OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, during George's bond hearing it came out that a WOMAN heard the Wagners discuss revenge.

EW in my opinion. She filed a police report in August 2018 and fled.

I will listen to that part of the hearing and write down the exact words that were said if you want. No prob.
I never suggested you needed to re-listen to the hearing to document exact words.

I'm sorry, you misinterpreted it that way.

Interesting. Reading your link.

Yes, agree. She does move her opinion around over who killed them.

#1.) “When I first heard about [the murders] that morning, I thought it was ISIS, or terrorists. I thought it was a terrorist attack.”

#2.)“I thought they killed Chris because he knew something. I thought that
they were going to kill Billy because he was such good friends with Chris Rhoden.”

#3.) "Wagner said she told the grand jury the names of the people she suspected killed the Rhodens. She wouldn’t elaborate but repeatedly and vehemently stressed the innocence of her family."

#4.) Leaving court after her charges were dismissed she moved her opinion yet again and said it might have been the Cartel who killed them.

She also went from saying she loved Hanna and everyone got along to saying that she did not know the Rhodens... o_O
I had to chuckle over the ISIS comment! I wasn't aware of her making that comment. They are really out there more than I thought!

However, the law generally does not recognize a constitutional right to a free court-appointed lawyer in a civil lawsuit, whether you’re the plaintiff or the defendant. To some people, this doesn’t make sense, because in many civil cases, just as much can be at stake as in a criminal case.

The Wagners family will not get a freebie on the civil suits, JMO

• 2018CR000155 STATE OF OHIO -vs- WAGNER, IV, GEORGE WASHINGTON

01/22/2021 (MOTION NO 61)
MOTION IN LIMINE TO EXCLUDE PHOTOS OF WEAPONS, SHELL CASINGS, AND RELATED ITEMS

01/22/2021 (MOTION NO 62)
MOTION TO REVOKE D. ANDREW WILSON'S APPOINTMENT OF SPECIAL PROSECUTING ATTORNEY

01/22/2021 (MOTION NO 63)
MOTION TO REQUIRE THE GOVERNMENT TO REVEAL ANY AGREEMENT, CONDITIONAL OR OTHERWISE, WITH ANY PROSECTION WITNESS INCLUDING LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS, THAT COULD INFLUENCE HIS OR HER TESTIMONY

01/22/2021 (MOTION NO 64)
MOTION TO COMPEL THE PRODUCTION OF TRANSCRIPTS OF AUDIO RECORDINGS THE STATE INTENDS TO USE AT THE TRIAL

01/22/2021 (MOTION NO 65)
MOTION TO COMPEL THE PRODUCTION OF "OTHER ACTS" EVIDENCE PURSUANT TO EVID.R.404(B)

OTHER ACTS EVIDENCE is evidence that on some other occasion the defendant, or a witness, behaved in a way that demonstrates his character.

(Like how George treated his EX wife and the custody and visitation of their son - using this just as an example.)

How to Admit Other Acts Evidence

Last edited:
  • 2018CR000155 STATE OF OHIO -vs- WAGNER, IV, GEORGE WASHINGTON
01/22/2021 (MOTION NO 61)
MOTION IN LIMINE TO EXCLUDE PHOTOS OF WEAPONS, SHELL CASINGS, AND RELATED ITEMS

01/22/2021 (MOTION NO 62)
MOTION TO REVOKE D. ANDREW WILSON'S APPOINTMENT OF SPECIAL PROSECUTING ATTORNEY

01/22/2021 (MOTION NO 63)
MOTION TO REQUIRE THE GOVERNMENT TO REVEAL ANY AGREEMENT, CONDITIONAL OR OTHERWISE, WITH ANY PROSECTION WITNESS INCLUDING LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS, THAT COULD INFLUENCE HIS OR HER TESTIMONY

01/22/2021 (MOTION NO 64)
MOTION TO COMPEL THE PRODUCTION OF TRANSCRIPTS OF AUDIO RECORDINGS THE STATE INTENDS TO USE AT THE TRIAL

01/22/2021 (MOTION NO 65)
MOTION TO COMPEL THE PRODUCTION OF "OTHER ACTS" EVIDENCE PURSUANT TO EVID.R.404(B)

OTHER ACTS EVIDENCE is evidence that on some other occasion the defendant, or a witness, behaved in a way that demonstrates his character.

(Like how George treated his EX wife and the custody and visitation of their son - using this just as an example.)

How to Admit Other Acts Evidence

Much of this was discussed at the last hearing last month. They're finishing up transcripts of audio recordings in evidence.

Next hearing is a motion hearing scheduled for May.

Opinions only of course, is the left window open?

Ah...I don't remember seeing the back of the trailers before. This is a good view of the back of Frankie's.

Looks like something is hanging out the left window which indicates it's open.

Compare it to the other right window and it looks open.

Note that when you look through the right window it looks black inside the trailer through the window panes.

Window on left looks black inside with no window panes.

Mobile homes generally have matching windows. The 2 windows look the same except the left one looks open.

Just how it looks to me.

Ah...I don't remember seeing the back of the trailers before. This is a good view of the back of Frankie's.

Note that when you look through the right window it looks black inside the trailer through the window panes.

Mobile homes generally have matching windows. The 2 windows look the same except the left one looks open.

Just how it looks to me.

When I zoom in on it, it looks like the window grids are there. I don’t know what to think.

Opinions only of course, is the left window open?

Yes, I remember finding this not long after the murders, because the window was also open in CR1's trailer. Lots of speculation back then, mostly about whether the killers got into the homes that way. Later, we found, at least in CR1's case, that he saw them coming, assume to the front door. What do you think?

Come September, we'll finally learn more about what happened.

upload_2021-1-26_15-44-29.png

Well there is no doubt this window at Chris Sr's is open.

Wonder why it looks like that? Looks like someone crawled through the window on their way out but I believe they only went through the front door. Strange.

Wagners started shooting on the front porch, there is ballistic evidence to support this. Chris saw them coming I think and opened the door and they started shooting. His security cameras could see people coming up to the house per LM.... 2 Cents

Last edited:
Yes, I remember finding this not long after the murders, because the window was also open in CR1's trailer. Lots of speculation back then, mostly about whether the killers got into the homes that way. Later, we found, at least in CR1's case, that he saw them coming, assume to the front door. What do you think?

Come September, we'll finally learn more about what happened.

upload_2021-1-26_16-5-29.png

This is the window we talked about being opened at Frankie's. The end one.

The back one at Frankie's Dudley just posted is new. It shows a window at Frankie's (that might be) opened on the back of the house. I don't think we discussed Frankie's back window before, just the end one you see in this above photo.

Ignore attatced file below, it is the window at Senior's and it won't delete.

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-26_16-3-55.png
    upload_2021-1-26_16-3-55.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
@Ann99
I agree. All attorneys want Jake to go first.
Each attorney is staking his own reputation on the verdict or outcome of "their specific Wagner".
My opinion, the massive amount of evidence that will come out in Jakes trial will give the other Wagner attorneys a better road map for the defense of "their specific Wagner".
During his trial, Jake (thru attorney's strategy) will point the finger of guilt elsewhere within the Wagners.
Look for all Wagners to turn on each other after Jake Wagner verdict.
Fingers of guilt will point in every direction.
Mostly at Jake, ( if found guilty) but at remaining other W's as well.
Seems as thought anytime there are multiple defendants (even when tried separately/individually) in a large, complicated and long planned crime, each defendant eventually points the finger at 'the other guy'.
It is a strategy.
We may never know the absolute and full truth of the entire crime.
JMO
Thanks for your post @Ann99 because what you are saying is already starting to happen:

Here is what George IV's attorney, Richard Nash, said at the closing of GW4's Bond Hearing:

Attorney Richard Nash:

First off I want to apologize ah, an hour and a half ago I felt like stopping this to remind the court that this isn't about Jake Wagner this isn't about Angela Wagner, this isn't about George Wagner the 4th.

But I figured it would be best to just say nothing to see what this is really all about. And so this is why we heard so much testimony regarding order history, regarding who bought what, who did what, who had motive, whose child was in question.

There's been a lot of testimony regarding whose account was used or whose rewards was used, nothing pointing in the direction of George Wagner.

Ah, there is some testimony regarding a palm print on a gun, there's no testimony that that was George Wagner's hand.

Not only that but there was a list soposedly that was retrieved from a phone but more importantly not George Wagner's phone.

Ah, there was evidence regarding a solvent catcher or suppressor or again a 22 caliber. Testimony we heard here today had nothing to do with George.

Really your honor, this whole case, if there is a case, and I'm not saying it is, but it's about Edward Jake Wagner and Angela Wagner.

The only testimony we heard, and we can boil it down to one minute, and that's that they did everything together. And therefore based on that, they want the court to believe that the presumption is great that GeorgecWagner was involved in a homicide.

Your honor we would ask the court to remind the court that the presumption must be great of that person's involvement to deny bond.

We're not asking for that bond amount here today, but we're just asking to look into what the evidence is.

What the testimony that implicated George, you'll find that it's nothing, very highly circumstantial. Based on that lack of evidence your honor we're asking that we move to another hearing to actually determine what the bond amount should be on George. Thank you.

Last edited:

Just how it looks to me.
The bigger question for me is whether trailer windows normally have screens. If anything is hanging out the windows, either the screens were taken out that night or they might never have been there.

Opinions?

View attachment 281281

This is the window we talked about being opened at Frankie's. The end one.

The back one at Frankie's Dudley just posted is new. It shows a window at Frankie's (that might be) opened on the back of the house. I don't think we discussed Frankie's back window before, just the end one you see in this above photo.

Ignore attatced file below, it is the window at Senior's and it won't delete.

Back when the murders first occurred we looked at opened windows at CR1 and Frankie's. That was lon g before we learned the info from the preliminary autopsy reports. A lot of speculation IIRC centered around some of the killers leaving out the windows in order to leave the front doors locked from the inside. There were quite a few other theories, too.

The bigger question for me is whether trailer windows normally have screens. If anything is hanging out the windows, either the screens were taken out that night or they might never have been there.

Opinions?

Trailer windows do have screens. Of course a person could buy a used trailer without a screen because it had been removed by the previous owner.

To me it is clear that the killers got in and out through the front door at CR SR's.
It is not as clear at Frankie's but I think Frankie's trailer is the one Jake lived in and he would have had a key.

...2 Cents...

Back when the murders first occurred we looked at opened windows at CR1 and Frankie's. That was lon g before we learned the info from the preliminary autopsy reports. A lot of speculation IIRC centered around some of the killers leaving out the windows in order to leave the front doors locked from the inside. There were quite a few other theories, too.

I think they went in and out through the doors....unless there was one of those chain locks or child lock on it. Jake would know all of this, they stalked and shared information and the layouts of the houses so they knew all about the locks.

Billy was over there also (fight) and probably "cased" the homes.

At any rate, if any windows were used to go in, there is no reason to go back out through the windows. I can't picture all 3 or 4 of them squeezing back out through any window.

Chris might have actually opened the door but all the others were in bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288