GUILTY CO - The Diol Family, 5 Killed in Arson Fire by Masked Suspects, Denver, 5 Aug 2020 *minors arrested* *1 minor guilty*

Nice house. Who says, "Crime doesn't pay"?
The house may or may not be a good indicator of the level of profits from illegal activities.

Judging from the quantity and type of drugs seized, one of the inhabitants of the house appears to be more than street, but far less than large scale wholesale in regards to drug sales.

Immigrants can have a tendency to buy or rent houses as an extended family and not an individual nuculear family. This means that a large home can have several generations of several families living in it. This number can then be supplemented by single adult cousins, inlaws, uncles etc.

In short, my guess is that if drugs bought that house, the police would not of found any commercial quantities of drugs in the home. Rather, the dealer in question would be a level or two removed from personally handling drugs, let alone keeping them in their home.

Looks like our suspects hearings are Wednesday in Juvenile Court.

Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

Search on
County: Denver County
Court: Juvenile Court
Date: 02/03/2021
Case Number
4-digit year: 2021
Case class:JD

Leave the rest blank and it brings up one familiar name and two others who are so sequentially close I assume they are the other two suspects

Last edited:
Last edited:

Search on
Case Number

Leave the rest blank and it brings up one familiar name and two others who are so sequentially close I assume they are the other two suspects

Search on
Case Number

Thanks - you nailed it. The names match the initials of the brother and the initials of the other minor who approached TB to purchase a gun. All those case records are associated with the same school and sport. What the heck happened here?

I think I figured out the burglary charge.
  • Aug 26 2:40 am fire reported
  • Aug 26 at unknown presumably later time TB offers a glock for sale (before later reneging because her brother wants to keep it)
  • I don’t think it’s a coincidence TB suddenly had a glock for sale the same day her sibling KB is a suspect in arson robbery. My guess: the glock was stolen during the commission of the crime.
  • https://ewscripps.brightspotcdn.com/a1/4a/bbaf919145a6a7a428702750d2d6/1-1.pdf

• I’ll just add that the fact that TB so quickly became aware of and tried to sell the Glock suggests a high level of awareness of her brother’s possessions and activities.
  • JMO, theories only etc.

• I don’t think it’s a coincidence TB suddenly had a glock for sale the same day her sibling KB is a suspect in arson robbery. My guess: the glock was stolen during the commission of the crime.
Very real possibility! If that was the case you would think they maybe knew where it was in advance as they set the fire in 3 different places and the house seemed to go quickly up into flames.

I'd love to see a timeline detailing events from when the suspects were caught on camera arriving to setting the fire to leaving to the fire spreading to upstairs inhabitants escaping, etc.

Last edited:
Alternatively, the statute for burglary doesn’t require theft. Entering the property with intent to commit a crime against person or property is enough for 2nd degree burglary. First degree burglary is a little more complicated but I think that could fit as well without any theft.
1st degree:
Colorado Revised Statutes Title 18. Criminal Code § 18-4-202 | FindLaw

So alternate theory:
Maybe KB was given or had obtained a glock in case needed in commission of the premeditated homicide on Truckee St. Maybe the reason for the quick same day sale was that TB just assumed they would sell that glock now that the homicide was done. But KB disagreed. Just a theory.

https://twitter.com/Briancbs4/status/1356391007282057218?s=19

1/Law enf. authorities in Denver announced two 16 year olds will be charged as adults in arson deaths last August that killed 5 members of the Diol family. Announcement came last night at meeting of the Senegalese community and what was said..

2/ was confirmed by myself and @KarenMorfitt .@DenverDAsOffice declined comment on this @CBSDenver report. Three teens were arrested last week in the case- the two 16 year old boys and a 15 year old boy. Trying as an adult means potentially harsher penalties and no..

3/ secrecy during the process. Authorities have not released names of the teenage suspects. Senegalese community was told to expect official announcement this week on the charging decision. Members of @DenverPolice and D.A.'s office were at meeting.

4/ police have said the fire was not a hate crime but have released few other details about motive in the case.

I sure hope everyone is identified.
Me too.

But, additional information supporting other charges may come out once the perpetrators are formally charged.

Other posters have noted that the fire was started in three places and those charged are minors. This seems to indicate more sophistication and a more personal motive than a "spray and pray" drug or respect / disrespect drive by shooting initiated by minors.

I think it is likely that somebody else ordered the attack. If so, I think "who" will be revealed pretty fast in return for a either a plea bargain or sentencing consideration.

The suspects all still have hearings listed in juvenile court tomorrow but the two being tried as adults also now have hearings in criminal court as well.

Search on
Court: Lindsey Flanagan Courthouse
Date: 02/17/2021
Case Number
Case class:CR

Leave the rest blank and it brings up the two cases where the suspects are being tried as adults.

Interesting that the older sister is also being held on a US Marshall warrant. So there are some other charges going on here?
Yeah scroll back in thread for her arrest affidavit and coverage. Federal gun and drug trafficking charges, including guns for juveniles with the same initials as those being charged as adults in this murder case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back