GUILTY MI - Gary and Laura Johnson, mid-60's, Portage, Feb 2021 *son arrested*

How horrible.

Breaks my heart to hear Laura admit she didn’t know how much more she could take.

Mental Illness or just a bad dude? His mugshots are scary. Very angry looking. I can’t imagine dealing with this guy as a parent.

Heartbreaking.

I think we all knew this was coming :(
I had to look this up, so I figured I'd go ahead and leave it here:

* Open Murder: [MCL 767.71] -- Michigan law does not require a prosecutor to choose between First Degree or Second Degree Murder when issuing a complaint, or even at trial. A prosecutor may charge "Open Murder", which is a combination of First and Second Degree Murder, and the jury may determine the appropriate degree based on the proofs.
What does the term open murder mean? Legal Definitions Legal Questions & Answers

* Open Murder: [MCL 767.71] -- Michigan law does not require a prosecutor to choose between First Degree or Second Degree Murder when issuing a complaint, or even at trial. A prosecutor may charge "Open Murder", which is a combination of First and Second Degree Murder, and the jury may determine the appropriate degree based on the proofs.
What does the term open murder mean? Legal Definitions Legal Questions & Answers

I’ve never heard of the Open Murder charge, and I didn’t read the link, but the concept seems like it might keep things moving a little faster and easier for prosecutors.

Thanks for that Ontario Mom, I was just going to look it up.

Nicholas Johnson was expected to be arraigned Thursday in Kalamazoo County District Court.

Gary and Laura Johnson went missing earlier this month. Their bodies were unearthed Friday at Gourdneck State Game Area in Portage, about three miles from their home.

Police entered the home last week and found signs of violence after Gary's employer said he had not logged on for work.

Their son was found in a storage unit at an apartment building and had his parents' car, police said.
Mich. man to be arraigned on murder charges after parents found dead

Gary and Laura Johnson “painted a picture of stability that doesn’t really exist anymore,” said David Johnson, Gary’s older brother.

The couple, married for 32 years, met in elementary school and began dating in the mid-1980s, about 10 years after they graduated from Kalamazoo Loy Norrix in 1974, he said.

Nearly 80 hours after an exhaustive, around-the-clock search began Tuesday, Feb. 9, at the couple’s Romence Road home, the bodies of David Johnson’s brother, Gary Johnson, 65, and sister-in-law, Laura Johnson, 64, were found buried in the woods at Gourdneck State Game Area on Friday, Feb. 12.
Portage couple found dead were ‘stable’ and dedicated people, brother says

first link he uncle says they have had issues with him since he was FOUR. yikes! was he ever diagnosed with anything?
My mom was a psychiatric nurse and they would have children as patients they were sure that they were going to grow up to be serial killers. One 6 year old killed his older sister and was in, but his stay was temporary and my mom said he was uncontrollable so she could not imagine what his parents went through. That was in the 80’s.

Yeah, in this case it is pretty much a given. MOO

Noting:

[...]

The Center for Forensic Psychology, per state law, now has 60 days to submit a written recommendation to the court, including its findings and opinion on whether the defendant is competent to stand trial.

The court then has five days to review the findings before issuing a ruling on the defendant’s competency. Johnson is scheduled to return to Kalamazoo County District Court May 11 to hear the court’s ruling.

[...]

The prosecutor said his office will be making a request that Johnsons’ other pending cases will be continued until May 11, when his status conference is scheduled in the double homicide case.

[...]

The poor parents had issues with their son since he was 4 years old?!? Oh my.....that's 23 long years to put up with his psychopathic ways. I don't know if in cases like this mental health help would have been enough. Some people are born naturally psychopathic and it grows into evil.
The Fox online news report states he shot both his parents in the head, and the walls and ceiling were splattered with blood.
I see on Michigan arrests website, Nicholas also assaulted police officers on a few occasions, so he certainly has no respect or fear of the law.
His mugshots make him look tired of life, yet calm and dead in the eyes.

I just don't have the words for what poor Gary and Laura must have gone through. RIP.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back