UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
So would there be a strong chance that CL or her abductor/s would have been captured on camera from 15:05 until..... where do you draw the line.
I assume that the pavements may not have been covered but most likely vehicle movements up and down the street would?

Had CL have set off on foot to work I would have expected her to have been seen on the post office camera? Surely NYP would have checked her route to and from work when her car was out of action.

The fact there are so many cameras dotted around her home makes this even stranger. It’s not as if it is a rural area.

I am aware a lot of this has probably been covered already so I best continue to read past posts.
Yes the perpetrator probably has been captured and if you think you know the lurker the one who doesn’t want to be seen by the guy crossing the street ... let them know

I would suggest the silver car wasn’t known to CL or she would have got a lift to the post office. The car would have waited and then dropped her at home. Interesting to see a similar silver vehicle repeatedly.

personally I think she went out around 9pm with the intention of being dropped at work in the morning. The breakfast Bowls kind of works against that theory though but I don’t believe she would make her bed at that time in the morning. What was in her bins was there evidence of her enjoying an evening meal at home or had she left earlier.

Would be interesting to know how she got to work after the heavy night earlier in the week. Did her new BF drop her off?

PJ3 - pointless post. He likely had nothing to do with it and the numerous CCTV cameras on the flats behind would be well known

I would suggest the silver car wasn’t known to CL or she would have got a lift to the post office. The car would have waited and then dropped her at home. Interesting to see a similar silver vehicle repeatedly.

personally I think she went out around 9pm with the intention of being dropped at work in the morning. The breakfast Bowls kind of works against that theory though but I don’t believe she would make her bed at that time in the morning. What was in her bins was there evidence of her enjoying an evening meal at home or had she left earlier.

Would be interesting to know how she got to work after the heavy night earlier in the week. Did her new BF drop her off?

PJ3 - pointless post. He likely had nothing to do with it and the numerous CCTV cameras on the flats behind would be well known
Yet the police keep insisting he (the lurker) is the most important character to identify !

Wasn’t the cctv of the lurker enhanced somewhere, it was suggested by someone that he was a portly chat with a receding hair line wasn’t it?

Not sure if that’s correct or just wild speculation trying to get a known character to fit the rather grainy image.....

Perhaps the breakfast dishes were remnants of the previous day (18th) that hadn’t been attended to rather than having being used on the day of her disappearance (19th) -

also do I remember correctly there being a wine glass and pint glass in the sink along with some plates and cutlery and not just breakfast crockery?

Wonder who drunk from the pint glass?

I suspect the “lurker” was captured on the other camera on the main road.
There is obviously far more CCTV available than we have access to. It is frustrating they choose to zoom in on certain footage and not others. Times missing etc.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
here the link to the bus cam footage .If you use the settings wheel on the video footer and set it to one of the slowest speed you should be able to view the car crossing the junction more clearly:)
Ok, I was referring to the van within the white circle. There is a white car crossing the junction and I hadn't noticed the car seen on campus when Claudia left work.

I have been trying to read through past posts but you will appreciate it is time consuming but fascinating.

Has anyone had the foresight to map the locations of CCTV cameras around CLs home?

I am sure she must have been able to be tracked to some degree from her returning home until the following day? Is the road covered in both directions? Cost cutter at one end and around Limes Court the other? Wasn’t it suggested one of the houses opposite CLs has a low quality camera in the window?
I wondered what routes could be taken to avoid being picked up by CCTV?
There is a map of the limes cctv and the angles. There is also a camera opposite Claudias front door

Where was the camera located do you know if it was opposite. A house cctv? x
As I understand a house cctv. I have seen images from it - I’m sure. I vaguely remember looking at an image of the front of Claudias house - really grainy black and white image, dark. I remember a comment saying the camera wasn’t of much value because of the poor quality.

Perhaps the breakfast dishes were remnants of the previous day (18th) that hadn’t been attended to rather than having being used on the day of her disappearance (19th) -

also do I remember correctly there being a wine glass and pint glass in the sink along with some plates and cutlery and not just breakfast crockery?

Wonder who drunk from the pint glass?
Evaluate it - let’s say Claudia left for work on the 19th as normal through her front door (or back door) there’s washing in the sink - so we have not got an empty sink to return home to. Let’s say during the evening around 8.23pm she went missing we haven’t got an empty sink. There is in my opinion more than 1 days washing up in the sink - I do not believe Claudia was as tidy as her house suggested. In respect of the sink I could write a 3000 word essay on it - there’s loads of clues in there and after the rucksack - it has to be one of the pivotal pieces of evidence. In my opinion

So would there be a strong chance that CL or her abductor/s would have been captured on camera from 15:05 until..... where do you draw the line.
I assume that the pavements may not have been covered but most likely vehicle movements up and down the street would?

Had CL have set off on foot to work I would have expected her to have been seen on the post office camera? Surely NYP would have checked her route to and from work when her car was out of action.

The fact there are so many cameras dotted around her home makes this even stranger. It’s not as if it is a rural area.

I am aware a lot of this has probably been covered already so I best continue to read past posts.
Carry on asking anything that comes to mind - it’s good to go over old ground again, sometimes with what has been learned you can rethink aspects

Maybe it would be worth then going into really small detail and finding out if Claudia used the alarm function on her phone to wake her up in the morning?

Also; does Claudia's model of phone still sound an alarm if it is switched off ?
I agree looking at the detail, it’s hard, though I have tried - imagine every step she took once inside her home, from work it was said she went back out to post another letter - did she drop her rucksack by the front door and pick up the letter and go straight out with it - or did she take her boots off - change into her slippers - compose the letter and then change back into her boots. Her rucksack still at the front door? - I see on the back of her door she has hooks - is that where her rucksack lived? - it would be nice to have a plan of her house - in as much detail as possible.

As I understand a house cctv. I have seen images from it - I’m sure. I vaguely remember looking at an image of the front of Claudias house - really grainy black and white image, dark. I remember a comment saying the camera wasn’t of much value because of the poor quality.
Thank you, I have not seen that image. May explain how it was known the person in suv never excited the vehicle in that time frame x

I agree looking at the detail, it’s hard, though I have tried - imagine every step she took once inside her home, from work it was said she went back out to post another letter - did she drop her rucksack by the front door and pick up the letter and go straight out with it - or did she take her boots off - change into her slippers - compose the letter and then change back into her boots. Her rucksack still at the front door? - I see on the back of her door she has hooks - is that where her rucksack lived? - it would be nice to have a plan of her house - in as much detail as possible.
How about she goes in through front door. She picks up a letter she received that day with correct house no but wrong name ! She walks to no 46 but which road ?
My postman is always doing this and since the other people live closer to me (as opposed to the post box ) I deliver their mail myself ! I’ve done this several times this year alone !

Evaluate it - let’s say Claudia left for work on the 19th as normal through her front door (or back door) there’s washing in the sink - so we have not got an empty sink to return home to. Let’s say during the evening around 8.23pm she went missing we haven’t got an empty sink. There is in my opinion more than 1 days washing up in the sink - I do not believe Claudia was as tidy as her house suggested. In respect of the sink I could write a 3000 word essay on it - there’s loads of clues in there and after the rucksack - it has to be one of the pivotal pieces of evidence. In my opinion
I get the feeling you’ve actually written that 3000 word essay ... can we see it ?
And in that ‘essay ‘ you would have talked about fingerprints ? How many sets of fingerprints were found on pint and wine glasses ?
If a clean up took place ( which I do not suspect ) the police would not have found any fingerprints on one or both items .
Come on let us read your essay... I promise I will not count the words lol

Last edited:

I dont necessarily agree that there is more than one days washing uo in the sink. The contents of the sink may indicate that more than one person enjoyed one meal.
The police did ask if anyone had noticed extra food being ordered in.
I cant find the link to this perhaps others can post it if they have it

Im struggling with the going back out to post a letter. Can I ask where this detail is from as the only detail of a letter being posted on the micro site is the letter Claudia posted on her way home from work (Weds 18th) at Melrosegate post office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong