Found Deceased FL - Tracey Lynn Rieker, 44, Venice, 30 Sept 2020

If TR was fasting for any length of time, it's possible she was experiencing hallucinations, both auditory and visually. It's quite possible a visual hallucination caused her to drive into the pond.

Many things beside psychological issues can cause hallucinations: drugs, fasting and isolation. If you combine all four she was ripe for experiencing them. I struggle with why her family members did not get her medical help. Her behavior for several weeks prior to her death would suggest a medical intervention.

I'm trying to put myself in her family's place. If my daughter, wife, mother was behaving in the same manner she was: walking the beach addressing complete strangers about God, acting in a manner that suggests she may have been having a psychotic episode, fasting to the extent she was endangering her own health as well as others, it would have set off alarm bells. She needed help, an intervention. I don't get the vibe that any of that happened.

Unless there is actual evidence that her vehicle was involved in an accident that sent her into the pond, I doubt the autopsy and toxicology results will provide any information.
I hope they release the results - I also am at a loss as to this situation and how it occurred ... way too many FL moms In water - just feels wrong IMO

If TR was fasting for any length of time, it's possible she was experiencing hallucinations, both auditory and visually. It's quite possible a visual hallucination caused her to drive into the pond.

Many things beside psychological issues can cause hallucinations: drugs, fasting and isolation. If you combine all four she was ripe for experiencing them. I struggle with why her family members did not get her medical help. Her behavior for several weeks prior to her death would suggest a medical intervention.

I'm trying to put myself in her family's place. If my daughter, wife, mother was behaving in the same manner she was: walking the beach addressing complete strangers about God, acting in a manner that suggests she may have been having a psychotic episode, fasting to the extent she was endangering her own health as well as others, it would have set off alarm bells. She needed help, an intervention. I don't get the vibe that any of that happened.

Unless there is actual evidence that her vehicle was involved in an accident that sent her into the pond, I doubt the autopsy and toxicology results will provide any information.

I don't know if this is COVID19 related (i.e., closures, fear of eating out, etc.) but I'm reading more and more cases that include incidences of women fasting and subsequent odd or deadly behavior. A terrible loss to her family.

I don't know if this is COVID19 related (i.e., closures, fear of eating out, etc.) but I'm reading more and more cases that include incidences of women fasting and subsequent odd or deadly behavior. A terrible loss to her family.

BBM

It is sad and scary, to be sure, and there are so many factors tied into this pandemic, it's tough for many. It is entirely possible that introverts like myself might "deal" with it better but I also have the outlet known as the great outdoors.

Incidentally, I thought of Tracey while we were driving home from a trip to Mabry Carlton Reserve this past Sunday. That entire part of the city north of Border Rd is being developed (IMHO, overdeveloped). It was a great day for hiking, not too hot yet as we went early in the morning.

His story changes a lot. He did say he woke up and she was gone at 6. He’s also said he was up with her at 3 am. Which doesn’t make sense with this story. I don’t know why he called her foster sister 2 hours later either. Phone records should be able to clear up this story with police.

I am simply not at all comfortable with the husband's version of what happened. I have an awful gut feeling, that I have had before. It has - so far - always been correct. I believe we may find out that Tracey did not willingly put herself in the water. Women with children tend to think about those children, and what it would be like to be deprived of their mother.

Hope we find out the truth - God ALREADY knows it.

More at link:

Police say it will be months before autopsy results in case of deceased Venice woman (msn.com)

VENICE, Fla (WWSB) - Police in Venice tell ABC7 that it will take several more months before they have an autopsy report on a Venice mother found submerged in her car in October.

The case is still extremely active. A Rieker family member says that it will take four to eight months for any revelations to come.

Investigators found her body on October 10 in the Toscana Isles subdivision in North Venice. 44-year-old Tracey Rieker had been missing since September 30.

Police say it will be months before autopsy results in case of deceased Venice woman

December 14, 2020 at 12:54 PM EST - Updated December 14 at 12:54 PM

VENICE, Fla (WWSB) - Police in Venice tell ABC7 that it will take several more months before they have an autopsy report on a Venice mother found submerged in her car in October.

The case is still extremely active. A Rieker family member says that it will take four to eight months for any revelations to come.

Investigators found her body on October 10 in the Toscana Isles subdivision in North Venice. 44-year-old Tracey Rieker had been missing since September 30.

When Rieker went missing, her husband told ABC7 she was gone and so was her car. Rieker had left her phone and wallet at home. ^^bbm

ETA: Good to read the case is still active.

Seems very different from the other FL woman/water case reported about the same time (S Hollingsworth) where police publically cleared a family member even before her body located. Seems investigators had credible information early re. self-harm.

More at link:

Police say it will be months before autopsy results in case of deceased Venice woman (msn.com)

Jinx!

Sadly, I’ve been around a friend during a bipolar episode. She became extremely religious and everything around her was some kind of “sign.” She quickly deteriorated into a scary fugue state. Under normal circumstances, she is kind, quiet, and very family-oriented. In one of her manic states, she can’t even tell you her name.

So I can envision TR driving and seeing hallucinations or thinking she needed to drive into the water. I can also understand her family’s reluctance to report her right away. They were likely hoping she would turn up soon.

So how impaired would that be? It gets converted to .052 I think. Not sure.

“A toxicology report showed no drugs in her system. The toxicology report was positive for 52 mg of ethanol.”

At a blood ethanol level of less than 50 mg/dL, or 0.05% concentration, an individual is not considered to be intoxicated.

Ethanol Level: Reference Range, Interpretation, Collection and Panels

Manner of death noted as "undetermined."

Police don't know how she entered the water....

ETA: There are probably many explanations for positive blood ethanol other than consumption given the length of time TLR was submerged underwater.
Nonetheless, her level was in the normal range.

I'm still curious why investigators are not willing to cite accident[al] drowning.

Last edited:
Very, very interesting that they came out with the autopsy results now. They said back in December it would take months...hmmm...

Oh wait, she wasn’t eating if I remember right. That may have been a factor. Drinking on an empty stomach, little sleep, in the middle of the night, maybe her body just couldn’t go anymore.

Only one person said she was fasting and not sleeping. Whether it is true or not, remains to be seen.
JMHO

(SBM)

ETA: There are probably many explanations for positive blood ethanol other than consumption given the length of time TLR was submerged underwater.
Nonetheless, her level was in the normal range.

I'm still curious why investigators are not willing to cite accident[al] drowning.

Likely, the amount of ethanol in her system was due to the emission from the car in the water.
JMHO

Venice Police closing death investigation after autopsy findings in Tracey Rieker case

ABC7 WWSB: "Venice Police closing death investigation after autopsy findings in Tracey Rieker case."

From the article:
"All individuals close to Tracey have been cooperative and forthright with investigators. We have established that she acted alone in her disappearance and drove her vehicle into the body of water that ultimately led to her death. At this time, it is undetermined if Tracey drove into the lake as a conscious deliberate act or if it was an unintentional consequence of her altered mental state. For this reason the Medical Examiner has classified the Manner of Death as Undetermined.

The investigation into the Tracey Rieker’s death is concluded. Our sympathy goes to the family and friends of Tracey as they mourn her loss."

:(

Venice Police closing death investigation after autopsy findings in Tracey Rieker case

ABC7 WWSB: "Venice Police closing death investigation after autopsy findings in Tracey Rieker case."

From the article:
"All individuals close to Tracey have been cooperative and forthright with investigators. We have established that she acted alone in her disappearance and drove her vehicle into the body of water that ultimately led to her death. At this time, it is undetermined if Tracey drove into the lake as a conscious deliberate act or if it was an unintentional consequence of her altered mental state. For this reason the Medical Examiner has classified the Manner of Death as Undetermined.

The investigation into the Tracey Rieker’s death is concluded. Our sympathy goes to the family and friends of Tracey as they mourn her loss."

:(

Thanks for the post. I'm pleased for the family to have the investigation officially closed. If not bad enough to lose your wife, mom, daughter, sister, friend, and then to have the cloud of the unknown would be double the tragedy. #God Speed Tracey Lynn..

ETA: There are probably many explanations for positive blood ethanol other than consumption given the length of time TLR was submerged underwater. Nonetheless, her level was in the normal range.
^^rsbbm

The autopsy revealed no drugs and a small amount of ethanol. The State Medical Examiner says that the amount of alcohol identified is consistent with post-mortem production due to decomposition.

I'm sure this had a lot to do with more accessibility to national stories, but we've sure had a lot of people found in water or in their vehicle in water. Watching the YouTube channel Adventures With Purpose really opened my eyes, as well, to just how many bodies of water have cars and such submerged. There are so many unsolved cases that will hopefully get answers soon. I'm just glad Tracey's family has some answers, though maybe more questions, like many of us. MOO

I have been on here for quite a few years, in that time I have seen so many jump to conclusions that women who disappear are the fault of generally the significant other. However, there have been many who have had been mentally incapacitated or hidden drug use and even more who have driven into water. I remember a case that was solved by a fellow sleuther, about a young lady who had disappeared after being with friends. The body was found in a retention pond in her neighborhood where she had lived for years. I feel this was just an unfortunate accident. Mental health is so complicated sometimes as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back