Found Deceased TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020 #2 *suspect commits suicide*

I believe if you get married in Nevada, you have to have a Nevada license. My husband and I got married at Cal-Neva in Lake Tahoe, which sits half in California and half in Nevada. We had a Nevada license, but the marriage facility was in the California area of the resort, which is much more picturesque. So, after being formally married, we had to go to the Nevada side of the resort and be legally married again, since that is where we got the license. The pastor did tell us you must have a Nevada license to be married in Nevada, thus, the two services. If she did, in fact, get married in Las Vegas, she would have needed a Nevada license, which are public record. MOO. Katt

Thank you! I learn something new every day here.

Las Vegas is in Clark County, NV. A search on their marriage records site didn’t turn up Alexis Robinault.

Name Search

RSBM

I have to disagree.
It's as easy as a walk in the park, if you don't follow any of the social media gossip and rumor. :cool:
I have absolutely no idea what her friends (or anyone else, for that matter) are on about on social media, because I don't go looking for it. I prefer to stick to the MSM coverage and any updates by LE.

I understand your point. But, having worked in MSM in the past, I have more than ample experience with it all to know better than to rely too heavily upon them. Between the too-eager-for-clicks mentality which is so prevalent in "news" today (especially w/r to those who write the headlines) and the general decline in quality and integrity of the field of journalism, I am left with a jaded view of the estate.

I understand your point. But, having worked in MSM in the past, I have more than ample experience with it all to know better than to rely too heavily upon them. Between the too-eager-for-clicks mentality which is so prevalent in "news" today (especially w/r to those who write the headlines) and the general decline in quality and integrity of the field of journalism, I am left with a jaded view of the estate.

Understood completely. For purposes of discussion here however, MSM is the only approved media (periodic exceptions notwithstanding), and I'm thankful for that. WS has the reputation they do, because the admins/mods make sure the gossip/rumor trash stays on the curb. :cool:

Understood completely. For purposes of discussion here however, MSM is the only approved media (periodic exceptions notwithstanding), and I'm thankful for that. WS has the reputation they do, because the admins/mods make sure the gossip/rumor trash stays on the curb. :cool:

Understood. To be clear, my comments weren't related to Websleuths, per se.

Marriage Records?
... Las Vegas is in Clark County, NV. A search on their marriage records site didn’t turn up Alexis Robinault.Name Search
@steeltowngirl sbm Here's my attempt to reconcile seemingly conflicting info in your post & other posts.

1. Dec 2019, Gr. Junc.,Mesa County, CO issued MarLicense but no MarCert.*
Maybe thought they wanted to be married there, changed mind? Let license period lapse? Other reason?
I thought I saw a scan/image of MarLic, showing the county of their residences.
Anyone remember if it showed a county in CO or TX or ??? Anyone???

2. __ date? Why did ARS post (youtube? IG?) re getting hair extns for planned LV wedding.
Maybe in saying LV, she used city name loosely, meaning st. of Nev, on their planned spring trip???

3. Why no Marriage Records in LV, Clark County, NV?
Maybe on spring 2020 trip in the West, ARS & TS went to a Nevada county other than Clark County, got license, had ceremony there, then returned the license to that county, which would then have issued the marriage certificate???

4. If 3.^ is true, their Marriage Records are/would be on file in a NV county, other than Clark County.**
IIRC, her FB, IG, or youtube had pics of of their spring trip in the West, w that distinctive cat. Pretty.
Where did they go, where they could arrange an instant marriage? A county in NV, or other state?

Does that cover it? Not sure. just my2ct about possibilities.

"Nevada marriage licenses are considered notoriously easy to get; there is no blood test or required waiting period...Within one year of receipt of the marriage license a wedding ceremony must be performed in order to have a legal union..." Las Vegas weddings - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Re Marriage Licence - this post from thread 1 found the licence online Found Deceased - TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Licence was issued in Mesa County, Colorado on 20 December 2019. Information from this link (Marriages/Civil Unions - Recording - Mesa County, Colorado) states the following:
  • Both applicants need to appear in order to obtain the license. (If just one appears, another form will need to be completed.)
  • Arrive prior to 4:30 p.m. (Marriage/Civil union licenses will not be issued after 4:30 p.m.).
  • License is valid for 35 days from date of issuance.
  • License is only valid for use within the state of Colorado.
  • $30.00 Cash Only license fee; other fees may apply.
  • Parent or Legal Guardian information is required regardless of the age of the applicants.
  • Death or divorce information required (if applicable).
  • Must be 18 years of age.
  • Must have valid proof of identification.
It also states that couples can solemnize their own marriage in Colorado, however, I cannot find a marriage record. Could it possibly be in another Colorado County?
I am sure I have seen a document somewhere - I will see if I can find it

1. Dec 2019, Gr. Junc.,Mesa County, CO issued MarLicense but no MarCert.*
Maybe thought they wanted to be married there, changed mind? Let license period lapse? Other reason?
I thought I saw a scan/image of MarLic, showing the county of their residences.
Anyone remember if it showed a county in CO or TX or ??? Anyone???
RSBBM

I thought I did also, but cannot locate it at present.

Re Marriage Licence - this post from thread 1 found the licence online Found Deceased - TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020

Licence was issued in Mesa County, Colorado on 20 December 2019. Information from this link (Marriages/Civil Unions - Recording - Mesa County, Colorado) states the following:
  • Both applicants need to appear in order to obtain the license. (If just one appears, another form will need to be completed.)
  • Arrive prior to 4:30 p.m. (Marriage/Civil union licenses will not be issued after 4:30 p.m.).
  • License is valid for 35 days from date of issuance.
  • License is only valid for use within the state of Colorado.
  • $30.00 Cash Only license fee; other fees may apply.
  • Parent or Legal Guardian information is required regardless of the age of the applicants.
  • Death or divorce information required (if applicable).
  • Must be 18 years of age.
  • Must have valid proof of identification.
It also states that couples can solemnize their own marriage in Colorado, however, I cannot find a marriage record. Could it possibly be in another Colorado County?
I am sure I have seen a document somewhere - I will see if I can find it
TX - Alexis Sharkey, 26, Houston, 27 Nov 2020[/URL
Post and photo of license and certificate are here.

And here is my experience copied from that same thread:
In Colorado, you can do a self-solemnized ceremony. No minister or witnesses. Literally walk in to registrar's office, sign, walk out and you are married. My husband and I did this, it took about 15 minutes. Had to provide my divorce decree from previous marriage along with both of our IDs. Had certificate/license mailed to us (we lived in another state) which took about 2 weeks. Easier than Vegas. Moo.
Edit: Just checked the lines again on ours, we both signed as officiants.

Post and photo of license are here.

In Colorado, you can do a self-solemnized ceremony. No minister or witnesses. Literally walk in to registrar's office, sign, walk out and you are married. My husband and I did this, it took about 15 minutes. Had to provide my divorce decree from previous marriage along with both of our IDs. Had certificate/license mailed to us (we lived in another state) which took about 2 weeks. Easier than Vegas. Moo.
Thank you! I knew I had seen this information somewhere, but couldn't find it on a search.

Post and photo of licens and certificate are here.

So they were already married when she was talking on IG about getting married in Vegas. Wonder what her family and friends thought about that?
JMO

So they were already married when she was talking on IG about getting married in Vegas. Wonder what her family and friends thought about that?
JMO
JMO - I suspect that the April wedding was going to be the main event attended by family and friends. Perhaps the December wedding was spur of the moment?

JMO

JMO - I suspect that the April wedding was going to be the main event attended by family and friends. Perhaps the December wedding was spur of the moment?

I don't believe there's any evidence the couple wasn't married in Colorado -- the only thing we know for certain is that no marriage certificate was recorded in Mesa County.

There can be several reasons for a couple to want to be legally married by the end of the year and have a spring wedding celebration (in Las Vegas) for family and friends. When the marriage license issued, the COVID19 pandemic wasn't even a known word-- and it was probably between AS's youtube hair extension post last March and the upcoming April party that events began shutting down.

I'm assuming they walked in, I did that for mine, 30 days and then it is no longer legal. I fully regret mailing mine back. Took another 2 years to get a divorce. They issued me the paper to mail mine back and I did...:( Our marriage lasted 30 days after that till I left

I guess I’m trying to understand why people here are still speculating about whether the victim was abusing drugs or alcohol. Even if the tox comes back and it shows that she was tipsy, or drunk, or high, it doesn’t change the fact that she was strangled to death and left on the side of the road. That doesn’t happen by accident because someone had an extra long island ice tea. No one deserves that, and no one is responsible for their own homocide (let alone having their body dumped in a bush for a stranger to discover). Drug addicts, sex workers, alcoholics, people in withdrawal... are all vulnerable people and deserve the same amount of justice without it being implied that they had a role in their own death.
Thank you. I don’t know how this turned into imagining everything but what we now know is documented homicide by strangulation?

I guess I’m trying to understand why people here are still speculating about whether the victim was abusing drugs or alcohol. Even if the tox comes back and it shows that she was tipsy, or drunk, or high, it doesn’t change the fact that she was strangled to death and left on the side of the road. That doesn’t happen by accident because someone had an extra long island ice tea. No one deserves that, and no one is responsible for their own homocide (let alone having their body dumped in a bush for a stranger to discover). Drug addicts, sex workers, alcoholics, people in withdrawal... are all vulnerable people and deserve the same amount of justice without it being implied that they had a role in their own death.
Even if the tox comes back and it shows that she was tipsy, or drunk, or high,
If Alexis was “strangled out when she always woke up on the bathroom floor” as her friends stated in interviews that Alexis confined to them, then Alexis could have been drugged many times at home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back