Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #129

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen episode 1 of HLN's story on the case. But I just listened to episode 10 of the podcast, which is new. What I find interesting is that the sheriff seems to indicate that don't know how the killer left the area. All they have is speculation. I've often wondered if the killer was seen by a witness on rt. 300 walking away from the location of the cemetery, but now I believe that is not likely the case. So could all of the witness sightings be of someone on the trail prior to the killings or in a parking area arriving/leaving the area?

The podcast website: https://www.downthehillpodcast.com/
thanks for the link and reminder about ep 10 JnRyan:)

IMO LE where all over it early in and then they found Libbys phone and the video within and I believe they thought they had won the lotto with that information and everything else slipped off the radar....Including eye witness accounts.
So fast-forward a few months and they realised that damn video was as good as *advertiser censored* on a bull to them it seems......
Kim Riley said as much in that presser with the new sketch.
We are starting over and a new direction you never thought we would or something to that effect.

The public deserve a presser (not from Riley!!! he gets too tangled up in misspeak) explaining the two sketches and why they are interested in the younger version.

moo

hi! new to the site/case.
i have tons of questions/theories and im probably annoying my friends with them. my first q is - is it possible that the phone recorded more than what's been released by LE?
It recorded much more. They said it was in likely in her pocket, so most of what was recorded was audio. My guess as to why more has not been released is 1) there are too many overlapping voices and 2) there is too much evidence such as type of weapon

They are saying on the HLN show there is not really more audio? And nothing more on the video that would be earth shattering. Not as long of video as we’d think. It’s not a few more minutes.

Fingerprints were collected. Not known if killers. They HAVE DNA. They don’t know if it is the killer’s DNA.

Last edited:
Did anyone notice when they depicted BG walking through the fields he took a long stride with his left leg and kind of swung his right leg along. Not sure if this was on purpose or just the way the actor walked

HLN "Down the Hill" Part 2

Four evidence technicians worked the crime scene for at least four days (in response to the question "was there a lot of evidence?")

Tobe Leazenby: The video is not as long as you'd think. Not several minutes (in response to question from interviewer.)

TL agrees with Ives that there are (didn't catch the number) signatures at the crime scene.

Mary Ellen O'Toole (former FBI) High risk to kill someone outside, so this offender tolerant of high risk.

jmo
Looking at Becky Patty's face, you see her soul laid bare.

Carrie Timmons feels mistakes were made. Mike Patty doesn’t understand why it’s not solved. LE wishes they used dogs for the search.

Carroll County prosecutor says it’s still an open case. It’s not cold.

“They fought until the bitter end, we should do the same for them.”

Last edited:
It recorded much more. They said it was in likely in her pocket, so most of what was recorded was audio. My guess as to why more has not been released is 1) there are too many overlapping voices and 2) there is too much evidence such as type of weapon
According to the podcasts, an investigating officer stated that for one of the victims what she went through was so horrible. He did not elaborate as to which one of the girls was heard on the audio. :(. This is on one of the 10 podcasts.

https://www.downthehillpodcast.com/

Watched the HLN show tonight and doing some initial reading on this case. The second the show talked about the released video and played it, the sickening thought went through my mind that not only do they obviously have more but they probably have the screams of the girls as they were attacked. That will keep me up tonight.

The HLN two part series was very well made.
The only thing that struck me in part two was just how focused on “local” they were. Not just Delphi and the surrounding area, a hundred mile radius or so, but right there in Delphi...right there...that’s where the killer is. Then how come nobody recognizes him? Multiple people ought to recognize him in a town that size if you are focusing down that narrow. If one person is too afraid to turn him in, there should be 9 others who recognize him. I don’t get it.
Watching it was frustrating and completely removed any hope I had that this will be solved anytime soon. The LE they talked to looked totally deflated and tired. This is a cold cold case. LE doesn’t want to say it but it is. It almost makes me want to cry how botched up this case is. Abby and Libby deserve so much better.
Sorry for the rant.

I’ve been here since 2018 but never posted. I’ve been following this case since it happened. There’s something like a little voice in my head and I wonder if anyone else has the same thought.

The voice on the video is a very relaxed voice. Very easy going. I feel like he might have known the girls. Were they videoing him him because they were afraid or because they knew him and it was fun? In my gut I think it’s possible and haven’t heard but wonder if all the teachers, coaches, maintenance workers etc in their school been looked at. They seem to think this man might be that person you’d never expect it to be. I can’t shake that feeling. JMHO

I’ve been here since 2018 but never posted. I’ve been following this case since it happened. There’s something like a little voice in my head and I wonder if anyone else has the same thought.

The voice on the video is a very relaxed voice. Very easy going. I feel like he might have known the girls. Were they videoing him him because they were afraid or because they knew him and it was fun? In my gut I think it’s possible and haven’t heard but wonder if all the teachers, coaches, maintenance workers etc in their school been looked at. They seem to think this man might be that person you’d never expect it to be. I can’t shake that feeling. JMHO
Or a cop........

My thought is that this guy had planned to kill someone, anyone, in that area. How is he going to randomly control two people and direct them where to go? I think this guy knew in advance where he was going to take someone and had at least a knife, and likely also a gun on him. People hunt, fish, and camp in this area so I think he has been to this area many times. Watch the video when he walks on the bridge. He has his hands in his pockets and doesn't seem concerned that he is walking on rotting wood 70 feet off the ground.

I don’t know if it’s true either, it’s just what they said.
I would happily be wrong about everything in this case if we could just get an arrest and a trial.

We'll probably be wrong about a lot of things. And maybe it will be clear why he is not yet apprehended. There must be a logical reason, something very obvious, that we overlook and oversee, because we don't know enough.
I still think that somehow he already knew they would be there alone. It just doesn't make sense to me that he'd be hiding out in the bushes hoping for young girls to come by. Another thing that stands out to me is the way he immediately began talking to them/ordering them around. What if their parents had been around the corner? If not through social media contact I still think there was a way that he figured out they'd be there.

ETA: Snapchat messages automatically delete themselves. LE may not have seen any suspicious phone activity, but the profile may have looked like a teenage boy. They wouldn't have seen any messages.

And just because the trip was represented to be spontaneous doesn't mean it really was. Teens are crafty. Or they could have made casual mention of it to someone in a chat, even if they didn't intend to meet them there. Teens in my family often "sponganeously" want to go to McDonalds or Walmart, only to end up meeting up with all kinds of friends.

What if there was a real kid under the friend's guise, but also, he had a controlling father checking his kid's SM? I know many parents know their kids accounts. Passwords. It could have been an adult under the guise of a kid, or a kid with a controlling adult behind his/her's back.

The more I think about it, the more I believe there are 2 people involved, a father and possible son. LE has been completely unwilling to clear up any confusion around the sketches. It just feels like they went in a new direction to put pressure on actual BG by going after BG's son. The 'small amount of conscious left' being directed at BG not letting his son take the fall for a crime he perpetrated. I just don't think new sketch guy is BG.

“Watch the video when he walks on the bridge. He has his hands in his pockets and doesn't seem concerned that he is walking on rotting wood 70 feet off the ground.

His walk is confident and unassuming. He’s walked over that bridge many times. Hands in pockets, very relaxed, and when speaking to the girls, again, relaxed, as if he were speaking to someone he knew.

We'll probably be wrong about a lot of things. And maybe it will be clear why he is not yet apprehended. There must be a logical reason, something very obvious, that we overlook and oversee, because we don't know enough.

What if there was a real kid under the friend's guise, but also, he had a controlling father checking his kid's SM? I know many parents know their kids accounts. Passwords. It could have been an adult under the guise of a kid, or a kid with a controlling adult behind his/her's back.
This a good point IMO. If BG was/is or had a kid who was a pedophile or SK he could have easily kept tabs on kids even learning their plans through his own kid’s SM. IMO

The HLN two part series was very well made.
The only thing that struck me in part two was just how focused on “local” they were. Not just Delphi and the surrounding area, a hundred mile radius or so, but right there in Delphi...right there...that’s where the killer is. Then how come nobody recognizes him? Multiple people ought to recognize him in a town that size if you are focusing down that narrow. If one person is too afraid to turn him in, there should be 9 others who recognize him. I don’t get it.
Watching it was frustrating and completely removed any hope I had that this will be solved anytime soon. The LE they talked to looked totally deflated and tired. This is a cold cold case. LE doesn’t want to say it but it is. It almost makes me want to cry how botched up this case is. Abby and Libby deserve so much better.
Sorry for the rant.
I hate to agree with you that it is a cold case, but I think it is as well. It is so infuriating. Sometimes I want to cry over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallasstar1968