UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did the perpetrator check Claudia's phone at 12.10?

Not sure what May prompt someone to check a phone at a particular time, other than it being the first opportunity they had to check it for a number of hours - imho it points towards someone on a break, and the phone being close by but securely secreted away somewhere.

Why it was not turned off straight away it came into their possession is puzzling - unless it was overlooked or there wasn’t enough time to “get everything done” without being late for work and causing suspicion perhaps?

Last edited:
Why did the perpetrator check Claudia's phone at 12.10? Was he/she on a work break or did something prompt them to check the phone at that time?
Not sure what May prompt someone to check a phone at a particular time, other than it being the first opportunity they had to check it for a number of hours - imho it points towards someone on a break, and the phone being close by but securely secreted away somewhere.

Why it was not turned off straight away it came into their possession is puzzling - unless it was overlooked or there wasn’t enough time to “get everything done” without being late for work and causing suspicion perhaps?

Why did the perpetrator check Claudia's phone at 12.10? What prompted them to check the phone at that time?

Its perhaps the prime time for a lot of people to start their Dinner break

The function of holding the phone could be a warning of whose worried about Claudia and to give a perpetrator a warning of when people are starting to notice her missing. I would say it's also to check what these people trying to get in contact with Claudia actually know

You could perhaps assume that if there at work,then the phones been put on silent. Perhaps the phone was switched off in a Dinner break and then discarded somewhere during the test of their Dinner break

If the perpetrator were not in public,they could of been 'raking' through the phone for information

Why did the perpetrator check Claudia's phone at 12.10? What prompted them to check the phone at that time?

The function of holding the phone could be a warning of whose worried about Claudia and to give a perpetrator a warning of when people are starting to notice her missing. I would say it's also to check what these people trying to get in contact with Claudia actually know

You could perhaps assume that if there at work,then the phones been put on silent. Perhaps the phone was switched off in a Dinner break and then discarded somewhere during the test of their Dinner break

If the perpetrator were not in public,they could of been 'raking' through the phone for information

I think where we refer to someone switching her phone off at a break time - we (I imagine a portly chap in chef whites with a striped apron and a chefs hat rushing to the boot of his red car in the middle of the university car park. ....... pause for thought.....

how about the perp either visited Claudia on the evening of the 18th or simply gave her a lift to work. What I find odd is we see the silver focus arrive at 5.42am on the 19th however we cannot see if it stops of if anyone gets in. We know there is a camera opposite Claudias house - can it see Claudia being picked up? Does it see the car stop? Let’s say it does. From what I have read I believe Claudias phone spends the morning in Heworth, moving to Acomb and then to North West York where at 12.10pm it’s calmly switched off

I think where we refer to someone switching her phone off at a break time - we (I imagine a portly chap in chef whites with a striped apron and a chefs hat rushing to the boot of his red car in the middle of the university car park. ....... pause for thought.....

how about the perp either visited Claudia on the evening of the 18th or simply gave her a lift to work. What I find odd is we see the silver focus arrive at 5.42am on the 19th however we cannot see if it stops of if anyone gets in. We know there is a camera opposite Claudias house - can it see Claudia being picked up? Does it see the car stop? Let’s say it does. From what I have read I believe Claudias phone spends the morning in Heworth, moving to Acomb and then to North West York where at 12.10pm it’s calmly switched off

The 1st para of my post states:

"Its perhaps the prime time for a lot of people to start their Dinner break"

Additionally; I never mentioned any type of Car or Car park

^^ This?! IMO

Maybe the alarm went off, perhaps she set it to go off at a certain time as she knew someone she wanted to contact would be available then, lunchtime

Not sure about this - a chefs lunch break, if their shift started at 6am wouldn’t be at peak dinner service time of mid-day surely? Certainly would have had opportunity to check or switch the phone off before then.

Maybe the alarm went off, perhaps she set it to go off at a certain time as she knew someone she wanted to contact would be available then, lunchtime

Do we know if the phone was pin locked? Hard to scrutinise a locked phone or even turn off an alarm I would suggest

I’d like to know if Claudia house revealed any traces of illegal substances. Wonder if it was standard practice to use sniffers or wether this line has been dismissed out of hand.

Last edited:

12 noon is Perhaps not lunch break time for a chef, but maybe a groundsman or lab technician per chance?

Last edited:
Is it generally accepted that the poi are the only genuinely feasible perpetrators of this crime?

I’d like to know if Claudia house revealed any traces of illegal substances. Wonder if it was standard practice to use sniffers or wether this line has been dismissed out of hand.

Not sure that has ever been investigated, there is obviously a reason why!

12 noon is Perhaps not lunch break time for a chef, but maybe a groundsman or lab technician per chance?

It's not impossible for people in certain industries to have a Dinner break at the normal times. Surely copious departments in all types of employment, organise themselves by staggering breaks

The important thing iiiiiiissss....what was Claudia's routine and behaviour with her phone? We know she was a prolific texter but she stopped texting during the evening before she didn't turn up for work. Did she switch off her phone at work or did she leave it turned on? Did she leave her phone switched on over night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus