TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can hear Liz gasp in fear though, several seconds before the shooting. She is definitely scared. I wonder if the shooter told her not to move or run. Or if once the shooter was up close, she knew the person.

I think she didn't, only because if she lived, she could have identified her killer, but who knows. She did survive until the afternoon of the next day. Since she was aware that she was being shot, I wonder if she knew or figured out the "reason" or the "who" behind the crime, or if she was told the real "reason" by the shooter. Even if the shooter didn't know about the doorbell camera, they'd know it was a possibility, and they'd know their voice could get recorded? But knowing the actual range of the camera would be tough to do without inside information.

I wonder if the person who planned this studied the Missy Beaver unsolved murder. Then there's the Amanda Blackburn case which also comes to mind. There were some very bizarre coincidences in that case, but it was committed by random robbers and murderers according to the investigation, and those men got apprehended. But I don't think this was random and the police have been clear about that from the beginning.

I definitely get Missy Bevers vibes from this case. I can't believe that's still unsolved :(
I have thoughts about Amanda Blackburn... suspects were charged and still awaiting trial so it's still not proven beyond reasonable doubt what happened there.

I'm somewhat familiar with Missy Bever's case but had to look it up to refresh - it's crazy that it hasn't been solved yet either. Terrifying to think there can be video and/or audio in a case and it still goes cold. Like the Delphi murders as well. :(

I hadn't heard of Amanda Blackburn but I looked her case up as well. Awful :(

I'm somewhat familiar with Missy Bever's case but had to look it up to refresh - it's crazy that it hasn't been solved yet either. Terrifying to think there can be video and/or audio in a case and it still goes cold. Like the Delphi murders as well. :(

I hadn't heard of Amanda Blackburn but I looked her case up as well. Awful :(
And Jennifer Kesse.

I definitely get Missy Bevers vibes from this case. I can't believe that's still unsolved :(
I have thoughts about Amanda Blackburn... suspects were charged and still awaiting trial so it's still not proven beyond reasonable doubt what happened there.
I don't see the connection at all to the circumstances of Missy Bevers or Amanda Blackburns deaths: in those cases there's no evidence the women were targeted, although imaginative people have tried mighty hard to invent such evidence. In this case, the targetting of the victim is clear.

Something I just thought about - her dad seemed certain that she didn't know the killer based on her saying Good morning the way she did versus a different greeting. After watching Gray's video with the audio synced up with the original footage, She greets them just as they step out of the truck. I think it's still very possible that she knew the person but didn't recognize them from that distance, especially if they wore a disguise.

Something I just thought about - her dad seemed certain that she didn't know the killer based on her saying Good morning the way she did versus a different greeting. After watching Gray's video with the audio synced up with the original footage, She greets them just as they step out of the truck. I think it's still very possible that she knew the person but didn't recognize them from that distance, especially if they wore a disguise.
I agree. And only when they're up close and she jumps back dies she realize who it was and that they were there with bad intentions.

Hi I believe she was alive for 24 hrs, did they check the hospital for visitors or surveillance there? If they know the truck details, isn't it fairly easy for cops to track it down?

I hope they did but of course we don't know.
I figured it would be pretty easy for them to find the truck but I don't know

It surprises me that her section of the 501st hasn't shared anything about her case beyond when it first happened on their Facebook page. With her being so involved in it, I figured they would be more outspoken seeking justice for one of their own.

I don't see the connection at all to the circumstances of Missy Bevers or Amanda Blackburns deaths: in those cases there's no evidence the women were targeted, although imaginative people have tried mighty hard to invent such evidence. In this case, the targetting of the victim is clear.

OT but Missy was definitely targeted in my opinion.

OT also but when I saw that the murderer of James Faith drove the same type of truck, it really unsettled me. Crazy, I know. I don't think that particular truck/color is THAT popular. Maybe I'm wrong.

James Faith's murderer had a very personal motive though. Unless he can be connected to Elizabeth Barraza in some way I can't see how it'd be anything but a coincidence

Possible scenario: this shooter was between 18 and 32; I can't see someone 40 or older doing this. The number of shots including the final one being what it was, was part of the instructions this person followed. But now this person lives with the experience which included Liz falling to the ground, surviving for another day, donating her heart, liver, kidneys, and corneas, and sees in news reports the stress and grief the family has to continue to go through. And sees the video being dissected and repeated on the media which will continue to happen no matter what. So if this person was an amateur who was hired or convinced or both, then it's possible that this is taking a toll on this person, and they are self-medicating and failing in their life. Also I don't see this person as being someone who is likely to never mention this to anyone ever. (just my thoughts).

Thanks. Do you think a federal or out-of-state warrant, such as a phone corporation, internet, etc., could explain why so far there's no way to find the warrant?

Later this week it will be the 2-year anniversary. Thoughts and prayers with her family.
Results of warrant could expose who killed woman setting up garage sale
Even if it’s federal or in another state, if it is related to this case then they are supposed to turn it over because it would be a warrant that they “have access to”.

so i listened to the amplified version gray did and at the 1:35:30 mark on part 2, the shooter says:
Shooter: elizabeth ... sorry ... I was sent by the force.

btw its a males voice and, what i heard makes sense because of her being into star wars.
I don’t hear identifiable words at all. Gray Hughes apparently didn’t either.

I keep forgetting about the note business. Hopefully the killer’s fingerprints are on it.

We’ve convinced ourselves multiple times in this thread that the shooter must have have had a great deal of knowledge to plan so precisely. But the more I look, the more I don’t see a precise plan. In fact, I’m starting to wonder if the plan fell apart because he knew nothing about the garage sale and didn’t expect to find Elizabeth outside in the driveway.

Is it possible that the shooter really only knew where Elizabeth lived and a window of opportunity after her husband would have left for work? On any other Friday would the husband leave earlier than Elizabeth? Was the plan to walk right up, knock on the door and kill her in her home?

Did he plan to park where he did so that Elizabeth wouldn’t see or recognize the truck as she opened the door? Seems like an odd choice to park there otherwise. Not a clean exit either... almost looks rattled, maybe a sense of panic when the plan didn’t go down the way he thought it would.

And finally, four shots from a large caliber handgun outside, in the open and in plain view, in a relatively quiet part of town? Was that part of a plan to get away unnoticed?

I’m starting to think the disguise was intended to conceal his identity from possible witnesses as he walked up to the house and then back to his truck. Had he simply walked up and walked back the only description would have been of a woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie