FL FL - Noemi Bolivar, 21, went for a walk, Hollywood, 11 Feb 2021

From what I see where the last phone ping is that it's three minutes from the nature preserve.

It indicates a boardwalk. In Florida does that mean a walk directly on the beach. I ask as opposed to one built above the beach with entertainment?

This poor family.
You can take a look at the park here. It is very typical of FL parks all over the state. The land is so low that boardwalks are usually built to get you out over the wetlands, swamps, bodies of water, etc.

Parks

Marycel Bolivar said, “I am beyond worried. I am terrified. We have not heard from her in four days. She is not the type of girl to disappear. She’s a church going girl and she has never done anything like this before. This is so out of character. She didn’t take any money and left all her belongings here. What worries me is that someone may have taken her.”

More at ‘Someone May Have Taken Her’: Mother & Father Plead For Public’s Help In Search For Missing Daughter Noemi Bolivar
I'm a little behind but this article says that, per her parents, Noemi was last heard from in a Snapchat. Do we know what time that was? MOO

Here's the timeline I have. Is this correct? Anything to add?

Where does the Snapchat fit in? I'm thinking it may be the 6 pm photo sent to her friend but can't find confirmation.

Also, who last saw her at 4 pm or was this sighting via security footage? MOO

Feb 11, 2021

Prior to 4 pm - Noemi took a city bus to Ann Kolb Nature Center. She was
texting and sending photos to a friend as she made her way on foot and by bus.

4 pm - She was last seen in the area of the nature center.

6 pm - She sent her friend one last photo of the scenery at the park.

7 pm - Noemi's brother became concerned when she hadn't called or texted.

8 pm - Noemi and her brother both needed to be somewhere else at this time.

10 pm - Her phone pinged near 2300 South Ocean Dr, about 3 miles away from the nature center.

11 pm - Her phone pinged again near 2300 North Ocean Drive, about 1.5 miles from the nature center.

Here's the timeline I have. Is this correct? Anything to add?

Where does the Snapchat fit in? I'm thinking it may be the 6 pm photo sent to her friend but can't find confirmation.

Also, who last saw her at 4 pm or was this sighting via security footage? MOO

Feb 11, 2021

Prior to 4 pm - Noemi took a city bus to Ann Kolb Nature Center. She was
texting and sending photos to a friend as she made her way on foot and by bus.

4 pm - She was last seen in the area of the nature center.

6 pm - She sent her friend one last photo of the scenery at the park.

7 pm - Noemi's brother became concerned when she hadn't called or texted.

8 pm - Noemi and her brother both needed to be somewhere else at this time.

10 pm - Her phone pinged near 2300 South Ocean Dr, about 3 miles away from the nature center.

11 pm - Her phone pinged again near 2300 North Ocean Drive, about 1.5 miles from the nature center.

Great job - two things...
4 pm
I'm not sure what is most accurate but the MPRC missing poster says she left home after 4pm.
The sun sentinel says parents say she left home at about 4pm.

around 7pm - I'd just add that's when brother said he also called police (per miami herald)
Also from there "Her parents say uniformed officers from the Hollywood police department searched for about two hours on Thursday night before assigning the case to a detective." (per sun sentinel)

Great job - two things...
4 pm
I'm not sure what is most accurate but the MPRC missing poster says she left home after 4pm.
The sun sentinel says parents say she left home at about 4pm.

around 7pm - I'd just add that's when brother said he also called police (per miami herald)
Also from there "Her parents say uniformed officers from the Hollywood police department searched for about two hours on Thursday night before assigning the case to a detective." (per sun sentinel)
Thanks, Moe. :)

I used 4 pm as the time she was last seen according to Hollywood Police Department | Facebook. I don't know where MPRC got that information. It is possible that LE received add'l info and never updated their post, but I just don't know that. Do we know how close she lives to the nature center?

I'll definitely add the time of brother's report and the two hour search by LE.

Thanks again! MOO

Search continues for missing 21-year-old woman from Hollywood

Feb 16
Volunteers returned to the Anne Kolb Nature Center in Hollywood Tuesday morning to continue the search for Noemi Bolivar, 21, who’s been missing since Thursday.

Noemi Bolivar took a selfie at the observation tower inside the park and sent it to a friend on Snapchat.

But she stopped sending or receiving messages and phone calls around 6:15 p.m.

This independent reporter went to the park and took video of the entire trail along and went to where she was at the park along with narration of his personal experiences at the park, how "spooky" it can get near night time, and how long and tiring it is to walk the entire thing. It's very good information for anyone looking at this case. Begins around 30 minute mark: Noemi Bolivar Florida Missing Woman | Broward County Missing Person - iCkEdMeL UPDATES & Vids

Thanks for this, I'm watching now.

He said she has a degree in Wildlife Ecology, so surely she is very capable of wandering around in a nature reserve. I suppose that can quickly change if you get lost, and it's Florida (creatures and swampland).

It is a little bit odd that she arrived at the park so late in the day, especially if it takes her a half hour to get there by bus, and yet it closes at 6. Was she meeting someone?

This article says:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article249264735.html

"Hollywood officers said her cell phone pinged near 2300 South Ocean Drive, which is about three miles away from the nature center, at 10 p.m., according to the Missing Person Support Center.

The phone pinged again at 11 p.m., this time at 2300 North Ocean Drive, about a mile and a half from Ann Kolb."

So her phone pinged south of the park at 10 pm, then pinged north of that an hour later at 11pm, which is a walking distance of about an hour from 2300 S Ocean to 2300 N Ocean. (So it is doable if she was walking).

Last edited:
I believe this is Noemi's Pinterest:

Noemi Bolivar (nbolivar04) - Profile | Pinterest

I'm immediately interested in her Pokemon folder (not sure if she played on her phone). That might be one reason she enjoyed walking through the park. I used to chase those things down all over the place when the app first came out, and the farther out in the middle of wilderness you are, the "rarer" Pokemons can pop up. Imo.

@mlhenn the link in my post (#30) has the ping times.

Last edited:
Multiple law enforcement agencies are assisting in the search for a missing 21-year-old woman with autism.

Hollywood police officers, K-9 units and deputies from the Broward Sheriff’s Office were taking part in the search Wednesday just south of the Anne Kolb Nature Center, where Noemi Bolivar was last known to be.

They said they believe she caught a bus to go hiking at the nature center.

NOILJHF5GFAOJLM7UDBUR2O3OI.jpg

“She’s just a nature girl. She loves birds. That’s her passion, go look at the birds and the plants and everything,” her mother, Marycel Bolivar, said.

Noemi took a selfie at the observation tower inside the park and sent it to a friend on Snapchat.

Noemi’s parents say she is high-functioning, however she has the social maturity of a 15-year-old girl.
Authorities search wooded area in Hollywood for missing woman

Published: FEB 15, 2021 AT 3:47 PM

Where is Noemi Bolivar? Woman, 21, disappeared four days ago after going for a walk

Snips:
They say that Noemi Bolivar, a recent graduate of Brigham Young University-Idaho, was texting and sending photos to a college friend who lives in another state as she made her way on foot and by bus to the Ann Kolb Nature center.

But after sending her friend one last photo of the scenery at the park at around 6:00 p.m., she disappeared.

Her parents note that Noemi left the home on Thursday at around 4 p.m. without a credit card and without identification.

Was she texting the friend or talking to the friend that she was sending the photo to?

Multiple law enforcement agencies are assisting in the search for a missing 21-year-old woman with autism.

Hollywood police officers, K-9 units and deputies from the Broward Sheriff’s Office were taking part in the search Wednesday just south of the Anne Kolb Nature Center, where Noemi Bolivar was last known to be.

They said they believe she caught a bus to go hiking at the nature center.

NOILJHF5GFAOJLM7UDBUR2O3OI.jpg

“She’s just a nature girl. She loves birds. That’s her passion, go look at the birds and the plants and everything,” her mother, Marycel Bolivar, said.

Noemi took a selfie at the observation tower inside the park and sent it to a friend on Snapchat.

Noemi’s parents say she is high-functioning, however she has the social maturity of a 15-year-old girl.
Authorities search wooded area in Hollywood for missing woman
From the video, the search area is described as:

1) Wooded area just south of the Ann Kolb Nature Center near the Intercoastal Bridge
2) Just across the street from the observation tower where she took a selfie
3) Just off Sheridan Street

I’m very familiar with the areas where her phone pinged as I’ve vacationed there and spent hours walking up and down N/S Ocean Drive. In a normal year, it would be pretty touristy right now, but I’m not sure how COVID has affected visitation to the area.

The area where her phone LAST pinged, N Ocean Drive, is not far from the Margaritaville resort and is near gobs of hotels/lodging. Again, in a normal year, this area would be pretty populated right now, especially during the daylight hours.

It is actually almost 8 miles straight East of where Leila Cavett went missing.

The S Ocean Drive location is right near the Trump hotel in Hollywood. It’s a relatively nice area full of many high-rises.

Great to have a local! Thanks for your insight, @zucchinibread.

This is from yesterday but it has video of Noemi and a map showing where her phone pinged on N. Ocean between Taft St and Magnolia Terrace.

FEB 16, 2021
Search for Missing Hollywood Woman Continues
Yes, I read in one article that it was about an hour between pings at Magnolia Terrace and then Taft. Indicates walking speed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back