Recovered/Located TX - Alexis Cavazos, 16, last seen leaving her job, Dallas, 7 Feb 2021

I think it was a debit card and an allowance card that could both be tracked if she used them. I'm not sure about the wallet. I need to go back and re-read because I don't remember reading about a wallet. MOO
but what is this whole issue about being tracked ? Her dad said he doesn’t think she was a run away ? I wonder if she was telling people she wanted to ?
Moo

but what is this whole issue about being tracked ? Her dad said he doesn’t think she was a run away ? I wonder if she was telling people she wanted to ?
Moo
Either she or the person who took her wouldn't want her location to be known and using the phone and cards would reveal her location, being tracked or traced to the location. We don't know if she left voluntarily or not. MOO

Either she or the person who took her wouldn't want her location to be known and using the phone and cards would reveal her location, being tracked or traced to the location. We don't know if she left voluntarily or not. MOO
Yea but her cash wouldn’t if she had cash? Has anyone said how many people besides the cook were left that night ?

I’m with you. I think that’s where she normally left her things because most places won’t let you be on your phone unless you’re on break. My friends that work in the service industry have to turn off their phones or put their phones on mute and they have to stash it somewhere.

I think she ran outside to see someone real quick and intended to return. The front doors were probably locked to prevent customers from entering (if you’ve worked in the service industry, you know what I’m saying) while the back door was probably unlocked for taking out trash, smoke break, etc.

MOO
IMO
I am reading along and catching up and it hit me, in this industry, sometimes they prop the back door open, let air flow, to smoke, make it easier to take out garbage etc and then I read your post. I think you are right on. IMO

Could it be that the cook is the one who told Alexis that someone was waiting to speak to her outside the back door? Maybe that's where the reference to the "raspy voice" originated. (Unless the "raspy voice" was tied to whoever argued with someone inside the restaurant that night? I can't keep my info straight here.) It was dark outside, in back of the restaurant. The driver put his window down and called out to the cook: "Send Alexis out." The cook wouldn't be able to identify the individual on account of the darkness, but did hear his voice. Just speculating here.

It could of been the cook that told her that.. the car is just so “typical “ of a description . Dark car , tinted windows ... idk it just seems off .
Hopefully they can access all her social media and see if she was speaking with anyone .

moo

Just because LE is quiet, that doesn't mean they are not informed. Many times they just don't say anything because they are waiting on tips to come in. If they report a witness saw dark blue Mercedes leaving the scene for example without waiting for more tips, that can throw an investigation off in a wrong direction, and then everyone's looking for a dark blue Mercedes. If they wait, and say 20 people say they saw a black Mercedes driving away, it makes it more likely it was a black Mercedes.

I understand what you're saying. But isn't time the most crucial factor here? DC got to Boomer's only a handful of hours after Lexi supposedly left. I guess I want it to be as simple as: LE finds out Lexi is missing, LE immediately locates the nearby cameras and look over all footage from the time she left work, with a sense of urgency. Obviously I cannot be absolutely certain, but IMO multiple cameras would've captured vehicles in the vicinity of the restaurant, in the shopping center, and the freeway nearby. I would assume, in this day and age, there is a camera right where she got into whatever car she allegedly got into. Couldn't LE announce that they didn't find any useful footage, if that were the case? Of course LE should not make a flimsy tip public, but couldn't they make public whether they had anything at all - or at the very least confirm that they looked for surveillance cameras? Would it hinder the investigation to come out and say "we looked through all the cameras at Boomer's and nearby businesses and saw nothing". What's the downside? I have a hard time believing no cameras saw Lexi or the car she got into. JMO. I don't know if I expect too much. And I get that the weather has been a serious issue. DC was frustrated it took two days to hear from a detective. IMO there should have been a detective at Boomer's with DC when he was searching dumpsters. If LE located the phone the day Lexi went missing, then wouldn't the same LE go look at the surveillance cameras? It's not a "let's wait two days" kind of deal. Sorry if I'm being repetitive/ranting. My point is: DC wasn't thrilled with the time it took LE to respond and I feel for him.

Frustrations with lack of footage aside, IMO Lexi was planning on returning inside. Or IF she left "voluntarily", she was being manipulated and someone was taking advantage of her. IMO the chances Lexi went to work that night intending to go off of the grid, leave phone and money, and end contact with family are slim to none. She is a responsible, straight A student. Perhaps she mentioned a family incident at work to a coworker. Again she just turned 16. She's a young girl working in an environment with people much older than her. People are drinking. She's vulnerable and presumably her colleagues know how she typically gets home from work if her dad doesn't pick her up. Someone took advantage of her. She was expecting to go home after work. She could've been lured under false pretenses the night of the incident. Like for instance, "go run this pair of glasses out to my friend". She doesn't seem like the type to run off. She's 16 but she works, gets good grades, is responsible. Could she have been communicating with someone via a burner phone and willingly left work with the person? Yes. I said before, being an instinctively protective adult aware of my surroundings, I would always try keep an eye out on a teenage female coworker in that setting. I know coworkers are not babysitters. I just think the fact that no one noticed until her dad woke up at 4AM. I think she was lured into a car. I don't think it was her ride home. It's hard to consider it "voluntary" regardless. If someone lied to her and gained her trust, she might have "voluntarily" gotten into a car. Or approached the car. I don't know if someone literally forced her into a vehicle, but I think when she got in the car she realized it was not what she expected. I'm sad. Hoping Lexi is safe. She has so much more to do in the world. Whoever took a vulnerable 16 year old girl, for whatever reason, needs to be held accountable. Hard not to keep stressing: surveillance cameras. Isn't it likely that there are cameras IN Boomer's - not just surrounding businesses? JMO.

Last edited:
Could it be that the cook is the one who told Alexis that someone was waiting to speak to her outside the back door? Maybe that's where the reference to the "raspy voice" originated. (Unless the "raspy voice" was tied to whoever argued with someone inside the restaurant that night? I can't keep my info straight here.) It was dark outside, in back of the restaurant. The driver put his window down and called out to the cook: "Send Alexis out." The cook wouldn't be able to identify the individual on account of the darkness, but did hear his voice. Just speculating here.

This is along the lines of what I'm thinking, given that the cook is the one person who claimed to see her exit. Also just speculating, but say a driver pulled up to an unassuming cook and said "Tell Lexi I'm here", and then the cook went inside and told Lexi. If Lexi wasn't expecting anyone she could've just gone to see who it was, thus leaving her belongings. If I recall correctly, the person described as having a "raspy voice" was someone involved in the possible argument. This is based off of DC's account and at the time seemed like it was all "being looked into further". Perhaps LE is being quiet because they found something on Lexi's phone? If LE found something to suggest that she had left voluntarily, I guess LE could have a reason to withhold info from the public. But isn't finding the car and person who took the 16 year old girl urgent even if she "wanted" to leave? She's a kid.

Last edited:
This is along the lines of what I'm thinking, given that the cook is the one person who claimed to see her exit. Also just speculating, but say a driver pulled up to an unassuming cook and said "Tell Lexi I'm here", and then the cook went inside and told Lexi. If Lexi wasn't expecting anyone she could've just gone to see who it was, thus leaving her belongings. If I recall correctly, the person described as having a "raspy voice" was someone involved in the possible argument. This is based off of DC's account and at the time seemed like it was all "being looked into further". Perhaps LE is being quiet because they found something on Lexi's phone? If LE found something to suggest that she had left voluntarily, I guess LE could have a reason to withhold info from the public. But isn't finding the car and person who took the 16 year old girl urgent even if she "wanted" to leave? She's a kid.
If the cook talked to anyone waiting for her, we would know it by now. She would not have gone out to a dark alley alone at midnight just to check who was there. If the people she left with haven't been traced through her phone, she probably didn't use that phone to communicate with them. Or perhaps she could have covered her tracks by deleting the app she used. All IMO.

Just a note on the deleted tweet. It was from Missing kids and they deleted it when they did a new tweet on Alexis. Not sure why or if anything was updated, but that’s what happened. They tagged DallasPD in both tweets but it was from Missing Kids.

https://twitter.com/missingkids/status/1361374631576371207?s=21

This was the tweet. Not from DallasPD but tagged DallasPD. Again I find it odd. Even if billboards are a separate deal, why has this story gotten so little attention? Also on another note - everyone is expected to wear masks now, obviously for reasons far more serious than to disguise, but it adds another element when trying to find missing people or fugitives. I'm sure you know this but I'm new to WS and it has been on my mind for a year, so I had to let it out. But back to Lexi, why is it that some cases like these seem to get "Good Morning America" type attention, while others can't get a press briefing? Can't help but think about Grady Judd whenever I think about LE pressers, but that type of transparency is necessary, when possible of course. I just want more information, badly.

why has this story gotten so little attention?
The weather! People have been miserable all over Texas and have literally just been trying to survive, people and animals freezing to death. Nothing much else was covered during this time, unfortunately for Lexi.
Also I think LE are mostly treating this as a runaway case. They may have more info than we know.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress
Back