Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #129

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the 2 part special, did they show actual crime scene shots and, if so, what were they of?

Some of the things in the short clip I linked to were questionable, IMO. And slightly un-nerving. There is a quick night-time flash of a person taking 2 steps and the view was from ground level. He was wearing boots and the silver things the laces go through flashed in the light. Omg... how many times did we discuss BG's boots? I even have a screen cap with arrows pointing to those silver things.

Did the producers read peoples' comments and play to them?

Then, there was another quick look at what I think was the right side of the south end of the bridge. In all the videos I've looked at, I've never seen that particular area of the bridge. Nor did I ever consider he may have taken them off that side...it certainly looked more private than the creek side.

There were no actual crime scene photos shown IMO. There were re-creations of a phone lying on the ground next to a log and a shoe lying on the ground. Pretty sure this was just created by the show's production.

They did show the basic location where the girls were found as it appears currently. This was not something that had really been shown before, other than quickly on the news.

This URL for this link is messed up - an extra 2 characters got added to it that redirect immediately to other videos. (Probably something to do with the station updating their website.) The correct link is: WIS TV on Facebook Watch

There are several times in that snippet where Carter seems to look at specific individuals in his audience, whom we can't see but people in the room surely could. I think what you're seeing is he gives a deep sigh, or even gasps for a moment before he can continue talking. As if thinking about it, while looking at that person, really bothers him. I'd like to know if anyone in the room noticed it or remembers who he was looking at during those words.

So, there are many photos of this press conference still available on Google and they show the audience. There was a large bank of media/reporters in a certain part of the room, both still photographers and ones videoing for the news. There were large lights set up and so forth. I kind of think he was often looking into the news cameras filming him but that's JMO. Not saying any of these people were involved with the crime, just that they were his audience, broadcasting his words out to everyone at home.

Psychopaths can become very resentful and psychotic from rejection . Look at what happened after Hitler was not accepted at the art university in Vienna.

<RSBMFF>

the Evansdale murders were almost perfect if not perfect entirely. They have absolutely zip...this must be most enjoyable for the one who did the crimes...wonder if there is a meat processing facility in Evansdale. mOO

RBBM

There are several meat-packing plants in the Waterloo, IA area. Evansdale is a suburb of Waterloo.

Along with other WS posters, I've wondered if the Delphi perp(s) was rotating between meat-packing plants when this crime went down.

JMVHO.

Best 20 Meat Processing in Evansdale, IA with Reviews - YP.com

Last edited:
Excellent points, IMO.

I wanted to see if there was ever a case where LE came out and said "we now think we've released too much info to ever get a conviction." For obvious reasons you wouldn't expect many authorities to say that in public even if they privately believed it was true.

However, I did find this example fairly quickly: DA: Too much information released during sisters' murder investigation

In that case, the media reported that the victims had been doused in bleach to destroy evidence and reported on the specific investigative tactics that led to the suspect's capture. I thought the DA in that case explained his perspective very well on why that was highly destructive to an otherwise open and shut case.

I think the Delphi DA and LE fear a similar situation. This is bound to be a highly emotional trial situation from the perspective of the public who have been very invested in this case.

Perhaps the DA should consider getting a change of venue to recruit jurors who don't have local loyalties and aren't afraid to rule against an "upstanding" member of the community if necessary.

If the DNA and/or fingerprint evidence match the suspect they have in mind, that's a very strong case. People have been convicted of similar crimes on much less evidence. It sounds like its a moral dilemma for the community, though, IMO, it shouldn't be.

Deleted. Incorrectly quoted.

Last edited:
So, there are many photos of this press conference still available on Google and they show the audience. There was a large bank of media/reporters in a certain part of the room, both still photographers and ones videoing for the news. There were large lights set up and so forth. I kind of think he was often looking into the news cameras filming him but that's JMO. Not saying any of these people were involved with the crime, just that they were his audience, broadcasting his words out to everyone at home.

I downloaded a photo at the time.. but can't seem to post it here. asking for a url instead of just finding and attaching the .jpg

I went over to the ISP page for Abby and Libby, ISP: Delphi Homicide Investigation, to see if any thing was new or different from the last time I checked around a year ago. I can't say they have posted anything new, but, I realized I had never viewed all four of the video image files that are posted. I watched the one labeled: https://www.in.gov/isp/files/Delphi_MotionFix.webm, and it was so obvious to me now that the white thing in BG's neck area are flexi-cuffs like the type LE and Capitol insurrectionists carry. Here is a screenshot:

View attachment 284510

I think it's very possible that BG chased the girls down the hill, across the creek, and restrained one of them with the flexi-cuffs, then threatened to kill her if the other girl didn't comply to being restrained as well. That's how he would have gained control of both of them.

All JMO. Theory-busters are welcome. :)
IF the white thing is indeed something like flexy cuffs, I think, he used them before on another victim. The white thing doesn't have the shape of an unused new cuff.
I can't understand, why he would let white cuffs looking out his jacket? Is he a risk taker through and through, this monster?

Yes I agree to the seemingly two spots of eye direction, glares really. It's interesting to note exactly what was being said when they occured. The one to the middle area of the room in particular. I see these things and the feelings permeating and think he was talking to someone in the room. AJMO
I can remember, that I had the impression in 2019, that DC absolutely tried to look in no certain direction for too many seconds.

We, the public, shouldn't know, which suspect the LE had/have, IF they had/have one. Do you think, DC would have given himself away with looking straight in a certain direction? It makes no sense, IMO. It makes sense, when he didn't look in a direction, where the perp or his "supporter" may have sat/stood and when he did avoid eye contact. IMO So, tell me, in which direction DC didn't look straight. :) It would be more enlightening probably, possibly.

Last edited by a moderator:
(RS&BBM)

Bingo!

Someone in Delphi/very nearby appears (or so it would seem) to be... "un-convictable" (just made that up; sounds weird 'cause it *is* weird).

This ("perfection") is a huge part of the local LE's predicament (yes, hard for those of us who are "outsiders" to wrap our minds around).

Someone with...
  • prestige
  • power
  • authority
  • "clout"
  • $$$$$
  • "connections"
(pick one or more)
...is causing the local LE to have "fits" (internally speaking, that is; never publicly).

The problem is this: LE *does* have DNA. They do have fingerprints. Witnesses? Super-iffy on that, especially due to "helpful" (think: "dishonest") individuals :eek: toward the beginning of the investigation back in 2017. (They do have *more* than they're saying/what some might *want* them to say.)

The "one piece of evidence" that they need? Just one individual (likely a family member, nearby neighbor, or really good friend ["used to be a good friend" ;)] who will pin down exactly where the killer was during certain hours on *both* Feb. 13th and Feb. 14th, 2017).

So... which person (with a direct link to the killer) is ready and willing to put a "target" on his/her head? Hmm. Probably none.

All JMOO. "Moo, moooo..." :)

110% speculation.

I believe one of the key benefits to the Multi-Agency Task force involved in this investigation is it prevents such things as tipsters fear of reprisal or repercussions, undue influence or bias of any one agency and even corruption. The phone numbers of Indiana State Police and the FBI tip line have been continually communicated as well as the local tip line so it’s not as if the local police force have total control.

Shouldn’t that prevent your examples from occurring?

Even if the various agencies have competing theories, I’ve no doubt ISP or the FBI (if any sort of police corruption were involved, as that’s their mandate) have a reason to protect any one local Delphi citizen, regardless of power or influence....instead they’d jump loops at the opportunity of taking full credit in solving this high profile case.

JMO

honestly if the police know who he is then they have a duty to monitor his activities 24 hours a day until they find a way to charge him. He is more than extremely dangerous. mOO
I dunno... after re-listening to Carter's 2019 statements where he appears to be talking directly to the suspect, I can't help but wonder if the suspect he had in mind has since been eliminated by DNA-- and LE back to square one. :eek:

MOO

At 30-32 seconds in, while talking about that parked vehicle that was "abandoned" between the hours of 1-5 Feb 13th, 2017, watch ISP Carter's reaction to either something he sees, something he's saying or what appears to me to be a combination of thise two. Right when he speaks the words,
"Please contact the officers at the command post...".
Anyone else get a gut feeling from that? I'm just being curious and cautious.

I can only find this particular video from WIS NEWS on this link, hope it doesn't matter that it's Facebook. My apologies if I'm in error.
WIS TV on Facebook Watch
I'm not sure what you see, but I just want to point out that Carter actually says "between the hours of noon and 5, February 14, 2017."

Carter is speaking from notes, so one would assume he says what he means to say, but I am curious whether Carter has ever clarified whether he did in fact mean to say February 14, or misspoke and meant February 13.

Sniped for focus and BBM.

From the research I have done (this probably won't come as any surprise to anyone here), the sketches do share many features and the differences might be explained by the witnesses that gave their accounts to the artist(s?).
This is my own anecdotal experience, now that I'm pushing 30 I see 18 year olds and they look like babies, 2-3 years ago I felt much closer to them than I do now, it's like my perception of the age of people younger than me changed by a decade in 3 years (18 year olds looked 23 when I was 25-26, now they look as if they were 15).
I probably could've worded it better but all this to say that both sketches are quite likely the same person, but the witnesses may differ in age or general perception of themselves and others.
All JMO.
The chin and the beard are differences between sketch #1 and sketch #2, so I believe for a long time now, there are 2 relatives in the play (similar, but no twins). IMO of course.

The statement I will always remember from this case was made at the April 2019 press conference:

"We believe you are hiding in plain sight."

And the irony is that maybe it is the exact opposite.
If "plain sight" doesn't mean: Delphi, then I think, it is not the opposite, but just, what it is. IMO

I was surprised to see that Delphi and surrounding area is not just farmland..oh no...there is a lot of money and many upscale homes...not just corn and a broken-down bridge.

it's a very nice community from the looks of it. I say this because I think it has been painted as strictly RURAL, and it conjures visions of rundown farm houses and hay and stacks, with backwoods dudes from Deliverance in the forest.

It's not, it's actually so pretty I can see why people live there.

mOO

'New' Delphi suspect sketch was drawn days after murders of 2 Indiana girls, artist says

April 23, 2019

Delphi-Murder-Suspect-NEW.jpg

A sketch police believe may depict the face of the killer behind the 2017 slayings of two girls in Indiana and that was released to the public on Monday was actually drawn two years ago -- just days after the victim's bodies were discovered.

Indiana State Police said at a news conference the sketch shows the unidentified man suspected of murdering Libby German, 14, and Abby Williams, 13. Officials said the man is likely between the ages of 18 and 40, but may appear younger. He's also believed to have lived, worked or regularly visited Delphi, which is located about 60 miles northwest of Indianapolis.

The sketch artist with ISP who drew the face, Master Trooper Taylor Bryant, told the Indianapolis Star the picture presented as being new Monday had in fact been drawn Feb. 17, 2017, three days after the bodies of the two girls were discovered.

[..]

In vague terms, Bryant told the Star the image was based on the description of a man by a witness who reported seeing something they felt needed to be reported. The sketch is a "ballpark estimation of what the person looks like."

Bryant, who did not draw an earlier, widely-disseminated sketch released by police that showed a much-older looking person of interest, told the Star he creates his drawings based off how a witness describes a suspect using a "facial identification reference sheet," which allows people to describe a suspect based on various categories such as a person's head shape, style of eyebrows or type of nose.

[..]

But on Monday, officials said the new image came about after some bit of new information that had been "continuously reviewed and examined." Authorities said the image "more accurately" depicted the face of the suspect from video recorded on German's cell phone while she and Abigail were on the High Bridge.
_________

I'm not sure what you see, but I just want to point out that Carter actually says "between the hours of noon and 5, February 14, 2017."

Carter is speaking from notes, so one would assume he says what he means to say, but I am curious whether Carter has ever clarified whether he did in fact mean to say February 14, or misspoke and meant February 13.

Good catch, seems like he misspoke. Indy State Police released these clarification points on their website and sent to the media in the days after -->

DELPHI, Ind. -- The Indiana State Police have released clarification points and number of tips received related to the 2017 murders of Abby Williams and Libby German in Delphi.

Their Multi-Agency Task Force provided the following points of clarification after Monday’s informational news conference:
  • A car was parked in the abandoned CPS building parking lot between the hours of noon and 5:00 p.m. on February 13, 2017
    • We are looking for anyone who could give a description of vehicles that were in the parking lot during the time
  • The location of the abandoned CPS building was 6931 West 300 North, Delphi, IN
    • The building has since been demolished and the lot is vacant
  • The Multi-Agency Task Force is seeking tips and information about how the subject depicted in the sketch is linked to the Delphi area.
    • The Task Force is not asking for investigative suggestions
    • Tips on the suspect sketch are our main interest

Given that the first BG sketch closely resembles now-convicted sex offender Eldrige (Randolph County, IN), very curious about the witness for the first sketch recollection.

Was Eldrige known to the witness or did the witness see this person (resembling Eldrige) on the bridge trail?

8896030-0-image-a-42_1548263260104.jpg

Indiana man who looks like Delphi suspect is 'weird' and 'violent' | Daily Mail Online

ETA: More Q & A on the sketches

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #111

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member