GUILTY UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, found deceased, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #26

Sinister night stalker prowled streets in Scream mask before killing student, 21

Says here that the police found no evidence of crimes in Poland, and they believe he started here in Yorkshire after the birth of his first child. Also, the statements from his mum are very sad, you can feel the shock and disbelief. Feel so sorry for her and his siblings too.
( Just to say that these are taken from the newspaper interviews with his mum and aunt at the time he was arrested for Libby’s abduction 2 years ago).

Sinister night stalker prowled streets in Scream mask before killing student, 21

Says here that the police found no evidence of crimes in Poland, and they believe he started here in Yorkshire after the birth of his first child. Also, the statements from his mum are very sad, you can feel the shock and disbelief. Feel so sorry for her and his siblings too.

No crimes, but I'm certain this would have started with 'peeping' only, in earlier teenage years.
He's pretty 'textbook' in his paraphilia's and the way his crimes and preferences escalated, although an extreme case. If only our LE could have done more. But at least no other will have to suffer at his hands, hopefully, for many years.
JMO

Last edited:
I have a translation of the letter for you !
Pic of the original attached.
I don’t think it was translated in full in the previous articles.
Please note I’m not a professional translator but tried to keep the translation almost like for like. There may be some gramatical errors, sorry!! The language he’s using in the letter is quite ‘simple’. I added all punctuation marks and capital letter as he does not use them. If anyone would be willing to correct me, I would really appreciate it too!

so here it goes:

from: Libby Squire killer's wife dumped him after arrest & moved back to Poland

Hi, I’m writting to you, honey/love, because I want to see if you receive this letter. I have never written a letter before, this is my first letter in my life. I wanted to ask you how are you feeling, do you still love me? It’s really difficult for me. I love you and the children the most in the world. I will never stop loving you. What happened in the past week...I have totally broken down. I wanted to kill myself but I can’t because I want to live. I have you and the children. I have seen the pictures you have sent me. I want to return to you very much, we have beautiful children, you are beautiful. I want you to be strong, to love the children and me. I will return to you I promise. It’s very difficult now but it will be alright because I haven’t done anything. I talked to my lawyer and they told me the police charged me because they don’t know what happened to her. I asked what proof the police gave [...]

Attachments

• E8E19EA4-2C97-439D-8504-2AC559F1B8A3.jpeg
    E8E19EA4-2C97-439D-8504-2AC559F1B8A3.jpeg
    250.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited by a moderator:
Please note I’m not a professional translator but tried to keep the translation almost like for like. There may be some gramatical errors, sorry!! The language he’s using in the letter is quite ‘simple’. I added all punctuation marks and capital letter as he does not use them. If anyone would be willing to correct me, I would really appreciate it too!

so here it goes:

Hi, I’m writting to you, honey/love, because I want to see if you receive this letter. I have never written a letter before, this is my first letter in my life. I wanted to ask you how are you feeling, do you still love me? It’s really difficult for me. I love you and the children the most in the world. I will never stop loving you. What happened in the past week...I have totally broken down. I wanted to kill myself but I can’t because I want to live. I have you and the children. I have seen the pictures you have sent me. I want to return to you very much, we have beautiful children, you are beautiful. I want you to be strong, to love the children and me. I will return to you I promise. It’s very difficult now but it will be alright because I haven’t done anything. I talked to my lawyer and they told me the police charged me because they don’t know what happened to her. I asked what proof the police gave [...]

Thank you very much for translating the letter. It is great to have Polish speakers sharing information with us here.

So glad of a guilty verdict and there is finally justice for Libby and her family and friends.

Thank you @jamjim for all of your court updates on here and to everyone who has provided photos, videos etc. This is yhe first case I have followed and was brought here as this happened just a couple of miles away from home. I will be heading to the bench (probably early next week now) to leave some more flowers for Libby
I will be doing the same too over the weekend. Sera, you said you wanted to leave some flowers for Libby at her bench - I will leave a bunch there for you and for anyone else that cannot make it themselves. This will always be Libby's bench and the people of Hull will never forget her. RIP Libby, lovely girl, you touched many people in your too-short life.

I will be doing the same too over the weekend. Sera, you said you wanted to leave some flowers for Libby at her bench - I will leave a bunch there for you and for anyone else that cannot make it themselves. This will always be Libby's bench and the people of Hull will never forget her. RIP Libby, lovely girl, you touched many people in your too-short life.

Thank you. This is a really lovely gesture.

I will be doing the same too over the weekend. Sera, you said you wanted to leave some flowers for Libby at her bench - I will leave a bunch there for you and for anyone else that cannot make it themselves. This will always be Libby's bench and the people of Hull will never forget her. RIP Libby, lovely girl, you touched many people in your too-short life .
Lovely post

so here it goes:

Thank you. No date to clarify which charges but as he mentions the past week I'm guessing it's the first set.

I'm having problems replying to a comment. There was discussion earlier about PR asking for £70 to watch TV in prison when writing to his wife. I found this from 2015. Has the law changed since 2015 as he should not have had to pay a thing according to this? TV or not TV? – insidetime & insideinformation'. JMO

No, the article still stands in that certain prisoners may be able to rent an in-cell TV for £1 a week, but they do not pay for a licence.

Friday, February 12th:
*Sentencing Hearing (@ 2pm UK) – UK – Liberty “Libby” Anna Squire (21) (last seen Jan. 31, 2019 outside Welly Club in Hull; found Mar. 20, 2019 from Grimsby Docks in the Humber Estuary) - *Pawel P. Relowicz (24/now 25) arrested (Feb. 6, 2019 on suspicion of abduction) officially charged (Oct. 30, 2019) with murder & rape. No plea entered yet. Not guilty plea entered on Jan. 12, 2021. Trial began on Jan. 12, 2021. Trial will be in Sheffield. Richard Wright QC will lead, Mr. Woolfall prosecutor. Oliver Saxby QC for defense. Trial expected to last 6 weeks. Jury: 5 men & 7 women. Day 1 (4/2/21) of deliberations: 2 hours. Day 2 (5/2/21) of deliberations: 5 ½ hours. Day 3 (8/2/21) of deliberations: 5 hours 15 mins. Day 4 (9/2/21) of deliberations: 5 hours & 50 mins. Day 5 (10/2/21) of deliberations: 4 hours 10 mins. Day 5 (10/2/21) of deliberations: 4 hours 45 mins. Total deliberations: ~27 hours 30 mins.
Was originally charged (18/3/19 & 10/5/19) with 5 counts of burglary, 4 counts of voyeurism, 3 counts of outraging public decency & 1 count of receiving stolen goods. On Aug. 12, 2019 plead guilty to 9 charges including voyeurism (4 counts), outraging public decency (2 counts) & burglary (3 counts). Relowicz jailed for 8½ years. 2/11/21: It can now be reported for the first time that his sentence was reduced to 5 years & 8 months at the Court of Appeal in March, 2020.

Trial (Days 1-18) & Deliberation Days (1-5) (12/1/21 - 10/2/21) reference post #799 here:
GUILTY - UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, found deceased, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #25

Feb 11th Thursday, Day 19 of Verdict Watch (Day 6): Jury to begin on day 6 of deliberations. The jury are about to be sworn in once more. Relowicz is in the dock in the same blue suit he has worn throughout the trial. Judge says she will accept a majority verdict. Justice Lambert has told the jury: “In a moment I’m going to let you continue your deliberations. "If you find you cannot all agree on your verdict I will now accept a verdict that 11 or 10 of you agree on. This means I can accept a guilty or not guilty verdict of a majority of either 10-2 or 11-1.”
@ 3:15pm: Relowicz has been called into the court room. @3:23pm: Justice Lambert has entered the courtroom. Relowicz has been brought in accompanied by three dock officers. Relowicz is sat straight with his hands clasped to his front.
@ 3:26pm: The jury has found Relowicz GUILTY of rape & murder of Libby Squire. The foreman acknowledged at least ten of them agreed to the verdicts. He was found guilty of rape unanimously. He was found guilty of murder on a majority of 11 to one.
@ 3:34pm: Relowicz showed no emotion as the verdicts were read out. No pre-sentence report has been requested & Justice Lambert says she will sentence Relowicz at 2pm on Friday, 12/2/21.
@ 3:42pm: Relowicz was taken away by the two dock officers after the verdicts were delivered.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back