Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #129

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand wanting to hold back as much as possible in hopes of going to trial and getting a conviction, but what is the risk of that?

LE is risking BG striking again instead of risking a few fake confessions or more confusion in what I believe is already a chaotic, cold case.

IMO their time is far better spent investigating false confessions than investigating another murder.

Im sure they have profilers and experts who know exactly how likely it is for BG to just call LE and confess. And I think that chance is zero. And the chance of him killing again is much higher.

LE’s goal needs to be changed from conviction-oriented to prevention-oriented. Look, I want justice for Abby and Libby as much as anyone. Hell I have a child exactly their age; it could’ve been her. But they need to get this guy off the streets and prevent more murders. The best way to honor Abby and Libby and serve the public is to prevent more killings. IMO
bbm
The killer deserves the right (hard) punishment, and he wouldn't get it, if LE would become reckless re infos to the public. The girls deserve JUSTICE for their unimaginable suffering, I think. They deserve justice also for their fearful (I believe) try to get secretly a video of this monster.
If LE is monitoring their suspect 24/7, it might perhaps help the prevention. Hopefully!

flex.png
IF the white thing is indeed something like flexy cuffs, I think, he used them before on another victim. The white thing doesn't have the shape of an unused new cuff.
I can't understand, why he would let white cuffs looking out his jacket? Is he a risk taker through and through, this monster?

Compare the pictures below:

New Flexi Cuffs and BG photo with them sticking up below:

main-qimg-5f3289060bcea9eb55c0d6639dbd7a82.webp

Screenshot_2021-02-16 Delphi_MotionFix webm.png

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you see, but I just want to point out that Carter actually says "between the hours of noon and 5, February 14, 2017."

Carter is speaking from notes, so one would assume he says what he means to say, but I am curious whether Carter has ever clarified whether he did in fact mean to say February 14, or misspoke and meant February 13.

He did in fact correct that shortly after the press conference. The car was supposed to be there on Feb 13 2017.

I believe Kelsie said in a live interview that she and a group of friends were on the road that goes under the bridge. She said they other group was searching the area below them. The fact that she says she yelled down to them backs that up.

Thanks for that info about the shoe. I found it here in the first short 2 minute clip. It also shows a blue phone case beside a tree. It shows both shoes and one is up against what appears to be a large, partly- decayed railroad tie and it looks like there is a steep drop-off right on the opposite side of the tie. I hope someone else checks out this clip and shares their thoughts.

https://www.downthehillpodcast.com/

Did they find out who owned the blue phone case? It doesn't look like it has been out in the weather. Would be great if it belonged to BG, thinking fingerprints all over it.

Did they find out who owned the blue phone case? It doesn't look like it has been out in the weather. Would be great if it belonged to BG, thinking fingerprints all over it.
I wish I knew. I thought maybe something was said in the special on tv.

RBBM

There are several meat-packing plants in the Waterloo, IA area. Evansdale is a suburb of Waterloo.

Along with other WS posters, I've wondered if the Delphi perp(s) was rotating between meat-packing plants when this crime went down.

JMVHO.

Best 20 Meat Processing in Evansdale, IA with Reviews - YP.com
I believe, the killer can't be some truck driver, who is ie. rotating between two of the Packers plants. Otherwise DC (had it been him?) wouldn't have said, that the community would be shocked, when they would learn of the killer (similar wording). Who would be shocked, if it were a truck driver/longhaul truck driver?? From the start a truck driver would have been a compatible suspect for this crime, we all thought and probably the Delphians thought also. IMO

[QUOTE="somequestions, post: 16632555, member: 156852"

And there are other strange things. For example, the creek water was right next to the crime scene location and the place is desolate with few people around. But I also read that maybe some clothing was found in the creek. So clothing was moved to the creek, but not the bodies? Does the killer have something wrong with his hands? Maybe the killer is not that experienced, but I wonder why he did not move the bodies into the water to get rid of evidence?
Snipped by me

Conversely, what if he drowned one or both of the girls first and then did bodily damage to them?

Sorry but I messed up somequestions post somehow.

Last edited:
Fingerprints...
I’m sure it varies by state, but a trucker with a hazmat endorsement would have prints on file. Recent posts reminded me that I’ve been fingerprinted at least three times as an adult: (attorney, 3 states), firearm (not a concealed permit), and volunteer with a vulnerable population. I’d have to research further, but just a quick survey of friends indicates that many of us have prints on file somewhere: real estate agent, pharma rep, and even a convenience store clerk (for lottery purposes). I’m not sure how this helps - just a note that I was surprised how many of us have prints on file.

I take my cue from the girls' loved ones for attitude toward LE.
I haven't heard or read more than mild and understandable frustration from them.
I figure if the girls' families can continue to support LE, then who am I to waver from their attitude?
The families are the ones suffering, grieving, some might even say tortured by the seeming lack of progress on this case.
I'm just a bystander. Who am I to criticize without knowing all the facts? What is my desire to know and to have the case solved compared to the feelings of the families?
Of course here on WS we have that right to criticize, within TOS. I'm not saying posters shouldn't post their criticisim and frustration. Just explaining why I'm not jumping on the 'LE are incompetent' bandwagon.
The families know more than we do, but they don't know what LE knows.
We don't know what we don't know.
My perspective is that supporting the families means taking the same attitude they have, that is an expression of my respect for the girls' loved ones.
JMO

I agree with you about the families and have heard what Kelsi German and others think. It seems to be similar to LE. I also agree that it is a good thing that the family is not frustrated and still supports LE after 4 years. The family in the Tabitha Tuder's case also still supports LE after nearly 18 years.

But sometimes I think that good detectives follow what they think even if it is not what the family members think because the ultimate goal is to solve the case.

[QUOTE="somequestions, post: 16632555, member: 156852"

And there are other strange things. For example, the creek water was right next to the crime scene location and the place is desolate with few people around. But I also read that maybe some clothing was found in the creek. So clothing was moved to the creek, but not the bodies? Does the killer have something wrong with his hands? Maybe the killer is not that experienced, but I wonder why he did not move the bodies into the water to get rid of evidence?
Snipped by me

Conversely, what if he drowned one or both of the girls first and then did bodily damage to them?

Sorry but I messed up somequestions post somehow.

I can see BG behind the girls as they cross the water and scampering up the side of the hill near the kill sight. BG maybe grabbed at Libby'sweatpants and her wiggling out of them to get away from him(maybe even underwear too). Thus the clothes in the water.

This case is so heartbreaking...and frustrating. It's been three years and LE doesn't seem to have made ANY progress at all. I lost faith in them a long time ago. Maybe it's time they release more info about the crime and additional video/audio (assuming they have any; I'm starting to think they don't have anything else and just want the killer to believe there's more).

Does anyone know if the girls' family members were given any additional info that's not been publicly released (such as method used and whether there was a sexual assault etc.)?

This is the first time I'm posting here but I've followed these threads for at least a year and Abby & Libby's case more or less since it happened.
Anna Williams did an interview a few months back, you can find it here:
The Delphi Murders: Anna Williams Interview

I'm 99% sure this interview was approved for discussion (probably in the the thread right before this one) because the two interviewers were very straight-forward and professional. However if I'm wrong I will of course remove my post.
I don't think Anna discussed this in the actual interview (she MAY have briefly, the video is an hour and a half and I don't recall everything they discussed) but for awhile she was responding to some of the comments and one of the ones she replied to was asking about cause of death. Her response was that she doesn't know how the girls were killed.

<modsnip, removed social media comments>

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't watched the second part of Down The Hill yet however, I have been on this thread since day 1. Unfortunately.

I hate to throw shade at LE, I really do but I'm not sure who's really driving the bus here.

You had Carroll County. You had ISP, the FBI. How did this investigation get so mired down?

Leadership or lack thereof? Egos?

Who decided to put out that second portrait? That move and that Presser was odd. It was blatantly directed at the killer. No question in my mind. So is the FBI still involved? Was that their decision?

I can't UNSEE the first portrait. I can't see the younger face in that video so I have become unable to even think past the first portrait.

I wonder how many others are in the same boat?

Who is leading the investigation now?

This guy should be behind bars by now. We have his walk, we have his voice and you know that LE has more. I can't believe they can't release something else to jog memories.

I blather on but this case makes me angry and the handling of it makes me even angrier. This was NOT a perfect crime. So what happened?

MOO
Me, me, me, me, me, meeee. The Backfire Effect is REAL.

This post lands at random.

Third party links to content that is not news media need to be approved. If the youTube link previously posted is approved, the post will be restored.

Do not post artistic renditions of Bridge Guy without checking with a moderator first and explaining the origin of the drawing.

Thank you for your dedication to this case.

- I wonder if the bridge itself had ever been minimally restored? Maybe, even two planks replaced? Here is another profession that no one would notice, bridge repairman..

- I don’t think the girls knew him, nor specifically recognized the voice, but I wonder if he was after one girl? That he even said to the other one, “go home, I need to talk to your friend”?

Everyone praises the girls for not abandoning each other. Maybe one of them had a very good chance to escape. That indicates that he knew very little of the second girl, her character and personality.

To me, it is quite possible that:

- he was after one victim
- he was either unknown to both, or maybe known to the intended one, but he felt safe letting the other one go - so he is not super local
- this does not explain the motive, because maybe the victim merely resembled him someone (the girl that dumped him, or some girl who, he considered, bullied him in his high school times)

About the voice. I don’t hear anything “familiar” in it, except the accent and manner of speaking. But the reason people thought TL had similar voice, and DC has similar voice, is because of the locality, I think. He speaks like a local. That is it. Plus, recorded voice never sounds like the real one.
There was a bridge restoration project for which JKK was the photographer. FSG and his brother were members and several others. Stories and photos were done for the local papers to raise money for the restoration and to get city approval for it. I think it was in 2016 and 2017.

Last edited:
<modsnip: Quoted post as removed>

I keep wondering if Carter was specifically referring to how they were left when he said this: “And I can assure you, that how you left them in that woods, is not, is not, what they are experiencing today”

I didn’t think it meant more than the horrendous act itself but it could be related to the position they were left in IMO

If the ISP has zeroed in on a suspect but doesn’t have enough to make an arrest, I’m terrified that tunnel vision may be to blame. I hope and pray and cross my fingers and wish on shooting stars that LE is (really and truly) open to all possibilities and suspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam