TX TX - Houston, 'Swimsuit Boy' WhtMale 15-19, UP4547, Dean Corll victim, Aug'73

Here's the definitive evidence I have pieced together here:
  • Born between 1950 and 1956
  • Died between November 17, 1970 and December 31, 1971
  • Possibly died in the winter or fall based on clothing
  • Likely slightly overweight
  • Had brown hair no longer than 7 inches
  • Likely Caucasian or Hispanic (mix?)
  • Possibly disappeared from the Houston Heights region
  • Had a mild form of spina bifida (probably unnoticed)
  • 5'2 - 5'7
  • Probably weighed 144-177 lbs
  • Shoe size about 10 - 11
  • Possible USMC connection?
  • Perfect teeth (no cavities or fillings)
  • Wore a USMC khaki shirt (grey?), multicolored swimsuit, dark blue corduroy pants size 32x30, white or tan socks, Neolite brown cowboy boots, and a wrist or ankle bracelet

I'm just baffled with this case - I think Brooks might've been involved in this case (50/50 chance), but the thought that Dean might've done some on his own really baffles me too. We know Dean has at least 28 victims, but could there be more?

I don't know where I read or heard this, but I recall reading somewhere they stopped looking for victims at one of the locations, certain there were more there. I can't remember why they stopped. Anyone else hear or read something like this?

I don't know where I read or heard this, but I recall reading somewhere they stopped looking for victims at one of the locations, certain there were more there. I can't remember why they stopped. Anyone else hear or read something like this?
I think it was because the count of victims had surpassed that of Juan Corona's in 1971? I think the boat shed was totally dug up (I doubt there were any more victims there), but there were most likely more than were at the beach. Joseph Lyles' body was found by accident in 1983, so it is possible that there are more (at least Mark Scott's is still most likely buried there).

I think it was because the count of victims had surpassed that of Juan Corona's in 1971? I think the boat shed was totally dug up (I doubt there were any more victims there), but there were most likely more than were at the beach. Joseph Lyles' body was found by accident in 1983, so it is possible that there are more (at least Mark Scott's is still most likely buried there).
Thank you. I'd heard or read somewhere they stopped looking for his victims, I just couldn't remember the context or the details, it was long ago I'd come across it.

I've just submitted this possible comparison to NAMUS - Alan Roger Bourque (MP38268) who went missing in Louisiana after failing to report for duty at the Keesler Air Force Base (which is also a Marine Corps Unit !)

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Original

Last edited:
Blast from the past. My brother attended Spring Branch high school when it closed and ended up at Stratford high school.

I don’t believe we can post a picture of Dudley without him being listed as missing. Unfortunately these are the people who slip through the missing cracks, they are never reported as missing.

I feel that Swimsuit Boy was never reported as missing for some reason. He was wearing blue corduroy pants over his his swim trunks, a long sleeve khaki t-shirt with a peace sign, cowboy boots, and a leather knotted ankle bracelet.
View attachment 231570

View attachment 231569
Teen Elmer Wayne Henley at High Island beach, pointing out bodies

View attachment 231566
Elmer Wayne Henley (left) and accomplice David Brooks at High Island.

View attachment 231567
Elmer Wayne Henley (background) and Dean Corll

View attachment 231568
One of the torture boards and tools.

There is a more graphic photo of a young, still unidentified boy tied to the torture board that I won’t post, you can google it.

Wait.. so there is an unidentified boy tied to a torture board photo.. but his body has not been found? Could the unidentified boy in the torture board be this swimsuit guy? Or is that just a totally different guy. Does he have a thread on WS.. I never saw or heard of the boy on the torture board. This is so sad. There is just a photo.. was he one of the already identified guys. Omg this is actually making me sad ugh.

Last edited:
Wait.. so there is an unidentified boy tied to a torture board photo.. but his body has not been found? Could the unidentified boy in the torture board be this swimsuit guy? Or is that just a totally different guy. Does he have a thread on WS.. I never saw or heard of the boy on the torture board. This is so sad. There is just a photo.. was he one of the already identified guys. Omg this is actually making me sad ugh.
I don't think the clothing description in the photo matched what Swimsuit Boy was wearing. I never knew Corll to ever redress victims or change their clothing postmortem either, so the likelihood of the photo being this John Doe never seemed likely for me. Of course, it's not impossible still. Was it ever conclusively proved which address the photo was taken at?

Honestly, what is so confusing right now is how this boy is still unknown. How does a boy, probably from the heights, not have a name? It breaks my heart.

My guess is that "probably" means that he wasn't from or that he wasn't from there for long. My mom lived in the Timbergrove area and her father was the pastor of a church in the Heights, that's the only reason she knew the Baulch boy. I don't think she would have known any others.

Honestly, what is so confusing right now is how this boy is still unknown. How does a boy, probably from the heights, not have a name? It breaks my heart.

I think he must not be from the area, and probably from a surrounding state that didn't see as much media attention about the Dean Corll murders. I wasn't around back then, but it seems to me that Dean Corll was never really well known in the way Dahmer, Bundy, Gacy, etc. were, and is more well known amongst true crime people and Houston natives. But I wonder the same thing about the John Wayne Gacy UID victims and he had what appeared to be significantly more media attention than Corll! So who knows?

Maybe he was hitchhiking from Louisiana or Arkansas?

I think he must not be from the area, and probably from a surrounding state that didn't see as much media attention about the Dean Corll murders. I wasn't around back then, but it seems to me that Dean Corll was never really well known in the way Dahmer, Bundy, Gacy, etc. were, and is more well known amongst true crime people and Houston natives. But I wonder the same thing about the John Wayne Gacy UID victims and he had what appeared to be significantly more media attention than Corll! So who knows?

Maybe he was hitchhiking from Louisiana or Arkansas?

I think he may have been from away as well. Or, at least, not from the local area.
I was a kid back then and never heard of him until 10 years ago. I met someone on another forum about another case whose friend went missing, presumed to be one of Dean Corll's victims. I believe she said he was one of the victims left buried. Decades later, she was still traumatized, and her telling me about Dean Corll frightened me so much, it took me many years before I could even look him up.

I am flabbergasted every time I read about Dean. He was sooo many things; young, bad, feared, forgotten, unheard of. His crimes are almost dismissed because he’s dead. And that’s a travesty when it comes to his unidentified victims. These boys are missed by someone.

Yes, it’s unbelievable. His body has never been found and he has never been identified. Elmer denies knowing who he is. Elmer has actually been pretty honest about all of the boys, so I think this was one Dean did by himself. But the photo was found with Elmer’s belongings, so... He is definitely not Swimsuit Boy.

There were many pictures of the dead boys found with Dean’s belongings (per police reports) but this boy’s picture was randomly found by a filmmaker who was granted permission to go through Elmer’s stuff by Elmer’s mother.

The boy is terrified, handcuffed to the torture board, and Dean’s torture tool box is seen to the left of the boy. The tool box is seen in other crime scene photos found in Dean’s home.
A8C59EB4-DD77-4266-A72B-D9C86EB39615.jpeg

29th victim of Candy Man 'revealed' after photo of a terrified handcuffed young boy discovered | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne
Back