GUILTY UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, found deceased, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #26

Very sad news about Claudia's father. In that case it does seem as if the police do know who is involved but do not have enough evidence to prove it.

In Leah's case it seems as if the police are not willing to investigate the one person who might have more information about her.
MOO

Totally agree skigh. On hearing the sad news about Claudia's father it did make me think that hers and Leah's cases are quite similar. :(

Totally agree skigh. On hearing the sad news about Claudia's father it did make me think that hers and Leah's cases are quite similar. :(

I do not think they are that similar .Claudia lived a much more vibrant life than Leah . The police have closely investigated her closest friends and associates. They have so far refused to speak with a man Leah was apparently secretly meeting .

I do not think they are that similar .Claudia lived a much more vibrant life than Leah . The police have closely investigated her closest friends and associates. They have so far refused to speak with a man Leah was apparently secretly meeting .

I just meant in the sense that both were 'linked' to married/unavailable men and there was a lot of secrecy around their private lives which came out after they disappeared. I have to admit I don't know an awful lot about Claudia's case and Leah I think sadly was young, naive and fell in love with the wrong person. I do find it odd how in Leah's case the police won't even entertain the idea of investigating certain 'friends' of hers.

*edited for grammar

The police don't know what Leah did the night before her disappearance because she kept it a secret! Everyone else has been interviewed.

Probably need to keep this thread relating to Libby. (But please do join us on the other threads too).

What would prompt an appeal? Would lawyers review as a matter of routine or is it up to PR to request contact with legal services?

Probably need to keep this thread relating to Libby. (But please do join us on the other threads too).

What would prompt an appeal? Would lawyers review as a matter of routine or is it up to PR to request contact with legal services?

I've just been reading through this page, it's got some useful information:

Appealing Against a Crown Court Sentence | Defence-Barrister.co.uk — Defence-Barrister.co.uk

"Do I always have the right to appeal against my Crown Court sentence?
No. To appeal against your sentence you have to get permission and this will only be granted if you have grounds which are considered to be properly arguable."

The appeal will have to be within 28 days, also.

I've just been reading through this page, it's got some useful information:

Appealing Against a Crown Court Sentence | Defence-Barrister.co.uk — Defence-Barrister.co.uk

"Do I always have the right to appeal against my Crown Court sentence?
No. To appeal against your sentence you have to get permission and this will only be granted if you have grounds which are considered to be properly arguable."

The appeal will have to be within 28 days, also.

thanks for that link, very interesting.

Ugh I remember this creep. People seem to think PR will be in for a tough time from the other 'residents' at Wakefield Prison but reality is they are probably all as bad as him. Huge amount of sex offenders and men that have committed crimes against women and children are in there.

Personally I think he will have a lot in common with them rather than feel at risk from them.

I thought it was the locals that knew he was Polish? From the neighbour that he targeted early on?

And this is where effective community policing, enabling proper engagement with the Polish, student and other local communities would quite likely have taken PR off the streets much sooner and possible spared Libby.

Local officers knowing the local issues, offence profiles, known villains and giving people the confidence to approach with concerns rather than anonymous telephone numbers does work hand over fist.

Sadly, reduced officer numbers has resulted in many offences not being properly investigated.

Rest in Peace Libby. Your story of hope and untimely tragic loss has touched many hearts.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, he is so dangerous that he can't associate with others prisoners or have means, by which he could fashion a makeshift weapon to attack a prison officer. I agree that it seems inhumane but Maudsley is inhuman so what else could be done?

To not have prison officers converse with him is quite literally a method of torture. To spend 25 years in solitary confinement is quite literally torture.

And this is where effective community policing, enabling proper engagement with the Polish, student and other local communities would quite likely have taken PR off the streets much sooner and possible spared Libby.

Local officers knowing the local issues, offence profiles, known villains and giving people the confidence to approach with concerns rather than anonymous telephone numbers does work hand over fist.

Sadly, reduced officer numbers has resulted in many offences not being properly investigated.

Rest in Peace Libby. Your story of hope and untimely tragic loss has touched many hearts.
I agree. Only PR is responsible but Libby was also a victim of savage police cuts that would have allowed investigation of his so called 'lower level' crimes. A real false economy when you consider not just the incredible human cost but the financial costs of investigating the results of not intervening early

To not have prison officers converse with him is quite literally a method of torture. To spend 25 years in solitary confinement is quite literally torture.

I feel really conflicted about him because he has done some awful things but never to anyone innocent and his childhood was truly horrific (I know many people have awful upbringings and no excuse).

But if the prison system cant handle him effectively enough that they have to keep him caged like an animal with no company then IMO he has been dealt a pretty crappy hand compared to some that have committed similar or worse crimes who appear to have it pretty cushy.

He is an old man now, surely there is a better way (secure hospital again maybe).

Murderer Pawel Relowicz likely to be deported back to Poland

Pawel Relowicz will almost certainly be deported when he is finally released, it has been confirmed.
I don't like the implications of this.
While the Home Office will not comment on individual cases, a spokesman said: “Any foreign national who is convicted of a crime and given a prison sentence is considered for deportation at the earliest opportunity."
As Relowicz had been living in the UK for several years and the crimes were committed in the UK, it is highly unlikely he will serve any of his sentence back in Poland.

I would agree with that. To be denied any meaningful human interaction is a form of mental torture. I would add the caveat though. We do not know the real situation or how Maudsley presents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back