MS MS - Jessica Stacks, 28, missing from boat on Tallahatchie River, 1 Jan 2021

I’m paraphrasing from my unreliable memory, but the original story was JS left her phone with “boat guy” so they could call him to come and get them when they were done with the boat. I’ve seen since that LE has her phone now. So did they get it from “boat guy” and what’s his story?

I’m paraphrasing from my unreliable memory, but the original story was JS left her phone with “boat guy” so they could call him to come and get them when they were done with the boat. I’ve seen since that LE has her phone now. So did they get it from “boat guy” and what’s his story?
Your memory matches my memory from the original news releases. However, ‘boat guy’ has never been mentioned again. Did he actually see Jessica and did he actually have her phone? The Sheriff stated that the plan was to leave the phone with boat guy. But if they did, why did the Baggett call his son to pick him up? Something doesn’t make sense.

Although Stacks owned a cell phone, she did not have it with her. The sheriff said the plan had been to leave her phone with the person who helped them put the boat in. They took Baggett’s phone with them, in order to call her phone when they decided to get out of the river. That person would then come and get them.

Missing woman update: Search with thermal imaging drones continues - | NEMiss.NEWS

Last edited:
Your memory matches my memory from the original news releases. However, ‘boat guy’ has never been mentioned again. Did he actually see Jessica and did he actually have her phone? The Sheriff stated that the plan was to leave the phone with boat guy. But if they did, why did the Baggett call his son to pick him up? Something doesn’t make sense.

Although Stacks owned a cell phone, she did not have it with her. The sheriff said the plan had been to leave her phone with the person who helped them put the boat in. They took Baggett’s phone with them, in order to call her phone when they decided to get out of the river. That person would then come and get them.

Missing woman update: Search with thermal imaging drones continues - | NEMiss.NEWS
Exactly, Tarika! I mean wouldn’t “boat guy” be a HUGE key to this puzzle? And I assume if LE retrieved the phone from him, they would have asked all the pertinent questions! Like was JS really there, did he see her get in the boat, why did he think the bf called his son instead of him, etc., etc. MOO

I believe an article implied that boat guy gave the phone to LE but it was not explicitly stated. The articles have never quoted boat guy or said that he confirmed BF's story as far as I recall. Agree that is a really key piece of the puzzle that Sheriff Jimmy seems be remaining quiet. Maybe he's got a good reason to do so, who knows?
I'd like to ask boat guy how many customers he usually gets at 7am New Years Day. Was he hanging around the boat launch just waiting for boar hunting season to drive boat renters into a frenzy?

I believe an article implied that boat guy gave the phone to LE but it was not explicitly stated. The articles have never quoted boat guy or said that he confirmed BF's story as far as I recall. Agree that is a really key piece of the puzzle that Sheriff Jimmy seems be remaining quiet. Maybe he's got a good reason to do so, who knows?
I'd like to ask boat guy how many customers he usually gets at 7am New Years Day. Was he hanging around the boat launch just waiting for boar hunting season to drive boat renters into a frenzy?
I’m sorry but that made me laugh.

I can’t get past the boots being cut off. I can’t think of any reason she would cut off her boots in this situation. If she got mired up to the point she couldn’t pull her feet out of the muck, then she could have cut off her boots to get her feet loose, but it sounded like the boots were up on the shore. She would have put them back on and scuffled out. If she tried to go forward without her boots, she should have been found. It’s like the Boogie Man got her.

I can’t get past the boots being cut off. I can’t think of any reason she would cut off her boots in this situation. If she got mired up to the point she couldn’t pull her feet out of the muck, then she could have cut off her boots to get her feet loose, but it sounded like the boots were up on the shore. She would have put them back on and scuffled out. If she tried to go forward without her boots, she should have been found. It’s like the Boogie Man got her.
Good points! I think the boogie man did get her but not at the river. I’m more and more convinced she was never there. MOO

Do you have a link for the article that implied boat guy gave Jessica’s cell phone to LE?

Do you have a link for the article that implied boat guy gave Jessica’s cell phone to LE?
All I remember is LE stated (paraphrasing) retrieved her phone. I’d have to go through all the media, so I’ll just say MOO. Of course the story of her giving her phone to boat guy is info most likely given by bf.

“Although Stacks owned a cell phone, she did not have it with her. The sheriff said the plan had been to leave her phone with the person who helped them put the boat in. They took Baggett’s phone with them, in order to call her phone when they decided to get out of the river. That person would then come and get them.”

Search continues for Mississippi woman last seen boating on Tallahatchie River on New Year’s Day

“Sheriff Edwards told Dateline that Jessica’s cell phone was later turned in by an individual who stated that he had it because Jessica and Baggett had planned to call him on it to be picked up at the end of their boating trip that day.”

Sorry Tarika, I see you posted the first link/quote already Then I couldn’t load anything on the WS site so I was afraid I broke Web Sleuths.

Last edited:
All I remember is LE stated (paraphrasing) retrieved her phone. I’d have to go through all the media, so I’ll just say MOO. Of course the story of her giving her phone to boat guy is info most likely given by bf.

"Sheriff Edwards told Dateline that Jessica’s cell phone was later turned in by an individual who stated that he had it because Jessica and Baggett had planned to call him on it to be picked up at the end of their boating trip that day."

Search continues for Mississippi woman last seen boating on Tallahatchie River on New Year’s Day

"Sheriff Edwards told Dateline that Jessica’s cell phone was later turned in by an individual who stated that he had it because Jessica and Baggett had planned to call him on it to be picked up at the end of their boating trip that day."

So this IMO dispels any rumour that she was not on the boat that day. Correct? I think LE would not indicate she was there if not. I am sure it has been thoroughly investigated.

So this IMO dispels any rumour that she was not on the boat that day. Correct? I think LE would not indicate she was there if not. I am sure it has been thoroughly investigated.
Unless boat guy is lying and bf gave him her phone. The whole giving her phone to anyone has never made sense. Boat guy surely had a phone of his own? MOO

I am going to say that boat guy is just a friend with a little, metal boat. Not a commercial operation. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back