Recovered/Located TX - Alexis Cavazos, 16, last seen leaving her job, Dallas, 7 Feb 2021

Hi all - Great news! The moderators approved sharing the video interview with Alexis’ father. It is an excellent straightforward video. I highly recommend it.
My heart goes out to this family!
My heart goes out to this family. The father has taken a proactive approach to find his daughter. Many families with missing children could learn from his example.

<modsnip: Removed broken quote>

She left wearing dark sunglasses???
IMO:
Leaving her items such as her phone and wallet, and going out the back door, and wearing sunglasses at night, seems to point to leaving with someone she met online or an older boyfriend. I hope LE is pouring over her social media and electronic devices.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO:
Leaving her items such as her phone and wallet, and going out the back door, and wearing sunglasses at night, seems to point to leaving with someone she met online or an older boyfriend. I hope LE is pouring over her social media and electronic devices.
Teenagers hardly go anywhere without their cell phones. And when they do, they leave them at home. But what teen leaves her phone and wallet at work?

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked a mod if we could link the interview. My thoughts are with Alexis' family. I hope LE rethinks their stance on categorizing this as a "runaway status".

On Feb 3rd, Alexis posted how thankful and blessed she is to have her family. That doesn't sound like a girl who wants to run away to me.

Thank you, Knox. It is a very good interview with Alexis' father, David Cavazos. He leaves no rock unturned. What a great and loving Dad!

Yesterday on one of the dads plea posts about her I saw some comments with screenshots that would imply she left of her own choosing. Dad responded directly to each of two comments on this, but did not directly address it - his response was very generic and vague. I believe this is why they were/are looking at her as a runaway. The commenter that I saw, didn’t seem to have any connection or gain for posting these if not true..

I am not sure what I’m allowed to say regarding this so I’ve tried to be generic. I’m surprised it doesn’t seem anyone’s talking about it..

My recollection is that in the video, Alexis’ dad made some kind of reference to those suggesting she left willingly and I believe he expressed some level of disagreement with that but also his open mindedness but a reminder that she just turned 16 and is not of age for legal consent. And that she should be home with her family regardless.

@Mistyjks we cannot discuss family social media, but we can discuss Alexis’ social media and the video mods approved -and we can speculate or propose theories based on that. Perhaps you can propose some theories we could ponder??

She told her father just before closing that she had a ride home. If the ride wasn't with one of her coworkers, it was likely with the person she left with. So she didn't just pop out and was abducted, since she was meant to leave with them anyway. Why the back door? She didn't want her coworkers to witness it. This is just one theory. I hope she's safe.
But why leave her phone and various debit/cash cards at the cashier's stand in the restaurant if she was leaving? A teen doesn't forget her phone or money IMO.

Yesterday on one of the dads plea posts about her I saw some comments with screenshots that would imply she left of her own choosing. Dad responded directly to each of two comments on this, but did not directly address it - his response was very generic and vague. I believe this is why they were/are looking at her as a runaway. The commenter that I saw, didn’t seem to have any connection or gain for posting these if not true..

I am not sure what I’m allowed to say regarding this so I’ve tried to be generic. I’m surprised it doesn’t seem anyone’s talking about it..
In the interview, Dad also left room for Alexis to make mistakes, he acknowledged she wasn't perfect. Maybe after some time to reflect or even gaining access to her phone or social media, DC/LE has found something that suggests she did leave on her own.

Regardless, a sixteen-year-old is not equipped to function on their own without parental guidance and protection. I hope for answers soon, one way or the other.

My recollection is that in the video, Alexis’ dad made some kind of reference to those suggesting she left willingly and I believe he expressed some level of disagreement with that but also his open mindedness but a reminder that she just turned 16 and is not of age for legal consent. And that she should be home with her family regardless.

@Mistyjks we cannot discuss family social media, but we can discuss Alexis’ social media and the video mods approved -and we can speculate or propose theories based on that. Perhaps you can propose some theories we could ponder??

It sounds like her father thinks she might have popped out for a minute to talk to someone, but intended to come back into the restaurant, collect her phone and ID and get a ride home with someone from work.

If she left without her phone and intended to leave with the person in the vehicle, then there must have been a period of building trust leading up to the night she vanished.

But why leave her phone and various debit/cash cards at the cashier's stand in the restaurant if she was leaving? A teen doesn't forget her phone or money IMO.
Were the items on full display? How come that nobody else noticed that she left them there? Let's say that she intended to return to the restaurant. How was she going to get home?

It sounds like her father thinks she might have popped out for a minute to talk to someone, but intended to come back into the restaurant, collect her phone and ID and get a ride home with someone from work.

If she left without her phone and intended to leave with the person in the vehicle, then there must have been a period of building trust leading up to the night she vanished.
BBM. That's one of the key points, IMO. She told her father that she already had a ride. Did any of her coworkers come forward stating that she was supposed to leave with them?

Were the items on full display? How come that nobody else noticed that she left them there? Let's say that she intended to return to the restaurant. How was she going to get home?
I have to go back and listen to be sure, but I thought he said they were on the stand where she worked tucked between something? I really have no idea, my thought was she just went outside to chat with someone in the car and intended to come back in the restaurant. Another co-worker or the boss would give her a ride home.

Am I missing something? It sounds like you have a different idea of what may have happened?

I have to go back and listen to be sure, but I thought he said they were on the stand where she worked tucked between something? I really have no idea, my thought was she just went outside to chat with someone in the car and intended to come back in the restaurant. Another co-worker or the boss would give her a ride home.

Am I missing something? It sounds like you have a different idea of what may have happened?
My reasoning is that she already knew who was taking her home, meaning that she asked the person in question for a ride (of course that's not guaranteed, she could have asked them at the last minute). If it was a coworker, they would have told her father afterwards. So my conclusion is that she knew that she was leaving with someone else.

BBM. That's one of the key points, IMO. She told her father that she already had a ride. Did any of her coworkers come forward stating that she was supposed to leave with them?

I'm curious about that as well. That would clarify whether she intended to leave with the person she met out the back door, or whether she meant to have a quick conversation and return to the restaurant. Her co-workers can answer the question of whether she had arranged a ride with anyone.

If she meant to leave without her phone and ID, then it seems like a luring and grooming situation where someone gained her trust, and asked her to play a game of leaving her phone and ID behind, wear sun glasses at 11:30 PM, and take a risk for fun.

Her phone, ID and allowance card were next to the cashier, which was where she did her job. Her father knew she had arranged a ride home. She left the restaurant out the back door wearing sunglasses in the middle of the night and approached an expensive looking dark car with tinted windows. Then she was gone.

I hope her father is able to restore any deleted apps to find out who she might have had contact with leading up to the night she disappeared.

Sunglasses were a weird detail. If she just popped out for a minute, she wouldn't take them with her or put them on.

Then there's the story about an incident that day where she got into an argument with a man. We don't know if he was a customer or at what time it happened.

Sunglasses were a weird detail. If she just popped out for a minute, she wouldn't take them with her or put them on.

Then there's the story about an incident that day where she got into an argument with a man. We don't know if he was a customer or at what time it happened.

Not sure why, but this strikes me more as someone connecting with her via social media, finding out where she worked, gaining her trust, asking her to leave her phone and ID behind as a game of trust, asking her to wear sunglasses as part of the secret game, and offering to drive her home after work.

Someone should look into car rentals that day. It's likely that she stepped into a car that looked legitimate to her, but which may have been a 2 day rental.

Her phone, ID and allowance card were next to the cashier, which was where she did her job. Her father knew she had arranged a ride home. She left the restaurant out the back door wearing sunglasses in the middle of the night and approached an expensive looking dark car with tinted windows. Then she was gone.

I hope her father is able to restore any deleted apps to find out who she might have had contact with leading up to the night she disappeared.

She told her father she had a ride home. She didn’t indicate who this person was. Coworker or boss was perhaps implied?
Unless a coworker has come forward stating that this has been discussed and agree upon?
And if that was the case, wouldn’t the coworker be concerned that she disappeared and raise the alarm?
JMO

She told her father she had a ride home. She didn’t indicate who this person was. Coworker or boss was perhaps implied?
Unless a coworker has come forward stating that this has been discussed and agree upon?
And if that was the case, wouldn’t the coworker be concerned that she disappeared and raise the alarm?
JMO

My impression from the the video with the father is that no one knows who she met behind the restaurant.

Not sure why, but this strikes me more as someone connecting with her via social media, finding out where she worked, gaining her trust, asking her to leave her phone and ID behind as a game of trust, asking her to wear sunglasses as part of the secret game, and offering to drive her home after work.

Someone should look into car rentals that day. It's likely that she stepped into a car that looked legitimate to her, but which may have been a 2 day rental.
That whole scenario makes my stomach turn. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I don't know what amazes me more - that some guy would go to so much trouble to create that scenario or that a young teen would fall for it. And it worries me even more, because you sound like you know what you're talking about.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back