Still Missing CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), California City, 21 Dec 2020 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only AV News Crew video we have previously allowed is the one with the neighbour's surveillance video.

We're going to pass on AVW's recent phone interview. We have no idea who the host is actually speaking with (no name, no visual), and the audio is terrible. I couldn't hear most of what the woman was saying and it seemed to me that the woman who was speaking so hesitantly at first with all the long pauses and terrible audio, somehow morphed into a woman who was speaking very quickly and confidently, and IMO did not sound like the same person at all.
Agree. Let LE weed out all these "interesting" stories.
God bless them, what a job they have on their hands.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Agree. Let LE weed out all these "interesting" stories.
God bless them, what a job they have on their hands.

I wonder how many resources are being drawn away from investigating the “actual” case? I understand people are upset, we’re all upset, but they’re making it harder to find the boys.

I wonder how many resources are being drawn away from investigating the “actual” case? I understand people are upset, we’re all upset, but they’re making it harder to find the boys.
This was a "tip" we are referring to.
I'm sure everyone is trying to help, and I'm also sure LE knows how to quickly weed out the deluded from those leads that are fact based. When people hem and haw, and have trouble piecing together a coherent thought, it's generally (not always, but generally) a sign of deception.

This was a "tip" we are referring to.
I'm sure everyone is trying to help, and I'm also sure LE knows how to quickly weed out the deluded from those leads that are fact based. When people hem and haw, and have trouble piecing together a coherent thought, it's generally (not always, but generally) a sign of deception.

That’s true! I was just thinking about all of the craziness from the beginning I guess. Thanks Roses!

Those are good points. I forgot the fact that the dogs didn’t pick up the boys’ scent outside either...so my initial thought that maybe they sent them out earlier and weren’t paying attention to them doesn’t hold water. Sadly....

I don’t have a theory as to what happened, but the more I read Websleuths, the less faith I have in drawing conclusions from dog searches.

FEB 21, 2021
Online groups track, share information in missing California City boys case | KGET 17
Sunday marks two months since two little boys ...

... thousands of people forming online communities are determined to find answers.

“We literally have people from the UK, from Texas, Colorado, Hawaii, Florida, everywhere looking for them and trying to find clues,” NL, an administrator for a Facebook group said.

LV lives in the Bay Area and is an administrator in the group LV United We Stand. ... Its purpose is to help find the boys through organizing search parties and sharing information.

[...]

LV is one of many who have felt personally touched by the boys’ story despite having no previous connection to them. At least seven different groups are dedicated to finding the boys. Some of the groups have thousands of members.

[...]

JN is a Bakersfield resident who has followed the case since it began. She recently used her own money to put up two billboards seeking information on the boys.

[...]

FEB 22, 2021
Missing in California City airing tonight on 17 News at 5 | KGET 17
Two months after the disappearance of brothers Orrin and Orson West, 17’s Perla Shaheen takes a look back to day one when the mystery began.
So this is my answer to "has there ever been a case where two children go missing?
Yes, not at the same time but there has.

I still wonder if there is anything that's even closer to this one i.e both children go missing at the same time.

FEB 22, 2021
Missing in California City: What we know about the disappearance of Orrin and Orson West | KGET 17
It has now been two months since two little boys vanished ...

[...]

Orrin and Orson were born in Bakersfield – Orrin on August 4th, and Orson on June 11th, 2017. Their mom is RD. She gave the boys their birth names – Cinsere and Classic. Their last names were Pettus.

“I was living fine with them before they came and got them,” RD said. “A small incident happened.”

Child Protective Services took the boys near the beginning of 2018.

“I was at work, I noticed my baby’s cry wasn’t normal when I got home and I took him straight to the hospital,” RD said. “They say his femur bone was broken and twisted.”

The baby she’s talking about is Orrin West. He had a broken thigh bone, but RD says she didn’t know how it happened. The last time she saw her boys was at the end of 2018.

[...]

Even though the West family wasn’t home – somebody threw a rock through the front window. Another screwed a large sign into their front awning that asked “Where are the boys?”

“Even though it was violent, they did have good intentions,” said LR, California City resident. “They want to bring the parents out to talk.”

[...]

RD – the biological mother – still lives in Bakersfield and has joined a few of the search parties for the boys.

[...]

Members of her extended family have held multiple prayer vigils and search parties, spreading the word through social media and flyers. They also made t-shirts, masks, and sweatshirts with pictures of the boys on them.

[...]

One Bakersfield resident – JN – has no relation to the boys. But she took money out of her own pocket to put up two billboards, alongside Mohawk Street near Rosedale Hwy.

[...]

Last edited:
“I was living fine with them before they came and got them,” RD said. “A small incident happened.”

Child Protective Services took the boys near the beginning of 2018.

“I was at work, I noticed my baby’s cry wasn’t normal when I got home and I took him straight to the hospital,” RD said. “They say his femur bone was broken and twisted.”

The baby she’s talking about is Orrin West. He had a broken thigh bone, but RD says she didn’t know how it happened.

RSBBM. I feel for RD, I do, my heart goes out to her, but the above bolded is just not taking any ownership or responsibility of why the boys were placed into foster care.

RSBBM. I feel for RD, I do, my heart goes out to her, but the above bolded is just not taking any ownership or responsibility of why the boys were placed into foster care.
Which boomerangs back to why she lost the boys and supposedly didn't even know they were adopted o_O

A Mom desperate to get her kids back doesn't wait for the case worker- you have that person on speed dial and appear in person at the office. They say jump you say how high. They say quit smoking pot, you say done- not argue about having a medical mj card and how you're entitled to smoke it.

I feel awful for Ryan, she will never be able to tell the boys how much she loved them and how sorry she is they grew up without her. Their 18th birthday and that opportunity is IMO, forever lost.

Which boomerangs back to why she lost the boys and supposedly didn't even know they were adopted o_O

A Mom desperate to get her kids back doesn't wait for the case worker- you have that person on speed dial and appear in person at the office. They say jump you say how high. They say quit smoking pot, you say done- not argue about having a medical mj card and how you're entitled to smoke it.

I feel awful for Ryan, she will never be able to tell the boys how much she loved them and how sorry she is they grew up without her. Their 18th birthday and that opportunity is IMO, forever lost.
This is my remembrance only, so I’ll say moo, rumor, speculation, etc., and I just did a google search plus went through the entire media thread, but I swear early on it was stated the reason RD lost custody was because she never showed up to court, hence why she didn’t know they were adopted? Does anyone else remember this?
Regardless, the guilt and heartbreak must be terrible but I don’t think the State goes through all of this over a “small incident”. Shutting up so I don’t sound like I’m bashing anyone, because that’s not my intention. I just don’t like minimizing the circumstances.

So Perla’s new summary report states that in addition to O and O there are two biological children and two other adopted children. She even had a graphic made. JMO- I think this corrects the chiefs prior statements that the other two were foster children.

So this is my answer to "has there ever been a case where two children go missing?

I still wonder if there is anything that's even closer to this one i.e both children go missing at the same time.

I posted some examples way upthread. I’ll try to track them down. Little siblings wandering off in woods (found safe), little siblings hiding out in a structure like a shed in woods (found safe), little ones wandered to creek/water and fell in (both drowned), Lori Vallow kids (killed, turned out different times), a few different cases of adopted siblings with long term neglect and abuse where both were killed at different times but it was not discovered they were missing until the same time.

ETA- looks like I mainly summarized the cases I found of siblings going missing at the same time. I did note that we don’t know for sure O and O went missing at the same time. I posted this happy ending link as an example where LE kept up search and rescue much longer than they did in this case:
Young brother, sister missing for 2 days recovering in hospital
https://www.news4jax.com/news/2019/...er-found-after-52-hours-reunited-with-family/
The search and rescue was basically called off in the West case in less than 24 hours. Also it was confirmed to media that the FBI was interviewing TW and JW within 24-30 hours.
FBI interviewing adoptive parents of missing California City boys | KGET 17

Last edited:
This is my remembrance only, so I’ll say moo, rumor, speculation, etc., and I just did a google search plus went through the entire media thread, but I swear early on it was stated the reason RD lost custody was because she never showed up to court, hence why she didn’t know they were adopted? Does anyone else remember this?
Regardless, the guilt and heartbreak must be terrible but I don’t think the State goes through all of this over a “small incident”. Shutting up so I don’t sound like I’m bashing anyone, because that’s not my intention. I just don’t like minimizing the circumstances.
In her first video, the one outside the West's home, RD said she didn't know they were adopted in 2019; she didn't know anything after the last court date. Is that what you're thinking of?

It's the first video here - start about 3:40: CA - CA - Orson & Orrin West (3&4), MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE - NO DISCUSSION

Yes, in 2005 Shasta and Dylan Groene disappeared during a horrific crime in Idaho.

I've been on Websleuths for awhile now and have a lot of cases of multiple siblings who disappeared on my Watch list. It does happen and we need to take each case individually.
This is the oldest case on my list, I think. From the 1950's, three little brothers disappeared at the same time :(, either drowned or abducted.
MN - MN - Ken, David, & Dan Klein, ages 4, 6, 8, Minneapolis, Nov 1951
And don't forget the tragic case in Australia of the Beaumont children.

Over the decades since, it has happened again and again. May the evidence come out to show what truly happened and may these families find answers, including O & O's families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member