.

“We’re trying to exhaust every possible avenue that we have,” he said. “People have asked me if this is a cold case, and by no means … we have not given up.”

[...]

Disappearance of two brothers stuns California City: 'Where are the boys'

1200x0.jpg

Jan 27, 2021

The small community of California City, a desert town in Kern County, has been haunted for over a month by the disappearance of two young residents, Orrin and Orson West.

[..]

The West brothers are the adopted sons of Trezell and Jacqueline West. Orrin is 4, and Orson is 3. The couple say they began fostering Orrin and Orson in 2018 and officially completed the adoption process in 2019.

[..]

The boys were reported missing by the Wests on the evening of Dec. 21, 2020.

According to Trezell West, Orrin and Orson were playing outside their home at 10717 Aspen Ave., where they had moved from Bakersfield in September. Jacqueline was inside wrapping Christmas presents, and Trezell said he was outside collecting firewood.

[..]

West says he then drove around the neighborhood looking for the boys until the sun began to set. At that point, he says Jacqueline decided it was time to call the police and report the boys missing.

[..]

Police K9s caught the boys’ scent inside the house but not outside. Searches of the home and the Wests’ vehicle yielded nothing of note.

[..]

Walker said a canvass of the neighborhood turned up an odd detail: No neighbor could ever recall seeing the boys outside the West home.

After repeated searches of the property, including digging up the backyard, Walker told reporters on Dec. 29 foul play cannot be ruled out in the boys’ disappearance.

[..]

Police so far have not confirmed whether anyone is a suspect. Walker said the adoptive parents were asked to take a lie detector test, but he did not say whether they actually ended up taking the test. Police said the Wests have been cooperative. They have since relocated back to Bakersfield, which is also where the West boys’ biological mother lives.

JANUARY 25, 2021

Here's what authorities have done so far in the case.
  1. Excavated the parents backyard, to make sure the boys weren't buried underneath.
  2. Used search dogs which found the scent of the boys inside the home, but not outside as they were reported to be before disappearing.
  3. Used cadaver dogs inside the home -- no scent of human remains detected.
  4. Search warrant used to collect items from the home, including adoptive parents cell phones, ipads and other electronic devices. Phones have since been returned.
  5. Adoptive parents van tested with luminol - no indication of blood found.
  6. Spoke neighbors in the area. No positive ID of any of the Wests 6 children. Walker says the family only moved to California City in September. They previously lived in Bakersfield.
  7. The parents, extended family members, and others were interviewed.
  8. The West's four other children were removed from the home.
  9. LE and volunteers searched a 5-mile radius in the desert.
  10. Unmarked police cars have surveilled/are surveilling the area.
  11. LE asked the parents and multiple others to take polygraphs.
  12. LE has reviewed/is still reviewing security video, body cam footage and interviews.
  13. LE has searched the homes of (12?) SO's in the area.
  14. Ongoing analysis of [potential] evidence is taking place in Bakersfield.
  15. The home has been searched multiple times including the shed, the attic, the chimney and the plumbing.
  16. Searched adoptive parents previous properties in Bakersfield
  17. Searched former Saddle Ranch Resort property
  18. Various agencies gathered "statistical" information of the home's perimeter while using drones from above for imaging.
  19. Measurements and photographs were taken from inside and outside the home and the gate was further examined.
  20. As of 12/29, LE's review of video has shown
    • No sign of the boys leaving by the side gate that TW said he left open
    • No sign of an animal or someone else going in to get the boys
    • Source: Bakersfield Now
According to Walker, the last time the boys were seen by anyone other than the Wests was by their grandmother in Bakersfield. Walker was unable to comment on when that occurred.

Before that, Walker said someone other than family also saw the boys in Bakersfield. Walker was unable to comment on that date as well.

Sources:

Great synopsis. My mind is made up.

Cal City extends reward for info on missing boys

Jan 17, 2021

Updated with correction: $30,000 has been put up by the extended family of the boys' adopted parents. Not by Trezell and Jacqueline West.

CALIFORNIA CITY — The $25,000 reward committed by California City for information in finding brothers Orson West, three, and Orrin West, four, was extended to Jan. 26.

[..]

The overall reward money in finding Orson and Orrin West has grown to $100,000 as of Wednesday.

So far GreenStone Cannabis Dispensary, Preferred Towing, Murphy’s Pools and Spas, Victory Baptist Church and West Coast Reality have contributed to the reward for information in finding the missing boys.

[..]

The information that leads to finding the West boys must also lead to an arrest and conviction in order to collect the reward committed by the city.

Last edited:
Disappearance of two brothers stuns California City: 'Where are the boys'

1200x0.jpg

Jan 27, 2021

The small community of California City, a desert town in Kern County, has been haunted for over a month by the disappearance of two young residents, Orrin and Orson West.

[..]

The West brothers are the adopted sons of Trezell and Jacqueline West. Orrin is 4, and Orson is 3. The couple say they began fostering Orrin and Orson in 2018 and officially completed the adoption process in 2019.

[..]

The boys were reported missing by the Wests on the evening of Dec. 21, 2020.

According to Trezell West, Orrin and Orson were playing outside their home at 10717 Aspen Ave., where they had moved from Bakersfield in September. Jacqueline was inside wrapping Christmas presents, and Trezell said he was outside collecting firewood.

[..]

West says he then drove around the neighborhood looking for the boys until the sun began to set. At that point, he says Jacqueline decided it was time to call the police and report the boys missing.

[..]

Police K9s caught the boys’ scent inside the house but not outside. Searches of the home and the Wests’ vehicle yielded nothing of note.

[..]

Walker said a canvass of the neighborhood turned up an odd detail: No neighbor could ever recall seeing the boys outside the West home.

After repeated searches of the property, including digging up the backyard, Walker told reporters on Dec. 29 foul play cannot be ruled out in the boys’ disappearance.

[..]

Police so far have not confirmed whether anyone is a suspect. Walker said the adoptive parents were asked to take a lie detector test, but he did not say whether they actually ended up taking the test. Police said the Wests have been cooperative. They have since relocated back to Bakersfield, which is also where the West boys’ biological mother lives.
Hi friend! :)

The bolded is not accurate. Below is what TW said starting at 1:47 in the full interview of the parents which is posted here: CA - CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE - NO DISCUSSION

TW: So then I came home and I told my wife, "You need to call the cops. It's getting dark and I need help - we gotta get goin'."

Last edited:
Hi friend! :)

The bolded is not accurate. This is what TW said starting at 1:47 in the full interview of the parents which is posted here: CA - CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE - NO DISCUSSION

TW: So then I came home and I told my wife, "You need to call the cops. It's getting dark and I need help - we gotta get goin'."

Thanks @PommyMommy.

The Sfgate.com news update (a month after the 12/27 live interview) is very long and the inaccuracy is probably why no direct quotes in their article.

Nonetheless, what surprises me most is that TW did not appear to ever search on foot, door to door, and only makes reference to driving around in the van searching before they (parents) were allegedly asked by LE to stay inside the house. I think it would be very difficult to spot 3 & 4-year-olds from the roadway-- unless they were walking in the middle of the street.

MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone even get into the house to see how many presents? How would they know if something was an existing item or was an as-yet-unwrapped present? Did they get a guided tour of every room? Can they confirm they looked in all the cupboards and there were no presents hidden from curious little ones until the big day?

I’ve no idea if there were zero presents, 1 present, or many presents, but I don’t see how the bio mom could have seen enough to know.

I don't think it's everyone's assumption, it's just the story the dad told police and the media. He said they were playing with chalk on the back patio. And yes, he never mentioned whether or not they used it to make any drawings. Again, just because he said it doesn't mean it actually happened that way. Imo
Launching off your post. The natural assumption based on what TW said in the press video would be - they were drawing on the patio with chalk. I've never heard of edible chalk, so I don't think they were snacking on it.

The word salad is getting to be a bit much. I think if we stick with MSM links it will kept the discussion more focused, JMO.

Launching off your post. The natural assumption based on what TW said in the press video would be - they were drawing on the patio with chalk. I've never heard of edible chalk, so I don't think they were snacking on it.

The word salad is getting to be a bit much. I think if we stick with MSM links it will kept the discussion more focused, JMO.
BBM

Good idea! Thank you @Knox!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members