Recovered/Located TX - Alexis Cavazos, 16, last seen leaving her job, Dallas, 7 Feb 2021

IF she wanted to run away, which option would she choose, to leave the phone behind or to take it with her and turn it off? Her father would have raised the alarm even sooner if he couldn't check the phone's whereabouts.

That whole scenario makes my stomach turn. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I don't know what amazes me more - that some guy would go to so much trouble to create that scenario or that a young teen would fall for it. And it worries me even more, because you sound like you know what you're talking about.

I concur - these things that these alleged perpetrators ask for - sound very strange. Like Alicia Navarro and the $200 comic book. Or the hotel room or $5000 in the bank in the Mekayla Bali case.

This theory that Alexis was asked to leave her wallet and phone behind would show seriousness and make it harder for her to call help.

That whole scenario makes my stomach turn. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I don't know what amazes me more - that some guy would go to so much trouble to create that scenario or that a young teen would fall for it. And it worries me even more, because you sound like you know what you're talking about.

This reminds me of a Canadian case from a number of years ago - will post when I remember the name - unsolved case where high school student thought she was going for a modelling job/interview, and jumped a lot of hoops before she was out of sight of cameras, then vanished. I think it was near Regina, but will post when I recall.

Regarding leaving her phone behind, didn't something like that happen with the women whose bodies were found in Long Island? They were promised a new phone if they left their phone behind? ... it was a game of trust of sorts with a financial payout?

I concur - these things that these alleged perpetrators ask for - sound very strange. Like Alicia Navarro and the $200 comic book. Or the hotel room or $5000 in the bank in the Mekayla Bali case.

This theory that Alexis was asked to leave her wallet and phone behind would show seriousness and make it harder for her to call help.

It shows experience with grooming and luring.

IF she wanted to run away, which option would she choose, to leave the phone behind or to take it with her and turn it off? Her father would have raised the alarm even sooner if he couldn't check the phone's whereabouts.

If she remembered her sunglasses, leaving the phone and ID was probably a choice. I wonder whether she was dressed any differently that day than other days. I doubt she normally wore her sunglasses leaving work just before midnight.

MISSING CHILD ALERT Alexis Cavazos #DALLAS, TX

Alexis, 16, was last seen leaving her job at BoomerJacks Grill on Samuell Boulevard on Feb 7, 2021 She may have gotten into an unknown vehicle. She may be with an unknown male. She goes by the nickname “Lexi.” @DallasPD https://t.co/2J0dU1KVC8

I think this is the place where she was last seen. I put an X where I think the back exit must be. Her father was dumpster diving for her at the back of the restaurant.

upload_2021-2-14_19-23-46.png

upload_2021-2-14_19-25-28.png

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Sounds like her father had her phone security set up pretty tight. GPS, able to log in to see her contacts, etc.
I’m suspecting a burner phone. Or a close friend knows something.
JMO

It impressive how careful her father was about finding her in the event of an emergency. Maybe that was an extra reason to leave her phone behind - a moment where she felt disconnected from parental authority.

I just read this thread, and listened to the Dad's interview. I'm very impressed by the dad, articulate and focused, especially in view of this frightening event. He was near tears a few times, but kept it together. I have no doubt he is a good loving father. I also don't believe she took off voluntarily, as in once she was in the vehicle.
Alexis is a straight A student, obviously focused on her schoolwork. But she is barely 16, likely naive and not streetwise, and like any young teen, receptive to compliments and attention.

My first impression is that Alexis was lured, after the gaining of her trust, online or otherwise.
She is beautiful, slightly exotic looking, and 5"10" tall. This makes me think of a "modeling" invitation. Black Mercedes or BMW with tinted windows...speaks of someone who is posing as someone important.

I don't know if her ride home was supposed to be with another employee (though I agree with others that the employee/friend would have come forth with that info), or with this black car person. If the latter, she would have trusted the person....and who knows, could be a woman, a well dressed woman who impressed Alexis with her spiel.

Leaving her things behind, ....not good, and according to dad, her wallet and phone were found semi concealed, as though they'd be safe till she went back to work the next day.

Not liking this at all....alarming. I hope there are leads, I hope LE is 100% focused on this.

There should be many camera's in the vicinity, hopefully one of them caught something.

There should be, which is a good reason for her father to be upset that it took a couple of days before investigators met with him. It's important to get camera footage right away from the area and to determine where that car went after leaving the restaurant. That's why I'm thinking rental cars should be checked - rented within 2-5 days around the disappearance. I think someone wanted to show off a nice car to appear legitimate, especially if she thought this was a modelling opportunity. To avoid cameras and identification, switching out plates would be a good idea.

I wonder whether her father has spoken with her friends about any new and exciting opportunities.

I feel like I've jumped down a rabbit hole, but something about this feels more complicated than a runaway or a plan that she fully understood.

I just read this thread, and listened to the Dad's interview. I'm very impressed by the dad, articulate and focused, especially in view of this frightening event. He was near tears a few times, but kept it together. I have no doubt he is a good loving father. I also don't believe she took off voluntarily, as in once she was in the vehicle.
Alexis is a straight A student, obviously focused on her schoolwork. But she is barely 16, likely naive and not streetwise, and like any young teen, receptive to compliments and attention.

My first impression is that Alexis was lured, after the gaining of her trust, online or otherwise.
She is beautiful, slightly exotic looking, and 5"10" tall. This makes me think of a "modeling" invitation. Black Mercedes or BMW with tinted windows...speaks of someone who is posing as someone important.

I don't know if her ride home was supposed to be with another employee (though I agree with others that the employee/friend would have come forth with that info), or with this black car person. If the latter, she would have trusted the person....and who knows, could be a woman, a well dressed woman who impressed Alexis with her spiel.

Leaving her things behind, ....not good, and according to dad, her wallet and phone were found semi concealed, as though they'd be safe till she went back to work the next day.

Not liking this at all....alarming. I hope there are leads, I hope LE is 100% focused on this.

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Like any young teen, she was receptive to compliments, attention and easy money. Stepping into that grungy alley wearing sunglasses, modelling promise might be - we're going to set up cameras and film you stepping out of your old life and into your new life. Leave everything behind, we can drive around to the front and you can run in and get your ID, but for this footage, nothing but your sunglasses.

The groom and lure Canadian missing student I was thinking about is Mikayla Bali - the name didn't click at first. That is exactly what this sounds like. The only thing we're missing is information from her friends about what Alexis might have been excited about in term of a new opportunity.

How long had Alexis worked at this bar/grill?

When did Alexis turn 16?

Born Jan 18, 2005, she turned 16 less than a month before she vanished. No info regarding dates when she started working at the restaurant. This strikes me as social media rather than work, but anything is possible - work could be where they first met.

upload_2021-2-14_20-11-21.png

Have you seen this child? Alexis Cavazos

The groom and lure Canadian missing student I was thinking about is Mikayla Bali - the name didn't click at first. That is exactly what this sounds like. The only thing we're missing is information from her friends about what Alexis might have been excited about in term of a new opportunity.

She may have been instructed to keep it a secret, so that it would be a super surprise when she would be featured in a high fashion magazine, or as the new sensation on a runway. (IF it has to do with a fake modeling gig)

I fear for her, this same scenario has happened before. Nearly happened to my own daughter, when she was 13 fgs. My daughter talked to me though, met this unknown woman at a school function..."your classic Nordic looks and flaxen hair are perfect".....meet me at such and such place and we will talk, it's a secret between us. I was horrified.

I would bet those tinted windows are on purpose, and the license plate is either missing or replaced. Whomever knows plenty about surveillance.

Please let me be wrong about abduction, whatever the lure was. Find Alexis safe.
It's been a week !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back