MA MA - Sandra Crispo, 54, Hanson, 7 August 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to revisit the 1st podcast Mike Morford 3/14/20
http://missingpersonspodcast.net/episode-1-sandra-crispo/

I was interested in the time given for when she was dropped off at home, it said AROUND 5:00 p.m. I think this is very interesting. MOO
So we know she made it into the house and called her cousin T at 5:30 pm if this timeline is correct because she doesn’t have a cell phone so had to use the landline to call. Wonder what she needed to do that she couldn’t just set a time to be picked up at 5:30 pm when they spoke.

So we know she made it into the house and called her cousin T at 5:30 pm if this timeline is correct because she doesn’t have a cell phone so had to use the landline to call. Wonder what she needed to do that she couldn’t just set a time to be picked up at 5:30 pm when they spoke.

So I just went back and listed to T's comments about Wednesday and the call. Starts at 32:20 where she states the police called her because "I was the last phone call she had had on her phone". She doesn't say she actually spoke to Sandra at 5:30 or that Sandra left her a message. Which means it was probably an incoming call to Sandra. So it sounds as if T. may be saying they'd made plans earlier in the day and Sandra was going to get back to her once she confirmed her car was dropped off and her SIL had returned her home. If the SIL did return her home around 5 pm as he says (easily confirmable by Cumbie's CCTV) and her cousin called at 5:30 to confirm a pick up time, Sandra either didn't hear the call or opted not to answer the phone. And then never followed back up with T. to discuss their earlier plans. Troubling.

I just can't shake the feeling that her disappearance has some connection to the note that was left on her doorstep/stoop/porch. Even though the subject of the note was allegedly cleared by LE, I just wonder: How rock-solid was his alibi?

I just can't shake the feeling that her disappearance has some connection to the note that was left on her doorstep/stoop/porch. Even though the subject of the note was allegedly cleared by LE, I just wonder: How rock-solid was his alibi?

The neighbors complained about a lot who were coming by Sandra's house after news stories were aired. As LE ruled the person out, my guess is it was just someone who wanted to get revenge on someone or was otherwise a nut who wanted to insert herself into the investigation. Lots of crazy people out there.

My current interest is in the 5:00 to 5:30 pm time frame on Wednesday. Just off the top of my head, I'll break this down based upon what we know (or think we know).

1. SIL dropped her off at 5 as he says, and even though he didn't watch her enter the house, she either left the door unlocked, had a spare key with her, or didn't give her house key to the mechanic and she entered the house without difficulty. When Cousin T called at 5:30, Sandra either was outside and didn't hear phone, didn't have caller ID or VM or didn't bother to check either, or simply decided she didn't want to out so never contacted her cousin, despite their earlier plans.

2. SIL dropped her off at 5 and didn't watch her go in. She'd locked the door, accidentally left her only key with the mechanic and couldn't get in (One of my husband's classic moves! He's broken a couple of windows over the years.) Sandra didn't have a cell phone, so her only option was to ask a neighbor to call SIL for her. According to her cousin, Sandra knew everyones' numbers by heart. Upon reaching out to a neighbor, something went wrong and the SIL never got a call.

3. SIL is simply mistaken about the time he dropped Sandra off, and Sandra wasn't yet home when T.'s call came in at 5:30.

4. SIL didn't bring her home.

What am I missing? Somehow none of these scenarios seem very plausible to me, unless it's number 1 and Sandra really just blew her cousin totally off and something went wrong later that night. But if I were in LE, I'd want to know from T. if Sandra had a tendancy to behave like this or had ever flat-out blown her off at other times when they had more or less firm plans. I'm not intersted in what anyone else says about it, she was very close to T. and T. should be able to easily answer that question.

Last edited:
So I just went back and listed to T's comments about Wednesday and the call. Starts at 32:20 where she states the police called her because "I was the last phone call she had had on her phone". She doesn't say she actually spoke to Sandra at 5:30 or that Sandra left her a message. Which means it was probably an incoming call to Sandra. So it sounds as if T. may be saying they'd made plans earlier in the day and Sandra was going to get back to her once she confirmed her car was dropped off and her SIL had returned her home. If the SIL did return her home around 5 pm as he says (easily confirmable by Cumbie's CCTV) and her cousin called at 5:30 to confirm a pick up time, Sandra either didn't hear the call or opted not to answer the phone. And then never followed back up with T. to discuss their earlier plans. Troubling.

I just listened to the original podcast again and when they mention last outgoing call was to Laina on Tuesday and last incoming was Wednesday from cousin T. while the grandchildren were still there, MOO is that these are calls where Sandra actually spoke to them, connected calls if you will, not just dialed or incoming or missed calls. I don’t know if I am explaining it correctly but if indeed the last call incoming when Sandra actually spoke with her cousin was at 5:30 while the children were still there she had NOT gone to drop off car yet. I don’t recall if it was ever mentioned what time the Cumberland Farm stop was, but it has been mentioned that Sandra was dropped off at home around 5:00. I could be way off with the last incoming outgoing calls being live calls just MOO.

I just find that whole scenario odd, why drop a note on a porch where it may get blown away or not seen when you could easily call cops anonymously and give the same info? MOO

The host @102.54 states outgoing call to T (cousin) @5:30 pm. why was T waiting for her to call when Sandra did call as planned indicated by phone records! We can go back and look at Cumberland farms to see what time she was there. Also the back door was unlocked. Either she left it unlocked or had a key. she wouldn't need to see the neighbor for being locked out and matter of fact lights were on which meant it was probably after 7:30 pm because its still light out. Sunset on 8/7/19 was at 7:56! What happened Sandra? If Sandra didn't care about money why didn't she divide the fathers assets?

Last edited:
The host @102.54 states outgoing call to T (cousin) @5:30 pm. why was T waiting for her to call when Sandra did call as planned indicated by phone records! We can go back and look at Cumberland farms to see what time she was there. Also the back door was unlocked. Either she left it unlocked or had a key. she wouldn't need to see the neighbor for being locked out and matter of fact lights were on which meant it was probably after 7:30 pm because its still light out. Sunset on 8/7/19 was at 7:56! What happened Sandra? If Sandra didn't care about money why didn't she divide the fathers assets?
The call with T was while the grandkids were still at Sandras house and she had NOT yet dropped her car off, according to T Sandra was to call her back when she returned from mechanics. So the timeline is wonky, SIL states he dropped her off at home around 5:00 p.m. AFAIK we don’t have actual timestamp footage from Cumberland Farms.

Thoughts: So, Sandra was 54, had no cell phone, no debit card and seemed to rely on (or need?) others to facilitate the administration of her life. She lived with her elderly father before he died, but HE actually took care of her.

The only jobs she seemed to ever have were helping out on her husband's fishing boat (before the divorce) and babysitting her grandkids. Both are not proper 'jobs' with an employer in the classic sense. Was she not capable of having a job or holding one down?

Also, not having a debit card would be extremely inconvenient, needing many trips into an actual bank to withdraw money every week or so....did her daughter and SIL take care of that too and almost giver her an 'allowance' of her own money?

When he passed on, her daughter and SIL decided it best she lives closer to her and stated 'we bought her a house'. But as the money from the sale of her father's house went to Sandra herself, technically her daughter and SIL didn't buy her a house. Or did they take over the bank account, choose and buy a house close by she seemed relatively okay with and just uprooted her, and she went along with it?

It sounds like Sandra may have trouble making decisions for herself. Her car was damaged in a snow bank (March at the latest?) and she was getting it repaired in August?! Five months later! Or rather her daughter and SIL were getting it repaired for her.

It does from all this sound like Sandra may have had some form of long term mental illness or psychiatric disorder causing problems with thinking and daily living. She sounds almost child-like in her dependency on others for most of her life.

I just listened to the original podcast again and when they mention last outgoing call was to Laina on Tuesday and last incoming was Wednesday from cousin T. while the grandchildren were still there, MOO is that these are calls where Sandra actually spoke to them, connected calls if you will, not just dialed or incoming or missed calls. I don’t know if I am explaining it correctly but if indeed the last call incoming when Sandra actually spoke with her cousin was at 5:30 while the children were still there she had NOT gone to drop off car yet. I don’t recall if it was ever mentioned what time the Cumberland Farm stop was, but it has been mentioned that Sandra was dropped off at home around 5:00. I could be way off with the last incoming outgoing calls being live calls just MOO.
Not sure what first podcast you are referring to. But on THE last podcast for Vanished the host says sandras last outgoing call was to T at 5:30.

Not sure what first podcast you are referring to. But on THE last podcast for Vanished the host says sandras last outgoing call was to T at 5:30.
So, we know she was home at 17.30hrs. When the daughter went to the house the following morning all the inside lights were still on, so it must've been dark when she put them on, and it went dark at approx. 20.00hrs, so she must've been at home then too.
And not turning all the lights off indicated she hadn't gone to bed. So, from that we can say the time window of disappearance is approx. 20.00hrs to 23.00hrs or maybe even 00.00hrs midnight.

If you Google the date 8/7/2019 sunset it will give you sunrise and sunset time which was 7:56. Youre right a small window of time because the lights were still on so she didn't go to bed and the dog was found with no food or water. So the timeline makes sense. Soon as it got dark out seems something happened.

Last edited:
I would say they never spoke. The vanished narrator said Sandra called T at 5:30 and according to T, she didn't know Sandra called her at 5:30 for some reason. I find that odd and I also find it odd that T kept referring to their relationship, making reference that they never fought and always got along. If I spoke about my cousin and we never had issues it wouldn't cross my mind to say that over and over again. Not sure why so much of the past is important either. Nothing much about the present or how the family felt about Sandra taking all of the fathers possessions after he died...yet Sandra didn't care about money. Everyone in Sandras family...children and grandkids would benefit from the inheritance. I heard sandras father was spry and died unexpectedly.

At 33:02 of The Vanished episode on Sandra Crispo, the Cousin "T." says that the police told "T" that her number was the last number on Sandra's landline activity report. That is because T had called Sandra earlier in the day on Wednesday to discuss Sandra spending the night with T at her home on Wednesday. Sandra was supposed to call T back on Wednesday, after Sandra got back from dropping her car off at the mechanics. Sandra never got back to T on Wednesday. Sandra did not call T back on Wednesday, nor did she attempt to call T. Nada. Nothing. Zilch. No calls to or from Sandra beyond that call on Wednesday in which Sandra spoke to T when T called her.

O.K. The dead horse is really dead now.

Someone paid Sandra a visit that night at her home. That is why she never called T back. She was otherwise occupied, but not by choice. Something bad happened to Sandra that night. (IMO.)

They didn't speak. It seems T didn't get Sandras call for some reason

Checking in for Sandra. I'm worried that maybe someone close to her became tired of her and her simple way of looking at life. I'm not bashing Sandra at all. ---> ( simple meaning: no computer, debit card, cell , etc. She enjoyed relying on others to care for her. Possibly someone was not happy with that. Did someone feel "put upon" too much?)

IMO

Last edited:
Sandra got her father’s inheritance? Money? His house?

She didn’t have a debit card.

Did someone think she had cash in the house?

Did someone confront Sandra in her own home over money? Or the way it was distributed?

Knowing her schedule and that she would be alone?

JMO

The original is
http://missingpersonspodcast.net/episode-1-sandra-crispo/
Calls mentioned starting
about the 8:03 mark it is noted the last OUTGOING call was Tues to Laina the last INCOMING call was Wednesday from T while the kids were still with Sandra and if that was at 5:30 and T said Sandra was supposed to call her back after she dropped the car off, it makes no sense that she was dropped off home after the mechanics around 5:00 ish MOO
I wish we had the timestamp fromCumberland Farms.
BBM

Someone on reddit mentioned her daughter said so in a podcast. No bank account and no debit card.

Which makes you wonder where the money from the sale of her father's house went into? The daughter's and SIL's bank account?? Maybe that's why the estrangement ended and Sandra and her daughter re-ignited the relationship.
Maybe that's why the daughter and SIL said "We bought her a house."
They bought it with Sandra's own money for her?
And as she doesn't seem like a woman to make her own desicions, she went along with it and moved. And maybe she didn't like it there, away from her long time home area and not knowing anyone and/or going anywhere.

I believe that, in The Vanished podcast, the SIL says that they assisted Sandra in getting the father's house sold and helping her to set up a bank account to put the money into so that she could live off of the proceeds from the sale. She did have her own bank account; possibly they were also on the account in case she needed help with financial transactions. Since she did not have a computer or cell phone, there would be no paying of bills electronically. The old checkbook would be relied on. It is also possible that her daughter and/or SIL paid her bills electronically for her, using her bank account to which they may have had access.

In the same podcast, the daughter said that she and Sandra became closer after she had her children. On becoming a grandma, Sandra was given a new purpose in life because she was needed to help her daughter and SIL take care of the children.

The relationship seems to be reciprocal -- give and take. We all know how valuable a good daycare provider can be. If that person is a loving relative, that is absolutely priceless. Sandra willingly accepted the help that her daughter and SIL offered. She, in turn, offered equally valuable assistance to them.

All just my interpretation and opinion.

on the vanished podcast which was recorded on 2/15/2021 it was said the last outgoing call was Sandra to her cousin at 5:30 pm. I am thinking the possible reason for this is Sandra called her cousin T but T didnt answer. The last incoming calls would have been her daughter who tried to call Thurs and Friday morning before heading over to Sandras but Sandra did not answer. If this is correct that would mean Sandra was home at 5:30. Did the cousin (T) call earlier than 5:30 on Wednesday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong