Found Deceased TX - Lauren Elizabeth Thompson, 32, Panola County, 10 Jan 2019 *called 911, car found in a ditch*

Merely my opinion...
I feel like the family (particularly the mom) so desperately wanted answers at the beginning that many theories and stories presented was accepted. It’s understandable!!
I think there were many theories that have now been debunked by LE and the PI, that family (mother) is slowly starting to realize that. Again merely my opinion. That’s not to say some of the things shared by others have no truth in them, but I honestly feel LE is truly working hard & professionally at finding Lauren.
MOO IMO JMO!

It makes sense!
Since I’m not on FB I can’t read the comments, but I can find out!
Thank you!

The male was someone that Lauren thought was a friend. I think he really had evil intentions for her. The two females were mother and daughter who were longtime friends of the male, and maybe distant relatives. Sheriff Lake mentioned that the female's vehicle made contact with Lauren's vehicle. I think she was blocked in by the female's vehicle and the purpose was to keep Lauren from leaving. I have never understood how Lauren got away to be running through the woods. Possibly she was able to get away from the male since he was very frail and in the last stages of fighting cancer. My belief is that there was another vehicle and those chased her, caught her, put her in the car and left, while the others stayed behind to give whatever narrative they so desired.

The male was someone that Lauren thought was a friend. I think he really had evil intentions for her. The two females were mother and daughter who were longtime friends of the male, and maybe distant relatives. Sheriff Lake mentioned that the female's vehicle made contact with Lauren's vehicle. I think she was blocked in by the female's vehicle and the purpose was to keep Lauren from leaving. I have never understood how Lauren got away to be running through the woods. Possibly she was able to get away from the male since he was very frail and in the last stages of fighting cancer. My belief is that there was another vehicle and those chased her, caught her, put her in the car and left, while the others stayed behind to give whatever narrative they so desired.

I’m on board with this theory. To expand on it...
They all could have planned to do something “shady” whether it be hunting illegally, getting high or had already done something sketchy that could get them in trouble, Lauren got spooked and wanted to bail. The male friend riding with Lauren called the people in the other car to warn them, and they blocked her in when she pulled over. Already a somewhat paranoid person, Lauren is afraid they’re going to turn on her and she takes off. It’s possible these friends actually *were* after her. Just not committed enough to the cause to chase after her and stop her from ratting them out ....or if she was going off the rails and not making much sense they could have just let her go, assuming no one would take her seriously since she has a tendency to call 911.
Lauren could have been a liability.

Lauren could have been paranoid for a reason. A woman being written off as crazy when there’s an actual reason for their paranoia etc is a tale as old as time.

JMO

Texas mother Lauren Colvin Thompson still missing after sounding ‘disoriented and confused’ on 911 call

I first heard about Lauren last night from a youtube channel but in doing a little research I came across this article and the first thing that comes to my mind when reading the circumstances of her disappearance is could she have had a panic attack? Maybe she was afraid to be left by herself on the side of the road or she was afraid she would be in some kind of trouble for getting the car stuck? I don't know but I have panic attacks and they can get really bad and spiral out of control quickly if you don't have some coping skills or someone with you to get you grounded back to reality. I also have to wonder about the friend she was with, did he actually see her take off into the woods or did he walk away and come back to find her gone?

Texas mother Lauren Colvin Thompson still missing after sounding ‘disoriented and confused’ on 911 call

I first heard about Lauren last night from a youtube channel but in doing a little research I came across this article and the first thing that comes to my mind when reading the circumstances of her disappearance is could she have had a panic attack? Maybe she was afraid to be left by herself on the side of the road or she was afraid she would be in some kind of trouble for getting the car stuck? I don't know but I have panic attacks and they can get really bad and spiral out of control quickly if you don't have some coping skills or someone with you to get you grounded back to reality. I also have to wonder about the friend she was with, did he actually see her take off into the woods or did he walk away and come back to find her gone?
I thought about that too, but looking at the available evidence suggests that she was panicking for a good reason. :(

The narrative of what happened came from the man she was with and the two females, so much has to be taken with a grain of salt. The story they told was that they were going fishing. Lauren freaked out and ran off, according to them. When she tried to drive off, the daughter and mother team chased her in her vehicle and ran her off the road which is how she got stuck. The younger female actually stuck Lauren's vehicle and left her paint on Lauren's vehicle. This information was released by the sheriff. It is understandable why Lauren would be terrified. Possibly she overpowered the frail male who was dying of cancer and has since died. This may be when she ran for the woods which were all around. I think there was at least one more car that grabbed her and took her elsewhere, and the male and 2 females stayed behind to construct a story to explain what happened. They knew she was on 911 and identifying her.

Some of the YouTube videos must be taken with a grain of salt. A person tried to get involved as a victim's advocate and was involved in some of the YouTube videos. She had some far fetched ideas and did much harm to the case.

Thank you for that. Since the beginning I assumed that she was in the car alone and ran into the woods from there. I get the impression that that may not be the case. I would be very curious if she even mentioned her car on the 911 call.

So the circle for the 21 minute run through the woods could be anywhere. The car may have been abandoned much earlier.

Did her friend positively identify himself as the person who said she "didn't need to be calling her kids right now" (quoting report, not an actual quote)?

No, the person who said that did not identify himself as saying that. LE may have an idea who said it, but the info has not been released.

JMO
The people that were with Lauren that day or the days leading up to that time have crucial information. Very far fetched things could be an attempt to divert from themselves or other people.

There is no basic information about Lauren, so I don’t know if she was with her best friend, a current boyfriend, ex boyfriend or if this was her usual circle she hung with.

She wasn’t familiar with the area, yet it seems the people around her that day perhaps had the home advantage?

Where was Lauren living when she disappeared?

Where was Lauren working? Co-workers could have heard phone conversations.

Had Lauren had issues with drugs recently? Was her disappearance related to drug activity in that area?
MOO

The male's mother owned property within walking distance of where her vehicle was found. She no longer lived there.

Family of missing Panola County woman pleads for daughter’s return | KETK.com | FOX51.com

It’s been 2 years since Lauren went missing.

The family of a Panola County woman, who went missing two years ago this Sunday, plead for their daughter’s return.

Lauren Thompson, a mother of three young children,suddenly disappeared on January 10th, 2019. Thompson’s parents spoke to KETK with their first-ever TV interview, going public with a message of hope, yet heartbreak. Two years later, both still desperate for a break in their daughter’s case.

Gregory and Torie Colvin, Thompson’s parents, recounted the bleak voicemail from the Panola County Sheriff, Kevin Lake. A message that turned their life upside down.
“ They said ma’am the reason we’re calling is that she was on a 911 call… and the call ended abruptly and we have her missing.”

Let’s rewind to the day prior, moments before she vanished. Lauren Thompson and her mother shared a phone call. “The day she contacted my wife, immediately prior to the 911 call, she was excited and lucid and able to reason,” said Gregory.

Then, just seven minutes later according to Thompson’s dad, everything changed. Lauren dialed 911 for help somewhere in a densely wooded area called Rock Hill in Panola County.

“She believed that someone might be chasing her. She was unable to tell us if she actually saw anybody chasing her or if she could hear anybody chasing her or who it may be.”

After about 22 minutes, the call ended abruptly when her phone battery died. She was never heard from again. “From the tape, we were able to come to the conclusion that something was certainly wrong,” said Gregory.

While a lot has changed since Lauren Thompson’s mysterious disappearance, one thing remains: hope for her return.

Family of missing Panola County woman pleads for daughter’s return | KETK.com | FOX51.com

While in the process of fighting some obstacles, Thompson’s parents shared Thompson was seeking help the day of her disappearance.

“She was going through some issues and it’s not a secret and she was trying to seek help to get her life back in order, she was still working at the time but she knew she needed some assistance, some help to get through some issues she was battling,” said Gregory.

Panola County woman, Lauren Thompson, missing since 2019 | cbs19.tv

Two years — that is how long it has been since Lauren Thompson went missing in the Rockhill area of Panola County.

The PCSO says the investigation is ongoing with the involvement of the Texas Rangers, the FBI and the Texas Attorney General’s Office.

"Hundreds of tips have been investigated by these various agencies without any positive resolve to this case," the PCSO said in a statement. "Search efforts have continued as new tips or new information leads investigators back to the area. Forensic electronic data has been received, but has not led investigators to any new evidence. During the summer months, other search organizations were utilized covering portions of the previously searched areas, but produced no new information or discoveries."

As part of their ongoing efforts to help find missing mother-of-three, Thompson's family has set up an anonymous tipline and doubled a previously-offered reward to $10,000 for information leading to her whereabouts.

This case is about to get a bunch of attention on social media, hopefully it will help Lauren be found.

I am in no way saying what’s going on is accurate which is why I won’t be posting any links but her information will be getting fresh eyes.

Last edited:
This case is about to get a bunch of attention on social media, hopefully it will help Lauren be found.

I am in no way saying what’s going on is accurate which is why I won’t be posting any links but her information will be getting fresh eyes.
Yep... Better get a mod ready to babysit this thread for a while! I've read all about it already, and I'm in Canada!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back