Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly believe that they were getting ready to be checked on in 2021. They still had foster children, CPS was well aware they had 6 children total. When they came in the home , they would want to make sure the living conditions had not changed. So right around Christmas , when holiday crimes go up...they reported them missing.

Not letting your kids play outside is ABUSE in my opinion. If they did not let them play outside... something was really wrong in that house.

MOO
We're in the midst of a global pandemic.
It would be more abusive to allow them out IMO

“We did a thorough search of the surrounding areas and [the toddlers were] not there so that tells me that they didn’t just keep walking,” California City Police Chief Jon Walker said.
2 tot boys still missing, vanish from home nearly 6 weeks ago
There is another sentence that is missing from the end of that quote.

Orrin and Orson West: Search continues for missing California toddlers who disappeared days before Christmas - ABC11 Raleigh-Durham
"We did a thorough search of the surrounding areas and [the toddlers were] not there, so that tells me that they didn't just keep walking," Walker said. "Someone picked them up."

o_O

In their yard?? With members of their own household??

From following this thread, it sounds like the danger in their yard was more of the creepy crawly stingy variety, not the contagion variety. With adult supervision (and herein lies the problem), those boys should have been outside every day.

There is another sentence that is missing from the end of that quote.

Orrin and Orson West: Search continues for missing California toddlers who disappeared days before Christmas - ABC11 Raleigh-Durham
"We did a thorough search of the surrounding areas and [the toddlers were] not there, so that tells me that they didn't just keep walking," Walker said. "Someone picked them up."

o_O
picked them up from where, though?
The dogs found no scent of the children outside that house.

In their yard?? With members of their own household??

From following this thread, it sounds like the danger in their yard was more of the creepy crawly stingy variety, not the contagion variety. With adult supervision (and herein lies the problem), those boys should have been outside every day.
The discussion concerned neighbors stating they never saw them out playing.
In a pandemic that is understandable.

Not in that big back yard and front yard.
They would still only interact with each other. Lots of bike riding spots without the road.

I raised 3 and by 7-10 they want outside. They need to be outside!

Lot harder to catch COVID19 outside.

But before the pandemic those children couldn't play right outside the apartment with other children.

Plus they home school which reduces the chance of strangers looking at the kids too closely.

Predators love using home school to hide abuse.

Last edited by a moderator:
They would still only interact with each other. Lots of bike riding spots without the road.

But before the pandemic those children couldn't play right outside the apartment with other children.

Plus they home school which reduces the chance of strangers looking at the kids too closely.

Predators love using home school to hide abuse.

They just moved in in September, remember. They were just living there for 12 weeks. We had the pandemic in September too.

The discussion concerned neighbors stating they never saw them out playing.
In a pandemic that is understandable.

Some neighbours later indicated that they DID see children outside. However, they could not definitively say if any were O and O.

This was from the link already posted - interview of Chief Walker by Wang.

Last edited:
They just moved in in September, remember. They were just living there for 12 weeks. We had the pandemic in September too.

They have a history of not letting them outside before the pandemic.

But as others have said; that sleepy lil neighborhood in the FENCE YARD away from strangers and only interaction with the same household members?

COVID19 isn't the real fear. Not for the Wests.
They took those kids public shopping allegedly.
But getting COVID19 in the backyard is slim to none.

They have a history of not letting them outside before the pandemic.

But as others have said; that sleepy lil neighborhood in the FENCE YARD away from strangers and only interaction with the same household members?

COVID19 isn't the real fear. Not for the Wests.
They took those kids public shopping allegedly.
But getting COVID19 in the backyard is slim to none.
where exactly are you seeing the history of not allowing the children outside? Do you have a link, please?

I agree. By all accounts, it appears that not one but two very young children were removed from her care and custody and until they were reported missing, no evidence that they were in any danger with the West couple. I have compassion for all here but also think she's been very selective with her responses. Keeping it real. MOO

People need to consider education level of the parents involved.

They don't send you easily understood information.
It can be daunting and very difficult for someone who might not have finished high school and had no lawyer to explain it to her.

And I know she didn't have a lawyer because she was on a case plan. Doing a case plan is a PLEA DEAL.

Due to the loss of connection and stimulation due to quarantine, it is even MORE important to get outside and get fresh air, exercise, natural stimulation, for kids especially. There is no way of catching covid in an empty fenced in backyard.

parks, paths, public spaces is a completely different story.

And just as stated above- if they were so cautious about covid why in the world would they go shopping with so many kids the last Saturday before Christmas? Arguably one of the busiest shopping days of the year.
Moo.

Due to the loss of connection and stimulation due to quarantine, it is even MORE important to get outside and get fresh air, exercise, natural stimulation, for kids especially. There is no way of catching covid in an empty fenced in backyard.

parks, paths, public spaces is a completely different story.

And just as stated above- if they were so cautious about covid why in the world would they go shopping with so many kids the last Saturday before Christmas? Arguably one of the busiest shopping days of the year.
Moo.
BBM

It is at the very least contradictory BUT, do we know if they went shopping with them or dropped them at grandma's on the way to shopping. Going by their story that they went shopping in the first place, which has a big question mark in my mind but just to not discard any possibilities and scenarios just yet.

All my opinion.

Predators love using home school to hide abuse.[/QUOTE]
You nailed it. Homeschooling and this situation... easy to hide the neglect and abuse if thats what was going on ...

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member