Found Deceased NJ - Ajay Sah, 22, Drew University in Madison, International Student from Nepal, 19 Jan 2021

Weird, NYC is or should be frankly covered in cameras. Traffic cameras, store cameras, and Penn station is or should have them. Why don’t they see him?
IIRC, he was caught on camera at Penn Station, but the police has likely not reviewed footage from other city cameras, because there was no indication that he was in danger. More investigation in this direction could be done by a PI. (IMO) Madison PD (NJ) is conducting the investigation.

ETA: It looks like they are now appealing to celebrities to spread awareness.

https://twitter.com/helpfindajaysah

Last edited:
Authorities Seeking Public Assistance in Locating Missing 22-Year-Old Male from the Borough of Madison, New Jersey - Morris County Prosecutor's Office
Ajay-Sah-picture-684x1024.jpg

''Acting Morris County Prosecutor Robert J. Carroll, Morris County Prosecutor’s Office Chief of Detectives Christoph Kimker, and Borough of Madison Police Chief Darren Dachisen are seeking the public’s assistance in locating Ajay Sah, a 22 year old male from the Borough of Madison, New Jersey, who was reported missing on January 22, 2021.

Ajay Sah, is a foreign exchange student from Nepal and is currently attending Drew University in the Borough of Madison, New Jersey. He was last known to be on campus at Drew University on January 19, 2021 at 8:00 pm. Authorities have confirmed he was last seen at the Newark Broad Street Station and boarded a train heading to New York Penn Station where he was seen in New York City shortly after midnight on January 20, 2021. Attached is a photo of him from a recent date.

Sah has black hair and black eyes. He weighs approximately 125 lbs. and is 5 foot 6 inches in height. He has been known to travel to New York City in the past and has ties to Texas.

Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to call the Madison Police Department at (973) 593-3000 or the Morris County Prosecutor’s Office Missing Persons Unit On-Call Detective through the Morris County Communications Center at 973-285-2900. Anyone with information who may be seeking to remain anonymous can contact Morris County Crimestoppers at 1-800-743-7433.''

Admin comment on the Help Find Ajay Sah page (Feb 15):

We know Ajay exited Penn Station. We do not know after this at all. We know Madison, NJ police department is working directly alongside Morris County Prosecutor's Office Missing Persons' Unit, and various interstate agencies as well. They are continuing to conduct interviews and get camera footage to search.

I wonder if the interviews are limited to people who knew him or have seen him beforehand or do they have any witnesses on the NYC end? Have they reviewed any footage from beyond Penn Station?

Feb 3 2021 rbbm.
Family raising funds to find missing Drew University student
568584b4-7d8b-4964-9bd4-fdf28b274979-ajaysah.PNG

''An international student from Nepal, Sah is "one of the most vibrant students on campus" and popular among students, Merckx said. He lives year-round on campus, where he has worked multiple jobs. Currently, he serves as a resident adviser, and previously he was a tour guide, a front desk attendant at the university center and a student government senator. Sah is a mathematics major with a minor in physics.''

''Sah was last seen taking a train into New York City on Jan. 19 at around 11 p.m. Friends and relatives do not know where he was headed or why he boarded the train. He is 5 feet, 7 inches tall with black eyes and black hair and was last seen wearing a black leather jacket with a gray hoodie and khakis.

Anyone with information or tips related to Sah's whereabouts is asked to contact Detective Ryan Dunn at 973-593-3000 or via email at dunnr@rosenet.org.''

I am really surprised that in a city that must have thousands or more video cameras that they (as far as we know) haven’t been able to track AS further. Maybe they have and aren’t releasing that info, but how would it hinder the investigation for the public/family/searchers to have more info on where to even begin looking??

AS deserves more attention!

OMG, he was last seen by camera on the bridge but not seen by camera exiting the bridge?
ETA: Speculation and opinion only based on NamUs:
After arriving at NY Penn Station, he is observed walking onto the Brooklyn/Manhattan bridge. Subject was last seen on the Brooklyn/Manhattan Bridge on 1/20/21 at approximately 0500 hours via surveillance footage. Subject was travelling with a backpack and appears to be alone. There has been no cell phone or credit card activity since this date.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

OMG, he was last seen by camera on the bridge but not seen by camera exiting the bridge?
ETA: Speculation and opinion only based on NamUs:
After arriving at NY Penn Station, he is observed walking onto the Brooklyn/Manhattan bridge. Subject was last seen on the Brooklyn/Manhattan Bridge on 1/20/21 at approximately 0500 hours via surveillance footage. Subject was travelling with a backpack and appears to be alone. There has been no cell phone or credit card activity since this date.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
I presume there are surveillance cameras on both sides of the bridge. If he was not seen on the other side (no mention of it), could he have got into a passing vehicle on the bridge? Where was he between midnight and 5am? Penn Station is about an hour's walk from the Brooklyn Bridge. I've seen the bridge mentioned in connection with Ajay before - I think he might have mentioned his interest in it to someone.

If he intended to start a new life it's not likely that he would be on the bridge at 5am.

I presume there are surveillance cameras on both sides of the bridge. If he was not seen on the other side (no mention of it), could he have got into a passing vehicle on the bridge? Where was he between midnight and 5am? Penn Station is about an hour's walk from the Brooklyn Bridge. I've seen the bridge mentioned in connection with Ajay before - I think he might have mentioned his interest in it to someone.

If he intended to start a new life it's not likely that he would be on the bridge at 5am.

I think we need more information about the bridge surveillance. Was it foggy or still too dark for full surveillance that morning? What do the cameras actually record? What is the likelihood something was missed?
In just my opinion, a meeting place by car on any bridge itself makes no sense.

Is there a scenario in which this doesn't look like a case of self-harm? Wandering around NYC at night, ending up on a bridge... If he was meeting with someone, he wouldn't be out alone at 5am, five hours after arriving. On the other hand, he could have reached the bridge much earlier. At least we know that the police are taking his disappearance seriously. I hope they are ultimately able to determine whether he ever left that bridge or not.

ETA: I wonder why his new last seen info hasn't been shared on his official missing fb page.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back