MS MS - Jessica Stacks, 28, missing from boat on Tallahatchie River, 1 Jan 2021

Unless someone saw her in the boat, or saw her with him in a truck that was towing the boat (that day), I think it's reasonable to question whether she was ever even in the boat.

The cell phone and the hogs and the deer and the purse and the keys and the tracks and the coat and the gloves and the boots are all just circumstantial.

I wonder if they can check the boat for her prints or DNA?

Jmo

Unless someone saw her in the boat, or saw her with him in a truck that was towing the boat (that day), I think it's reasonable to question whether she was ever even in the boat.

The cell phone and the hogs and the deer and the purse and the keys and the tracks and the coat and the gloves and the boots are all just circumstantial.

I wonder if they can check the boat for her prints or DNA?

Jmo

Did the original story not state that someone helped them put the boat in the water? That was my original understanding.

Did the "helper" see her or not? I don't think LE has ever addressed this part of the "story".

Seems to me that would be my first question.

MOO

I think we need clarification about the "cut off" boots before we can go down that rabbit hole. It may be something innocent (really????) like she did it because she was stuck in the mud. What kind of boot was it? Muck boots, which are thick? Cute, printed rubber/plastic books (like someone said that every Mississippi girl has), tall boots, short boots??? Was it the laces? Was it through the boot itself? We need to know those details before we can figure out how significant that info is.
So you think she cared a knife with her after leaving her purse and keys in the boat?

Did the original story not state that someone helped them put the boat in the water? That was my original understanding.

Did the "helper" see her or not? I don't think LE has ever addressed this part of the "story".

Seems to me that would be my first question.

MOO
LE has never addressed whether the guy who supposedly helped them with the boat actually saw Jessica. It was said she left her phone with the helper but was she the one that handed the phone to him? That whole scenario is confusing and there has been no elaboration on it. Additionally, nothing more on the news about the case either, that I could find.

Search for Jessica Stacks nearing one month
Not much here but a couple of puzzling comments....both people got out of the boat? .....Sheriff Jimmy sees no sign of foul play (boots cut?).... Mother thinks there is more to the story

“The pair were searching for a pig.

Both she and the other person got out of the boat at some point.

Investigators found footprints.”

What the heck? That’s a weirdly worded article.

“The pair were searching for a pig.

Both she and the other person got out of the boat at some i
Investigators found footprints.”

What the heck? That’s a weirdly worded article.

I had a good laugh reading this article! I am not sure where the journalist got his information but totally out there compared to previous reports on this case.

Last edited:
I’ve been following but not posting and I’ll put MOO and IIRC right here, because I can’t go search for links atm, but wasn’t the early report that JS and her companion got in the boat in the morning and after a couple of hours she got out? Then more recently I thought I saw it reported that she got out of the boat at 8 pm? Am I just misremembering, confused, or was it bad reporting along the way? Makes a big difference if you ask me.

Of course, I’m not buying any of this story to begin with, so there’s that. I’m guessing the “8 pm” is because her companion (boyfriend?) reported her missing at 10 pm, right? Looks even worse for him if she got out of the boat at noon versus 8 pm. I’m so confused. What on earth happened?

I’m in the camp of not being entirely sure she was ever there to begin with. None of this makes sense...giving the guy her cell phone so they could reach him when they were ready to be picked up??? The guy who helped them with the boat doesn’t have his own phone? How’d they get in touch with him to begin with? Then the purse being left in the boat...nope. Throw in the cut off boots and her coat etc plus footprints. It’s like the worst “story” ever. There are dumb criminals, but even idiots could come up with something more plausible.

Why did the boyfriend not call the guy who had JS’ phone to be picked up as was the original plan? Why’d he call his brother instead? It all points to things not going down the way the boyfriend reported it to LE if you ask me.

Sorry for the rant. I don’t even know how or where you could begin to look for JS!

Praying for her safe return, and barring that, closure for the family and that justice be served on anyone who harmed her if that is the case.
Again, all the alphabet. MOO, IMO, etc

Last edited:
LE has never addressed whether the guy who supposedly helped them with the boat actually saw Jessica. It was said she left her phone with the helper but was she the one that handed the phone to him? That whole scenario is confusing and there has been no elaboration on it. Additionally, nothing more on the news about the case either, that I could find.
bbm
I'm curious about that. ^^^
Also wondering what (local) LE is thinking ?
Imo.

I’ve been following but not posting and I’ll put MOO and IIRC right here, because I can’t go search for links atm, but wasn’t the early report that JS and her companion got in the boat in the morning and after a couple of hours she got out? Then more recently I thought I saw it reported that she got out of the boat at 8 pm? Am I just misremembering, confused, or was it bad reporting along the way? Makes a big difference if you ask me.

Of course, I’m not buying any of this story to begin with, so there’s that. I’m guessing the “8 pm” is because her companion (boyfriend?) reported her missing at 10 pm, right? Looks even worse for him if she got out of the boat at noon versus 8 pm. I’m so confused. What on earth happened?

I’m in the camp of not being entirely sure she was ever there to begin with. None of this makes sense...giving the guy her cell phone so they could reach him when they were ready to be picked up??? The guy who helped them with the boat doesn’t have his own phone? How’d they get in touch with him to begin with? Then the purse being left in the boat...nope. Throw in the cut off boots and her coat etc plus footprints. It’s like the worst “story” ever. There are dumb criminals, but even idiots could come up with something more plausible.

Why did the boyfriend not call the guy who had JS’ phone to be picked up as was the original plan? Why’d he call his brother instead? It all points to things not going down the way the boyfriend reported it to LE if you ask me.

Sorry for the rant. I don’t even know how or where you could begin to look for JS!

Praying for her safe return, and barring that, closure for the family and that justice be served on anyone who harmed her if that is the case.
Again, all the alphabet. MOO, IMO, etc

Ditto! Totally agree.

I have been skimming this thread, so I apologize profusely if I’m way off or if someone has already theorized this, but here’s what it looks like to me. Just my thoughts:

Something happened to Jessica on New Year’s Eve at the hands of her boyfriend. Boyfriend confides in Phone Guy and takes her phone to him early New Year’s Day so that he can hide her body somewhere other than the river (so the phone doesn’t ping with her body.) Phone Guy leaves the phone at his place but goes with the boyfriend to launch the boat. They put her purse and stuff in the boat to establish she was there (yeah, I’d never carry my purse in a boat.) Phone Guy rides down the river with boyfriend and at some point one of them gets out of the boat wearing the boots that had to be cut to fit. He’s wearing these to make it look like she got out of the boat. At some point he leaves the boots and coat behind to establish she was there.

A similar scenario is that something happened to Jessica at the hands of both the boyfriend and Phone Guy on New Year’s Eve. That would give Phone Guy more reason to be involved in a coverup.

It all sounds like a plan concocted by a couple of high dudes who watch crime tv. I hope Jessica is found and justice is served.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back