Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always taken that as a given, that there have had to be concrete 'official' grounds for this investigation to be given the go ahead and subsequently made public.

It still doesn't stop me from thinking how really badly and unprofessionally it's been managed. Bizarrely even.

Regardless of what the BKA/HCW have on CB, there's no justification for the manner in which they've embraced what is, at base, trial by tabloid.

But it's not trial by tabloid.

If CB isn't prosecuted or found guilty of taking MM I'm sure the majority of people would admit that it couldn't have been him and will just move on.
Nobody's going remember CB, who cares about him?
I don't think any rational person will make that judgement on CB until justice is served and the perp has been brought to justice no matter who they be.

Last edited:
Yes, I think you could be right, both sides of the camp seem to be very very quiet makes you wonder if they are just waiting on something ??
There are too many coincidences, too many similarities in photo fits, and plus I do feel CB had a mentor or guide for his crimes - that part is more gut feeling than evidence based. I think MN has given them info, hence them not looking for anyone else. No need to look if you’ve already found them. This has just been my gut feeling for a long time now, always hard to substantiate so mainly just IMO

I think they cannot access new phone data from 2007.

Of course they can't! IMO the case is built up on some other clues, that haven't been made public. If they can place CB in PDL on may the 3rd 2007, the ominous caller isn't that important, although the other caller is crucial, because he/she is maybe the person that accuses CB?

Just a thought?!

But it's not trial by tabloid.

If CB isn't prosecuted or found guilty of taking MM I'm sure the majority of people would admit that it couldn't have been him and will just move on.
Nobody's going remember CB, who cares about him?
I don't think any rational person will make that judgement on CB until justice is served and the perp has been brought to justice no matter who they be.

We'll have to agree to disagree here.

I care about due process.

Could have 2 sons different mums? Or was there more than 1 scrapyard, I believe a lot of them were illegal ones, not saying its true or false though.
But it defo says he was german.
Or another possible idea, the scrapyard could of been run by the 2 men, as partners,

Other possibility is that PW is not real name ...just made up for article...but then they usually write “ person who did not want to be named “
It’s another mystery to add to the list ..!
'I bought a campervan from Madeleine McCann suspect and police have seized it'

Last edited:
I think FP is a photographer
Is possible. ..have found 2 FP FB pages ( think both apply to same FP )...one for FP photographer where some of the photo “likers” match names of the “photo likers “ on the single photo on a personal FP FB page.
Is possible this FP is BP son , perhaps showed when looking into details and locations of likers etc....some match southern Portugal area . ( coincidentally via this found myself fairly quickly looking at FB page of a certain DS...but that guy most probably not connected to the CB phone call )
Also an FP from Tomar listed on this site..
Search users | Designers, photographers, illustrators, typographers and artists on Behance

Last edited:
Is possible. ..have found 2 FP FB pages ( think both apply to same FP )...one for FP photographer where some of the photo “likers” match names of the “photo likers “ on the single photo on a personal FP FB page.
Is possible this FP is BP son , perhaps showed when looking into details and locations of likers etc....some match southern Portugal area . ( coincidentally via this found myself fairly quickly looking at FB page of a certain DS...but that guy most probably not connected to the CB phone call )
Also an FP from Tomar listed on this site..
Search users | Designers, photographers, illustrators, typographers and artists on Behance

Also FP on “ Couchsurfing “ mentions things like leaving Portugal in 2015 ...living in Dresden ( not sure when ) .
Of course the P’s not publicly known to be connected in any way to MM should say !
But who knows...maybe they indirectly know something helpful..?

Last edited:
You know @tedtink that link mentions it will be 14 years this May since MM disappeared. And I wonder if we will get an update on the CB investigation closer to the anniversary as public interest arises again. Just an idle thought.

Not CB news but thought I'd share............

MADELEINE McCann’s parents have been rocked by another setback in their long-running battle to silence a former cop who claims their daughter is dead.

Maddie's parents' fight to silence cop who claims she's dead suffers setback

As a side point - this action in the ECHR constantly gets misreported in the UK media.

The parents already lost in Lisbon in the Supreme Court. That's it. No more appeals are possible.

The ECHR cannot overturn the Lisbon decision.

The ECHR action is against the Government of Portugal - not GA

The parents could win some kind of judgement there, possibly including compensation - but they have to pay under the Lisbon judgement no matter what.

Incidentally some stupid version of this "ZOMG the fund will be depleted" story has been appearing periodically for years - always incorrect.

It's worth remembering the parents were the plaintiffs. They took the risk, and no doubt had to provide security for costs. IIRC, losing released to GA the proceeds of his book that had been injuncted and removed restrictions on him in terms of his book. And they had a costs award against them - typical.

There's never been any decent reporting in this, but i believe they will have already paid their own costs, and probably GAs as well as this was years ago now. They may be able to recoup some compensation if they win in the ECHR but honestly I have no idea what they are even pleading there.

It seems to me highly unlikely you can resist a costs award in the supreme court due to some unrelated ECHR appeal with different parties.

My reason to post all this is we should not believe 90% of what appears in the Mail, Sun etc - they print complete nonsense

Incidentally some stupid version of this "ZOMG the fund will be depleted" story has been appearing periodically for years - always incorrect.

It's worth remembering the parents were the plaintiffs. They took the risk, and no doubt had to provide security for costs. IIRC, losing released to GA the proceeds of his book that had been injuncted and removed restrictions on him in terms of his book. And they had a costs award against them - typical.

There's never been any decent reporting in this, but i believe they will have already paid their own costs, and probably GAs as well as this was years ago now. They may be able to recoup some compensation if they win in the ECHR but honestly I have no idea what they are even pleading there.

It seems to me highly unlikely you can resist a costs award in the supreme court due to some unrelated ECHR appeal with different parties.

My reason to post all this is we should not believe 90% of what appears in the Mail, Sun etc - they print complete nonsense
Something that has always annoyed me is when the press appear to " assume " what MM parents are feeling or thinking on occasions when the M's themselves have not released any official statement about events .

Something that has always annoyed me is when the press appear to " assume " what MM parents are feeling or thinking on occasions when the M's themselves have not released any official statement about events .

The journo is close to them - this is a briefing from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23