Recovered/Located TX - Alexis Cavazos, 16, last seen leaving her job, Dallas, 7 Feb 2021

Just taking a first look at this thread.
I wonder if she had worn the sunglasses to work while still light & stuck them on her head as she closed up. She didn’t seem to have a purse or bag, and I do that all the time if I have my sunglasses somewhere after dark instead of carrying them.
I think it’s most likely she left her phone & money etc. behind because she intended to come back. It could possibly be b/c she was running away or even just going w/someone supposedly for a short drive, but simplest explanation is that she was coming back in for them. Of course knowing if any of the employees had planned to take her home would be key. Also important is the cook’s description of her leaving. Did she say good bye, like for the night? Act like she’ll be right back? How did she wear the sunglasses? Was she upset? In a hurry? Trying to sneak out unseen?
I tend to think she was wearing them on her head & wanted to look cool for whomever was in the car so pulled them down onto her face.

I mostly think she met the person & got in the car voluntarily & something happened. Drug related? Or bad intentions on car person’s part? But small possibility IMO that she ran off with someone & that’s why left phone etc. But why not take it & turn off? Perhaps to keep GPS at the restaurant as long as possible? But why not take the money at least? I don’t know, but her poor family. :(

The sunglasses are very curious, especially at night. A feeble attempt to conceal identity?

I'm very interested in this alleged argument she had on the premises earlier in the day. Any additional detail on that?

Amateur opinion and speculation
On 2/10 her father David Cavazos posted on FB - " Also anyone who knows of a white /Hispanic man with a lot of tattoos (raspy voice, may have had knife injury to the throat in the past) that she may have met recently, please call the Police. We have reports of an argument that may have taken place at her job, the night of her disappearance.Please continue to share and pray for Lexi's safe return".
I don't see this addressed again in any updates since then.

On 2/10 her father David Cavazos posted on FB - " Also anyone who knows of a white /Hispanic man with a lot of tattoos (raspy voice, may have had knife injury to the throat in the past) that she may have met recently, please call the Police. We have reports of an argument that may have taken place at her job, the night of her disappearance.Please continue to share and pray for Lexi's safe return".

Oh, darn.

Sounds like a gang member perhaps?

Amateur opinion and speculation

It sounds like she willingly met someone behind the restaurant at 11:30PM when everyone was leaving work. She uncharacteristically left through the back door. If her disappearance was related to the tattoo man argument, why would she willingly meet him alone in a dark alley?

It sounds like she willingly met someone behind the restaurant at 11:30PM when everyone was leaving work. She uncharacteristically left through the back door. If her disappearance was related to the tattoo man argument, why would she willingly meet him alone in a dark alley?
All speculation, but to me that post by the father suggests that the info he got about there being an argument at the restaurant was more of a personal argument rather than a work-related argument. He makes it sound as if she knew the man she got in an argument. Originally I thought it was a customer/employee dispute but it seems it was a much more personal argument by the way the father phrases that post.

All speculation, but to me that post by the father suggests that the info he got about there being an argument at the restaurant was more of a personal argument rather than a work-related argument. He makes it sound as if she knew the man she got in an argument. Originally I thought it was a customer/employee dispute but it seems it was a much more personal argument by the way the father phrases that post.
So many questions. I wish we knew more about this “incident/argument at the restaurant. So many things are baffling. The sunglasses I just don’t get. Leaving money behind. The phone, ok, if she didn’t want to be tracked. Maybe the person in the car said don’t bring your phone. But the money being left makes zero sense.
Praying for Alexis to come home safe, sound, and soon!

MOO complete speculation:
  • Her Dad said she might have recently began talking to a new guy. I'm guessing she wanted to impress him.
  • Perhaps he comes into the restaurant and tries to pressure her into going out with him after work.
  • She says no. They argue.
  • She cries.
  • He texts her or says in person to her ok then just meet me out back for a kiss goodnight.
  • She wears her sunglasses because she had been crying. She leaves everything else in the usual spot because she expects to come right back in.
  • She goes out back and he kidnaps her.
If something close to this scenario happened then I'm wondering:
  • Who was supposed to drive her home?
  • Is there any video from inside or outside the restaurant?
  • Any credit card records from the table where the argument supposedly happened?
I'm hopeful that if she is with this person she is still safe. He's likely holding her against her will but praying he will release her today.

All MOO

• Her Dad said she might have recently began talking to a new guy. I'm guessing she wanted to impress him.
  • Perhaps he comes into the restaurant and tries to pressure her into going out with him after work.
  • She cries.
  • He texts her or says in person to her ok then just meet me out back for a kiss goodnight.
  • She wears her sunglasses because she had been crying. She leaves everything else in the usual spot because she expects to come right back in.
  • Any credit card records from the table where the argument supposedly happened?
I'm hopeful that if she is with this person she is still safe. He's likely holding her against her will but praying he will release her today.

All MOO
Great thoughts TexLil. That’s an interesting scenario that might answer a lot of the facts that don’t make sense.

I have a relative who works at a restaurant...similar to the one that employed AC. From this young relative I get much of the goings on with regard to other employees. Who likes who. Who is dating who. Who dislikes who. Etc. Betcha at least one employee knows what, if any, relationship AC had with the person who made a commotion earlier in the day.

• She cries.

All MOO

My understanding is that her ride home was the person she met when she left work at 11:30 PM.

If the manager or a co-worker was supposed to drive her home, the story would be that she was catching a ride with a co-worker but popped into the back alley for a moment and vanished at the end of the night.

My understanding is that her ride home was the person she met when she left work at 11:30 PM.

If the manager or a co-worker was supposed to drive her home, the story would be that she was catching a ride with a co-worker but popped into the back alley for a moment and vanished at the end of the night.
If her coworkers suspected that she was in danger, hopefully they would call someone. Did anybody wonder out loud who she left with? How come that nobody noticed her phone and cards when she didn't return? It would be interesting to know if the same black car ever drove her home after work.

Last edited:
Just read from the beginning. Some random thoughts:

The sunglasses at 11:30 at night just throw me off.
In most cases (in my experience), girls/women only wear them at night to cover red eyes from crying, or a black eye from abuse.
16 year old girls don't leave their phone and debit/credit cards behind. (Source: mom to 6 girls.)
The car out back that the cook saw, may not even be connected to this.
The argument from earlier in the evening - related?
Agreed with the member who described the dynamics of the workplace - all my kids come home and tell me about who broke up with who, who said/did this or that. Teenage co-workers tend to know each other's business, even if they don't really want to.

jmo

Just read from the beginning. Some random thoughts:

The sunglasses at 11:30 at night just throw me off.
In most cases (in my experience), girls/women only wear them at night to cover red eyes from crying, or a black eye from abuse.
16 year old girls don't leave their phone and debit/credit cards behind. (Source: mom to 6 girls.)
The car out back that the cook saw, may not even be connected to this.
The argument from earlier in the evening - related?
Agreed with the member who described the dynamics of the workplace - all my kids come home and tell me about who broke up with who, who said/did this or that. Teenage co-workers tend to know each other's business, even if they don't really want to.

jmo

Some people wear sunglasses at night, or indoors, for the "cool" factor.

At the 7:20 mark, her father says that she put on dark sunglasses and left out the back door. Normally the team leaves together out the front door. According to the chef, she headed towards the car, but he doesn't know whether she got into the car.

She left her phone and ID next to the cashier, which is where she did her job.

Some people wear sunglasses at night, or indoors, for the "cool" factor.

At the 7:20 mark, her father says that she put on dark sunglasses and left out the back door. Normally the team leaves together out the front door. According to the chef, she headed towards the car, but he doesn't know whether she got into the car.

She left her phone and ID next to the cashier, which is where she did her job.

Yes, I've read all those details.
I realize some people do wear sunglasses at night, it's just an unusual thing to do.
Offhand I can't think of anyone I know who does that.
I also understand that she did ultimately leave her phone and debit/credit cards behind, but my comment that teen girls don't do that, meant that as a rule, they don't do that intentionally. Teens live on social media, literally. Heck, some adults do too for that matter.
I'm getting the impression she was fully intending to come back, collect her things and get her ride home.

jmo

Regarding leaving her personal items inside...my relative says anyone who is just going outside for a quick reason (smoke break, fresh air break, hello to family members, etc) would leave personal items. It lead me to believe AC did NOT think she would be outside for very long. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back