VERDICT WATCH UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, found deceased, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Mr Wright says the account given to the jury is that he left her alive and well, standing on Oak Road.

Relowicz said: “I left Libby Squire on Oak Road and went home and went back there because I was worried she could fall over as she had fallen over on many occasions previously. It was cold, minus two and a half degrees so she could have frozen or something.”

That's about all that was reported including the above post.

Pawel Relowicz 'returned to Oak Road to clean up after killing Libby'
He seems here to have admitted to stalking her. To have seen her fall over on 'many occasions previously' he must have been following for a while - but had to wait until there was no-one trying to help her, which would explain him crossing the road quickly when she went into the Endsleigh, because it's off the road and out of sight so no one could see her in there.
He also knows what the temperature was! minus two and a half degrees, just as the pathologist reported her body had been exposed to - he is putting in place the reason for her exposure to that temperature, this adds credence for me to the fact that he left her on the ground, in the park, after he raped her. And what a casual addition 'she could have frozen or something'.
I wonder now if he wanted to take the stand so that he could add all these little details and red herrings and distractions, like tricks out of a box, which his lawyer could not do.

His later statement, about arriving at ORPF has the same effect on me, details like
she undid her seatbelt, she ran from the car, she ran a couple of meters, she fell down
I see as more red herrings, I don't know how she did exit the car, but I do not think it was like this.

"Mr Wright says the account given to the jury is that he left her alive and well, standing on Oak Road.

Relowicz said: “I left Libby Squire on Oak Road and went home and went back there because I was worried she could fall over as she had fallen over on many occasions previously. It was cold, minus two and a half degrees so she could have frozen or something.”

That's about all that was reported including the above post.

Pawel Relowicz 'returned to Oak Road to clean up after killing Libby'

Just going back to this again. This must have been when he said he could see her footprints in the snow. Did he say where they went?

You can clearly see snow in the cctv footage of Libby outside the Welly Club. New CCTV shows woman who could be missing Libby before disappearance
Witnesses also talk of her laying in the snow on the pavement. The gentlemen coming back from the darts match say it was snowing and Libby was laying in the snow (screenshot taken from Hull Daily Mail article that I’ve linked below ) https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/libby-squire-murder-trial-tragedy-4901597.ampView attachment 283110

There is also snow on the ground on the witness appeal cctv from Oak Road. Police explain why no CCTV of missing Libby Squire has been released

I’m not sure how much of this would remain by the time police came to search the playing fields, but at that time it was still a missing persons search and dozens of people would have walked over the park and could well have destroyed evidence.
Edited by me to add further info/link.
Thank you @Challwood and @Tiger Owl, I had totally forgotten the Welly footage and thought it was just a dusting of snow, I stand corrected.
Then Libby must have been quite wet when she got into PR's car, I wonder what he did about that if the passenger seat was wet.......oh, maybe that's one reason to start telling his friends he helped this girl and she was in his car? his wife may have noticed. He may have removed her wet coat before putting her in the car.

The Boathouse: Hull’s forgotten, underground, creative hub
I always assumed the boathouse was a place for boating to happen, but it spent many of the more recent years as a pub/club/arts venue. Whilst reading up on its history I discovered a tragic bit if information-1 of the owners passed away by the boathouse in February 2007- he slipped on ice and died of hypothermia. When I first started reading about oak road- I thought it was scrubland, it’s not it’s a 75acre parkland and seems quite popular for a lot of activities. I fell across this whilst also having a look at the CCTV of the 4 people who were in the area between PRs visits- the last newspaper report I could find on it, no one had come forward and identified themselves.

There used to be a farm where Kingston Rowing Club was.
Also where the Yeast factory is was called “Worlds End” - wonder if it’s called that because of rapid flow of river?

My Hull

There’s a more upto date 2018 aerial view if you select it - you can even see the 3 bins behind the white van that was caught on the cctv of PR on Oak Rd.

I wonder if he was asked which way they went in court and it just wasn’t reported in HDM...

I don’t know, it’s strange because it would be a pretty big bit of news whatever he said.

There wouldn’t have been much foot traffic in the intervening period, so if he could see them he could probably follow them.

At the 11:32 time stamp: Pawel Relowicz told police he 'wanted Libby to be found' - trial

He said he went back out to see if Libby was “lying anywhere on the ground.”

Relowicz said he drove up Beresford Avenue to Oak Road and back again.

He said he was “looking for her footprints” in the snow.

He said: “I could see them in the snow."
Maybe I shouldn't have read it again... there are definitely sprinkles of truth in what he says. "She was covered in tears". Poor Libby. And he left her there.

In any case, back to the footprints. Thank you for pointing me to that. He does mention (at some other point?) That she was walking on Beresford Ave. Maybe though that was supposedly during his 2nd visit. So did he try to clear/smudge her footprints on the 3rd visit?

There though he mentions as being 4m away. Oh what a nightmare for her parents. (And the jury though i hope they have heard much more than us)

And for anyone who has not heard one, the following site will play you just what a screaming vixen sounds like, and you can see how she stands to scream, then moves and stops to scream again etc, just like the witness reported gaps in screaming and that they seemed to be moving.
www.earthtouchnews.com/in the field/backyard-wildlife/video-this-is-what-the-fox-screams.

Link didn't work, here it is again:

VIDEO: This is what the fox screams

What about if it was by the boathouse?

I’ve just watched drone footage taken this week titled ‘Oak Road playing field Hull’ by a YouTube user called Ben Bell (I don’t know if he’s on here)
His drone footage at ORPF clearly shows the path, bench, pond etc and actually ends right at the riverbank. It may help to see what it was like there during the daytime of 1st Feb 2021 (obviously not how it was on the night of Feb 1st 2019) I’ll post a link if needed but should be easy for you to find using the details I’ve posted.

The drone footage is great ..
I think she would have had to have entered the river at boathouse level or thereabouts to not have been seen on cctv on yeast factory
At around 38 seconds where the boathouse path is there is an area of the river where there are no reeds and a direct drop into the water ...very easy to fall in in the half light if vulnerable...also easy spot to put a body in without the issue of reeds

Last edited:
I really thought there were some steps down to the river by the boathouse. I'm sure I remember them from when I was younger but I cannot see them on the drone footage. My apologies if they are no longer there or if I imagined them as I have put forward previous possible explanations for how Libby might have got herself in the river that would not be true.

@Vermont24 am I going mad? Did there used to be some steps near the boathouse?

At the 11:32 time stamp: Pawel Relowicz told police he 'wanted Libby to be found' - trial

He said he went back out to see if Libby was “lying anywhere on the ground.”

Relowicz said he drove up Beresford Avenue to Oak Road and back again.

He said he was “looking for her footprints” in the snow.

He said: “I could see them in the snow."

This was in a Police interview right?
I wonder which version this is and whether he was supposedly in his car when he saw footprints?
Certainly wanted to make a point that they Libby's footprints - could have been anyone's.
I guess he said it to reinforce the idea that he and Libby hadn't been into the park.

He later he admitted to getting out of the car on visit 3.

Last edited:
I really thought there were some steps down to the river by the boathouse. I'm sure I remember them from when I was younger but I cannot see them on the drone footage. My apologies if they are no longer there or if I imagined them as I have put forward previous possible explanations for how Libby might have got herself in the river that would not be true.

@Vermont24 am I going mad? Did there used to be some steps near the boathouse?

I can see two sets of steps on google earth. One is slightly off-centre of the boathouse, the other is in front of an abandoned building. Looks like it's got very overgrown and sludgy along there.

Google Maps

If you put this into global/3D it's quite clear. But here's a slightly blurry photo of what I'm looking at, because I don't know how to screenshot my sons laptop.

578716A2-5809-4105-9590-A68D0F0365B2.jpeg

Cheers Ted. So he was looking for her two hours later after going home for a nice warm bath, a quick *advertiser censored* sesh and a little jaunt to his favourite wanking spot. How noble of him.

Lol.

We will probably see Mr Saxby suggesting just that in his mitigation.

Last edited:
It doesn't look like it was that snowy on the CCTV but it actually was quite snowy on the night. I remember it as I used to meet my friend every day at 6am for a dog walk and we called it off the night before as it seemed like it was really going to lay. We don't actually get a lot of snow in Hull and very little that settles on the ground so it was notable.

I remember it clearly as to meet my friend, I walk down Haworth Street and past Libby's bench and our meeting point is the opening to the Endsleigh complex. I remember thinking when the news broke later on and the CCTV was released that I pass that exact spot every morning and if it wasn't for the snow I would have walked right by where it happened only a few hours afterwards.

Can't actually remember if it had gone the next morning but it probably had. Like I say, we rarely get laying snow that lasts around here.

I just found this news article, I don’t know if this timeline has been posted before, but from the photos at Libby’s bench and search and rescues initial visit to Oak Road it seems to show there was still snow on the ground for a couple of days after Libby went missing.
Police issue new statement on Libby Squire investigation

Have to admit I'm struggling with the image of somebody running 2m. It's our Covid social distancing measure. Couple of steps would do it

Traces of vomit would last a bit. Was any found?

Edited to query vomit

According to PR's testimony, she didn't actually vomit, just 'ran off' & fell over:
I think this might be a language issue. Sometimes people say 'ran' when they mean moved quickly.

He said: “She started making sounds like she wanted to vomit which is why I stopped the car.

“Once I stopped she undid her seatbelt and ran off from the car. She went about two metres [towards Oak Road] and there she fell to the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23