TX TX - Madisonville, UnkFem 2-6, UP15905, feeding tube, in suitcase, clothes, blankets, Sep'16

It's so frustrating that they (apparently) can't track the lot number or whatever that is on the Mickey tube, at least to narrow down the region where it was placed. I'm sure this has been mentioned before but just...ugh.

Madisonville Jane Doe

Video at link of feeding tube, map, etc.

Blog-Unidentified%20Child%20with%20Feeding%20Tube.jpg

MJD_crime_scene.jpg

MJD_pink_shirt.jpg

MJD_suitcase.jpg

By Angeline Hartmann
09-17-2019

At the edge of a pasture off Interstate 45, between Houston and Dallas, a man mowing the property was forced to stop when his machinery suddenly struck something along the fence - a black suitcase. Packed inside was a pink dress with hearts and butterflies that said, “Follow Your Dreams,” a size-4 diaper and the skeletal remains of a little girl with her feeding tube. She was wrapped in white garbage bags.

The little girl, believed to have been between ages 2 and 6, had a medical condition called micrognathia in which her jaw was smaller than normal. This affected her ability to eat on her own, and she would have required medical care during her life. Surely, someone knew the little girl with the feeding tube.

It’s been three years since the grim discovery in Madison County, Texas on Sept. 17, 2016, and still, no one has stepped forward to identify the little girl now known only as “Madisonville Jane Doe.”

“These kinds of cases are the worst kind,” said Madison County Sheriff Travis Neeley. “They're frustrating because you feel helpless. I mean, I cannot bring nobody back to life by no means, but I want to bring some kind of peace, if nothing else.”

The little girl’s 1.2-centimeter feeding tube, which would have been surgically implanted, had the inscription “aa4069f02.” Investigators had hoped her feeding tube would lead them to answers but they say there’s not enough information to trace it.

It’s estimated that the little girl was dead for 3 to 5 months before she was found. Forensic experts believe she was Caucasian or Hispanic and had thick, dark hair. New genealogy research now reveals she also has Native American lineage. Her body had no signs of trauma and a cause of death hasn’t been determined. The manner of her death was ruled a homicide.

To help identify her, our forensic artists at the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children created a facial reconstruction using a CT scan of her skull.

Pollen analysis of the remains suggest that she was from the Southwest United States, most likely Southeast Arizona, or an adjacent region of Mexico.

“It’s normal for anyone who has compassion to be bothered by this case. This is a young child,” said Neeley. “They say it’s a horrible thing that happened to her, but they can walk away. Not me, I can’t say that and just walk away. It happened on my watch.”

The sheriff’s “watch” is almost over as he plans to retire from his 20-year law enforcement career. In his nine years as sheriff, he says there’s never been a murder in his rural county. Before he retires, Neeley is determined to finally solve the mystery of the little girl with the feeding tube.

If you have any information about Madisonville Jane Doe, please call the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678).

To learn more about the case, check out the 9/17/2019 episode of this podcast, “Inside Crime with Angeline Hartmann” at http://bit.ly/MadisonvilleJaneDoe.

NCMEC poster Have you seen this child?

Officials looking for answers 5 years after girl found in suitcase in Texas with Arizona ties

MADISONVILLE, TX (3TV/CBS 5) -- The five year anniversary of a young girl found in a suitcase in Texas with possible Arizona ties has prompted law enforcement to reach out to the public in hope of looking for a possible new lead about her and what happened to her.

About five years ago, a unidentified girl was found near the I-45 that connects Dallas and Houston. During their investigation, law enforcement found a pollen on her remains that showed a tie to southeast Arizona, according to a press release from Phoenix police. They say genealogy research say she is also have Native American heritage as well.

As a physician, a new first time mother, and somebody who happens to have a MIC-KEY button (J tube) myself, this case really drew me in on a personal level.

I am struggling with the fact that the inscription on the feeding tube was a complete dead end. I am going to research a few different avenues of thought I have on how the inscription might potentially be advantageous. I don’t have high hopes as I’m confident that LE has done their due diligence looking into this, but it can’t hurt to try. This little girl is definitely deserving of at least a few hours of my time! I am choosing to be optimistic that this precious child will get her name back.

Last edited:

Five years without a name! Five years later, and we don’t even know how old she would be now.

As overwhelmed as doctors, nurses, and other healthcare workers & hospital employees are right now, I assume this story finding whoever placed her tube, taught her guardian(s) to use it, prescribed her feeds, etc., is going to be less likely. I hope someone else who knew her will speak up and provide the lead LE needs. It may be the only way this case cracks.

I have been on Wikipedia looking at conditions associated with migrognathia, a small jaw.

Micrognathism - Wikipedia

They include:

Bloom syndrome, sufferers often have gastrointestinal difficulties and a remarkable lack of interest in food. They do typically have a characteristic “long” face, however this little Doe was so young I think that might not have been visible yet.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloom_syndrome

Cri du Chat syndrome, which has many possible symptoms. Many sufferers have wide apart eyes and a flattened nose bridge, but not all of them. The symptom that stood out to me was feeding problems due to difficulty swallowing and sucking. Sadly, the behavioural symptoms also stood out to me, as this was obviously a homicide and I was wondering about a lack of tolerance from her caregivers.

Di George syndrome: 30% have significant feeding problems. Also gastrointestinal problems are common. 90% have learning disabilities (again wondering about lack of caregivers tolerance).

Ehlers-Danlos syndrome: some types can cause gastrointestinal motility problems.

Mobius syndrome, which causes facial paralysis. It can cause feeding problems. But it’s often associated with other symptoms with this UID doesn’t have.

Noonan syndrome, which does cause wide set eyes in 95% of sufferers and low set ear in over 90%, which presumably would have a high chance of excluding this little Doe. However that is not all of the sufferers, and this condition is associated with many gastrointestinal disorders.

Silver Russell syndrome, a growth disorder that can cause feeding problems. Feeding tubes may be used, to ensure they get enough calories to maximise growth.

As a physician, a new first time mother, and somebody who happens to have a MIC-KEY button (J tube) myself, this case really drew me in on a personal level.

I am struggling with the fact that the inscription on the feeding tube was a complete dead end. I am going to research a few different avenues of thought I have on how the inscription might potentially be advantageous. I don’t have high hopes as I’m confident that LE has done their due diligence looking into this, but it can’t hurt to try. This little girl is definitely deserving of at least a few hours of my time! I am choosing to be optimistic that this precious child will get her name back.

Welcome <3
I agree, surely they can at least narrow down hospitals that ordered that batch number or something.

Welcome <3
I agree, surely they can at least narrow down hospitals that ordered that batch number or something.

Thank you very much for the warm welcome. Lots of great info you provided too, much appreciated!

This is my experience only, so this may or may not apply to this child. I had my initial j-tube inserted at a major hospital in a large city. I personally had it done under general anesthesia, however the procedure can also be performed using local anesthetic in the interventional radiology department. The initial tube placement was not with a MIC-KEY button which is low profile (sits flush with my abdomen), but with a higher profile tube that extended several inches outside of my body. Once healed, the initial tube was exchanged with MIC-KEY button but was ordered personally for me by my GI surgeon. It wasn’t something that the hospital had “on hand,” I actually had to wait 3’ish weeks after the order was placed for the company to supply what was needed. Although it wasn’t personally manufactured for me, the hospital placed a special order which is part of what gives me a glimmer of hope that somehow, this may be a part of the puzzle that can help give this girl her name back. Sorry for the long personal, anecdotal story. I am not a surgeon or a geneticist, so all I can offer is from my own experience.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back