20/20 Special - The List: Who Killed Jonbenet? on 15 Jan 2021

Otherwise was Burke Ramsey in the wine-cellar the night JonBenet died?

The fallacy in Lou Smit's basic claim is that the Foreign Unidentified DNA belongs to JonBenet's killer.

The parents could have been covering for Burke Ramsey just as much as for each other.

So Burke was downstairs ON the night. Everyone else was in bed, but he got up to come downstairs. Was this downstairs or down into the basement? And did he say how long he was down there?

I think I need to watch more of that interview.

So Burke was downstairs ON the night. Everyone else was in bed, but he got up to come downstairs. Was this downstairs or down into the basement? And did he say how long he was down there?

I have always thought it was likely that the entire crime, from head blow to strangulation and all that followed, took place entirely in the basement.

I have always thought it was likely that the entire crime, from head blow to strangulation and all that followed, took place entirely in the basement.

It all feels rather like how when people think about a situation that they aren't comfortable recalling or retelling, they kind of add a BIT of the truth into the story.

How long was he awake?
What time did he go to bed?
What made him decide to go to bed?

I won't believe a word of what he says, but it's interesting.

It all feels rather like how when people think about a situation that they aren't comfortable recalling or retelling, they kind of add a BIT of the truth into the story.

How long was he awake?
What time did he go to bed?
What made him decide to go to bed?

I won't believe a word of what he says, but it's interesting.

Yes, there are too many attempts at diversion. One by one they are little inconsistencies that don't seem relevant but when you put them all together it seems like a conscious web of lies in a direct attempt to avoid opening pandora's box.

root661,
It's possible but unlikely.

So your gonna commit an assault and you can choose either a windy, dark, damp basement downstairs or a nice warm bedroom upstairs?

IMO the basement was used to distance JonBenet from where she was initially assaulted.

The basement staging influences most RDI theories erroneously.

wonderllama,
Yes, downstairs to the basement or where? IMO Burke Ramsey has learned from the CBS show that he needs to account for some specific forensic evidence, so he has injected his nocturnal downstairs visit to explain it all away?

There is also the issue of the flashlight, JR says he took it upstairs to Burke's bedroom but not if he took it back downstairs, otherwise we could account for it being in the kitchen right?

Else JR said he did not recognize it, and it was normally stored somewhere else, now he has tweaked his previous version of events.

So did Burke use it to navigate either downstairs or along to JonBenet's bedroom?

Nothing that the Rs say or have said can be assumed to be true. After the four family members left for home once their Holiday rounds had been completed, there is nothing that is able to be confirmed independently. For instance, there is no way to know if the RN was actually found by PR on the spiral staircase. Yet, almost every version of events begins with her making this discovery.

It is interesting that their conflicting statements begin when the Rs make it home. Was JB awake or asleep? Something may have happened on the drive back home, since there is already obfuscation at this early moment in the timeline?

wonderllama,
Yes, downstairs to the basement or where? IMO Burke Ramsey has learned from the CBS show that he needs to account for some specific forensic evidence, so he has injected his nocturnal downstairs visit to explain it all away?

There is also the issue of the flashlight, JR says he took it upstairs to Burke's bedroom but not if he took it back downstairs, otherwise we could account for it being in the kitchen right?

Else JR said he did not recognize it, and it was normally stored somewhere else, now he has tweaked his previous version of events.

So did Burke use it to navigate either downstairs or along to JonBenet's bedroom?

Why would John leave the flashlight he was carrying with Burke?

IMO the flashlight being left out so blatantly on the counter was part of the staging. It was meant to suggest that an intruder had used it to navigate the layout during the break in, and perhaps also, as the weapon used on JB's skull. That's why the Rs pretended not to recognize it as a gift from JAR? Wiping it of fingerprints, both outside and inside, removed any proof that the Rs had in fact already used it previously; while also, it added to the suspicion that an intruder guiltily had removed evidence of his handling it during the crime. Fortunately, the Rs had to abandon some of this aspect of Ramnesia.

His gifting of the flashlight, along with the stained blanket and the Dr. Seuss book are reminders that JAR was an intimate member of the household.

Does anyone know where JAR kept the Dr. Seuss?

Does anyone know where JAR kept the Dr. Seuss?

He graduated high school in Atlanta?
His primary residence was with his mother Lucinda.

Can't verify JAR's claim.
Lady Godiva is the only Dr. Seuss book described as "adult" online.

Last edited:
Why would John leave the flashlight he was carrying with Burke?

icedtea4me,
Could be he forgot to take it with him on leaving Burke's bedroom.

If he did take it with him, was it to his bedroom or back downstairs?

Or is it all an invented story and using the flashlight to put Burke to bed is a fabrication.

The point being JR originally does not recognize the flashlight or why it is in the kitchen, next he remembers taking it upstairs to Burke's bedroom, note: not from where, but omits to say if he returned it downstairs?

Possibly a little slipup in the Ramsey version of events?

UKGuy,
I vote this option.

Rain on my Parade,
Yes, I agree.

Yet why, is it because:

1. Burke is giving John a postmortem alibi.

2. John is giving Burke a postmortem alibi.

I reckon this is the function of this aspect to the Ramsey version of events, is it not curious that Patsy does not get such an alibi.

From memory JR says he was asleep when Patsy went to bed? needs verified

icedtea4me,
Could be he forgot to take it with him on leaving Burke's bedroom.

If he did take it with him, was it to his bedroom or back downstairs?

Or is it all an invented story and using the flashlight to put Burke to bed is a fabrication.

The point being JR originally does not recognize the flashlight or why it is in the kitchen, next he remembers taking it upstairs to Burke's bedroom, note: not from where, but omits to say if he returned it downstairs?

Possibly a little slipup in the Ramsey version of events?

Did they ever even test the flashlight for blood?

The flashlight is a prop used in the staging. If there were indecision, which led to additional rearrangements, its significance for the Rs may have been lost in the disarray. The lack of fingerprints on the batteries suggests that the Rs wanted to distance themselves, at first, from the flashlight; but, somehow it wound up becoming part of the R's story, once it was shown to be a gift from JAR.

The flashlight is so obvious in the crime scene pictures that it seems an attempt at misdirection. Thus, it wasn't used to bash JB?

The flashlight is a prop used in the staging. If there were indecision, which led to additional rearrangements, its significance for the Rs may have been lost in the disarray. The lack of fingerprints on the batteries suggests that the Rs wanted to distance themselves, at first, from the flashlight; but, somehow it wound up becoming part of the R's story, once it was shown to be a gift from JAR.

The flashlight is so obvious in the crime scene pictures that it seems an attempt at misdirection. Thus, it wasn't used to bash JB?
But the flashlight matches the indentation in JB’s head. It’s possible these geniuses felt their sexual assault staging would render the flashlight irrelevant, or as someone pointed out upthread they meant to imply the intruder had used it. Either to see in the dark, hit JR’s head or both.

Whether the flashlight had been used to strike JB or not, it or some other instrument was not the murder weapon, as JB was strangled. There is no coherent explanation by the Rs as to why it was on the counter, once they were forced to acknowledge it as their property.

But the flashlight matches the indentation in JB’s head. It’s possible these geniuses felt their sexual assault staging would render the flashlight irrelevant, or as someone pointed out upthread they meant to imply the intruder had used it. Either to see in the dark, hit JR’s head or both.

A bit like leaving a gun at a crime scene and hoping police don't notice the victim was stabbed!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back