CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arguing over the Jeep worries me. That was her outlet, her passion, not to mention her vehicle. If LM suddenly wanted it, I think it was not the actual Jeep he wanted but it represented her freedom. From him. IMO.

That seems like it's possible. LE must have checked out whether he was in the Solana Beach area. I live in the San Diego area, and believe me there's cameras all over.

Just speculation here-- I bet he took his wife's car with her vanity plates because his car might be the one I pointed out with "Millete" vanity plates. Solana Beach? I can't imagine going all the way up there to hide a body. It's so populated when there's plenty of places in the CV area. Why did he head up to Solana Beach that day? Do you have any ideas of remote spots in that area?
...January is not beach weather in San Diego, been cold and rainy lately too - I'm curious what the weather was on that day.
It wasn't rainy at that time, it was heating up some, but really not the kind of weather to spend the whole day at the beach with a little boy. So odd that he says he did that and didn't take the girls...Not.
Solana Beach, CA Weather - Meteored
Jan. 7 66° / 44° 6 - 17 mph; Tomorrow Jan. 8 65° / 44° 7 - 14 mph; Saturday Jan. 9 65° / 36° 9 - 15 mph; Sunday Jan. 10 69° / 50° 9 - 17 mph; Monday Jan. 11 70° / 48° 7 - 17 mph; Tuesday Jan. 12

upload_2021-2-6_16-45-25.png
Sheena Parveen’s Morning Forecast for Jan. 8, 2021 – NBC 7 San Diego (nbcsandiego.com)

I want to hear more about this Friday beach trip.

If LM took MM car, did he ask her or just take it? If he asked her, then clearly they had contact? Did LM make sure the other two children were situated before leaving, or was it routine that MM got the girls up and ready for home schooling, fed them breakfast, etc?

That seems like a very long outing for a child of a tender age. That has me confused as well.

This beach trip, right on the heels of MM's disappearance date has me very confused. My mind is wondering if LM had a particular intent for that trip that he didn't end up following through on? Oh dear....

Amateur opinion and speculation

What? 8 hours in Solana Beach from 630 in the morning - so early, especially the day after a big argument. That's when he dumped the body for sure. The youngest was taken as an alibi, too young to know what's going on. January is not beach weather in San Diego, been cold and rainy lately too - I'm curious what the weather was on that day. Just my opinions, but he is looking real shady.

San Diego, CA Weather History | Weather Underground
Fri., Jan 8, 2021
High: 67°F (19°C)
Low: 48°F (9°C)
Day Average: 52.63°F (11.54°C)

Last edited:
I believe they weren't leaving for Big Bear until Saturday morning.

Wine tasting, Temecula, Solana Beach??? Taking her car on that Friday after the argument... maybe hoping it'd support her leaving to go wine tasting, but no, the car was back in the driveway when she was missing. (Scratch that idea.) You can see from the map the drive from Chula Vista to Solana Beach. Yes, there's beaches in Chula Vista, no need to drive all that way with your wife's car. Just my opinion though.
upload_2021-2-6_17-16-11.png
Solana Beach for a short visit, but a drive further out would be more remote. Still, there's people and cameras all over. I wish Maya could be found safe and this wasn't such a sad case.

ETA-- correction to my own speculations.
Signing off now.

Last edited:

If LM took MM car, did he ask her or just take it? If he asked her, then clearly they had contact? Did LM make sure the other two children were situated before leaving, or was it routine that MM got the girls up and ready for home schooling, fed them breakfast, etc?

That seems like a very long outing for a child of a tender age. That has me confused as well.

This beach trip, right on the heels of MM's disappearance date has me very confused. My mind is wondering if LM had a particular intent for that trip that he didn't end up following through on? Oh dear....

Dear @rosesfromangels
I have been on your proverbial fence with you even though my first instincts were whatever all our first instincts are in these situations. But when you posted, I saw that my blinders were on and due to your posts, I removed them.
However, now with knowing what we know with someone no longer cooperating with LE, the 11 + hour beach trip, the day after an argument, and nobody actually seeing her on Friday and nobody calling her in as missing until parents showed up on Saturday, I have to slide off the fence.
Thank you, though for always letting me see a different side, or angle and keeping me on the fence until further info becomes available.
Your input is always valuable and honest and I respect your posts and thoughts.

I posted this before because I struggle trying to give someone the benefit of the doubt. MOO, in reality, it is what it is without my help. Remember, if something doesn't sit right, doesn't make sense, and seems hinky... then take note of it.

I happen to hear Dr. Phil say on his show "that even though he was taught to give people the benefit of the doubt, he thinks that’s “insane.” “I don’t think you give people benefit of the doubt,” he explains. “I think what you have to do is don’t be pessimistic, don’t be paranoid, but you just go at it and collect data.

I do take note of LM’s actions and words, and yes, my mind keeps wanting to make a terrible conclusion.

But, speaking only for myself, when I say I’m giving the benefit of the doubt here, what I am doing is making a choice to look at the possibility of no malice in a person’s actions. To try to look at it from a different viewpoint. As in, could there be another reason for this action?

Currently, LM is not named as a POI, so I am taking this time as a mind exercise to find if there can be benign reasons for his actions—for argument’s sake, mostly. Since, we know every once in a while, we can be very wrong.

At least, I am trying to do this. But, I am finding it hard. :( MOO

Maybe they share cars. In my household, we have 2 cars, but neither car is mine or dh’s—we use either. (But, then, we are retired.) Is my dh and I weird in this way?
Maybe the child car seat was already in the Lexus, so that’s why he took that one.

I think from what we’ve heard, no, LM did not have contact on Friday, he only heard her, he said.

Seems unusual to leave so early in the morning. What’s in Solana Beach, I wonder. What did he and his son do there? Did he visit with someone there?

Dear @rosesfromangels
I have been on your proverbial fence with you even though my first instincts were whatever all our first instincts are in these situations. But when you posted, I saw that my blinders were on and due to your posts, I removed them.
However, now with knowing what we know with someone no longer cooperating with LE, the 11 + hour beach trip, the day after an argument, and nobody actually seeing her on Friday and nobody calling her in as missing until parents showed up on Saturday, I have to slide off the fence.
Thank you, though for always letting me see a different side, or angle and keeping me on the fence until further info becomes available.
Your input is always valuable and honest and I respect your posts and thoughts.
What a respectful and lovely post; how nice! Thank you!

I have a rather dark speculation about what that long trip might have been about; perhaps something not carried out.

I am forcing myself to stay disciplined and wait for more info from LE. My speculations are getting dark. I think given the traumatic nature of events, it would be best for LM to *immediately* relinquish the children to his mother’s care, or May’s sister.

I feel a sense of urgency about this.

Thank You @Sunrisenow. Oh boy, the Daily Mail now, usually good pics. This article is quite interesting. We're starting to get bits and pieces of info about the failing marriage. This tells some of what they argued about.

"Maricris Drouaillet and her husband, Richard, said that Larry and Maya 'May' Millete had been arguing over a Jeep Wrangler that they had brought with them on a family camping trip to the Glamis Sand Dunes in California over the New Year holiday."

Mother-of-three who's been missing for a month had 'no positive communication' with her husband | Daily Mail Online

"Both Richard and Miracris noted that Larry had been having a lot of fun with the Jeep Wrangler, which had been purchased by the mother."

'He was having more fun than my sister considering it was my sister's Jeep,' Miracris said. 'He wanted to take the Jeep and he wanted to drive it and my sister wanted to drive it. So they had been arguing about that.'

"Richard added: 'You would think that they would have ridden together but that never happened. The relationship was done. She wanted to get out of the relationship."
So he wanted to take away her vehicle?!

So he wanted to take away her vehicle?!

I didn’t take it that he was trying to take the Jeep away from her, just that she thought he was enjoying driving it too much for her liking on their vacation. Sounds like she wanted to drive it more, but so did he. Thus, the arguing.

The BIL said,You would think that they would have ridden together but that never happened”, but I’m thinking the fun probably is in driving the jeep, less so riding in it.

The Daily Mail article said the Jeep was “purchased by the mother”. I’m confused if that means purchased by Maya? Or Maya’s mother?
(The quote: “Both Richard and Miracris noted that Larry had been having a lot of fun with the Jeep Wrangler, which had been purchased by the mother.")

All JMO

Anyone know whether the husband was born in the US or the Philippines? If the latter, and he is a naturalized US citizen, he has or is allowed to have dual citizenship.
Just thinking in advance....

eta...IF it has been stated anywhere in MSM, not allowed to sleuth.

Here's a traffic map that shows the locations of freeway cameras. San Diego County/Metro area does not have as many cameras as many areas of the U.S. I you go to the SigAlert Map and click on a camera icon, usually more than 2-4 cameras will pop up on major interchanges.

The lower map shows routes that LM might have taken on Friday with his son. If he learned anything from Fotis Dulos who was caught on camera, he might have wanted to avoid as many cameras as possible. There's another route he could have taken to Solana Beach. (And, as several others have mentioned there are many amazing beaches much closer to LM's address.

The fewest cameras would have been to take the 125 north, to the 94 west, and then take the 5 north. It would have taken a few minutes longer, but that would only involve 4 major cameras. Taking the 805 north, LM would have gone through 8 camera areas.

I just picked a house number to get the directions from Paseo Los Gatos. Fletcher Cove in Solana Beach is one of 4 beaches in the area. However, unlike some of the others it has restrooms and is close to shops, etc.

upload_2021-2-6_19-40-19.png
Sigalert

upload_2021-2-6_19-45-6.png

I didn’t take it that he was trying to take the Jeep away from her, just that she thought he was enjoying driving it too much for her liking on their vacation. Sounds like she wanted to drive it more, but so did he. Thus, the arguing.

The BIL said,You would think that they would have ridden together but that never happened”, but I’m thinking the fun probably is in driving the jeep, less so riding in it.

The Daily Mail article said the Jeep was “purchased by the mother”. I’m confused if that means purchased by Maya? Or Maya’s mother?
(The quote: “Both Richard and Miracris noted that Larry had been having a lot of fun with the Jeep Wrangler, which had been purchased by the mother.")

All JMO

I think part of it was LM not wanting to spend time with Maya or her family.

By taking her vehicle and leaving the area, he was "taking his space."

I think the jeep was purchased by Maya.

LM said he drove to Solana Beach at 6:30 am. We don't know if he indeed left the house at that time. May have been earlier, during the night.
Sunrise on that date was 6:51 am. (Sunrise and sunset times in San Diego, January 2021)

I keep SMH at the length of time the girls were at home....basically alone during the beach day.
How could he in good conscience leave these young girls home for that length of time.
It would have been before their virtual classes began and long after they ended.
Did he make breakfast or lunch for them?
Did he tell them Maya would do that?
Did he even talk with them before he left?

...I certainly hope he would have answered calls from the girls....

What I wonder is if the girls, being left home alone, even had a phone available. Maya's phone was missing and going to voice mail. LM's phone was with him and he wasn't answering calls from family members. Was there a landline phone in the house, or did one of the girls own a cell phone? Was LM's phone turned off or will they be able to track his movements through tower pings anyways?

Did the girls wake up to no one there? Did LM leave a note for them? Was there any way for them to call for help if there was an emergency? I need some memory help here... didn't Maya's brother come by that day? Why would he go to Solana Beach? He could've gone to Coronado Beach which is much closer. He was gone for such a long time. Thought he heard Maya rustling around in the kitchen that night. Right girls? She homeschooled you that day.

Human remains in East County appear unrelated to missing mom | cbs8.com
"Larry Millete told officers he drove his four-year-old son to the beach in the Lexus on that Friday, according to family members, who also said they tried unsuccessfully that day to reach the husband on his cell phone."

“They left at 6:30 a.m. in the morning to go to Solana Beach and they didn't come back until about 5 p.m. in the afternoon,” Drouaillet said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288